What team to expect big things from???

The teams in Class AA.

Postby fireman53 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:53 pm

i'm dead serious...he's goin pro in may and i wish the best for him

fireman53
NDPreps Rookie

Postby SportsAreLife » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:56 pm

So he's done with football for good. Really can't believe that. Well best of luck to him.
SportsAreLife

Postby propel23 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:21 pm

fireman53 wrote:just to let you guys know i talked to lorenz from hazen and he's not planning on playing next year and instead plans on focusing on his rodeo career since he's goin pro

if this is true........grizz do you still want that bet because i thought ryan had some good chances with 11 on 4 but now its 11 on 3.......you might want to rethink your statement.....but thats just my opinion but either way im sure youll disagree......your from trinity.
propel23

Postby grizz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:24 pm

propel23 wrote:
fireman53 wrote:just to let you guys know i talked to lorenz from hazen and he's not planning on playing next year and instead plans on focusing on his rodeo career since he's goin pro

if this is true........grizz do you still want that bet because i thought ryan had some good chances with 11 on 4 but now its 11 on 3.......you might want to rethink your statement.....but thats just my opinion but either way im sure youll disagree......your from trinity.

Just because you can name 11 starters doesn't mean crap. I could name all 11 starters for Trinity next year but that wouldnt mean that they are going to be tough. And no, I probobly wouldnt wanna take that bet if Lorenz won't be playing. If he doesnt play that would be really stupid of him. I think its all an april fools joke to be honest. 

You argue just as much, if not more, than I do on this website. The only difference is is that I actually stick up for someone other than my own team.
Last edited by grizz on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby fireman53 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:32 pm

well i'm not much of a joker, but the last time i talked to lorenz rodeo was his biggest priority and he's very good at it too.
fireman53
NDPreps Rookie

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:38 pm

I actually just can't fathom that he would quit football. He's a freak. I'm still betting that he will play football, but I guess he should do what he loves most.
SportsAreLife

Postby grizz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:39 pm

[user=3030]fireman53[/user] wrote:
well i'm not much of a joker, but the last time i talked to lorenz rodeo was his biggest priority and he's very good at it too.

Thats what I hear....... but giving up football for it???? That seems crazy at this age. I've never seen him in action and I dont know a lot about rodea, but I'm guessing he's got a long way to go before he goes pro.
Last edited by grizz on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby fireman53 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:38 pm

haha well he's been bragging to me about how he's goin pro in may and i suppose he wont have a lot of time to do anything else
fireman53
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:40 pm

fireman53 wrote:haha well he's been bragging to me about how he's goin pro in may and i suppose he wont have a lot of time to do anything else

out of curiosity, how does one 'go pro' in rodeo? do you just have to go to some of the events or do you have to get a pro card or something? win and such and such event and then are considered pro?
rep

Postby fireman53 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:44 pm

uhh i dont know...i think its a money thing like if you go to rodeos and win a certain amount of money you can become pro and go on the circuit
fireman53
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Deuce » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:59 am

Does the NDHSAA have any rules regarding amateur status? 

Would his taking cash for prizes in rodeo be like Jeremy Bloom who played football at Colorado and lost his NCAA eligibility because of the endorsements he took for skiing as a member of the US ski team.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:52 am

Deuce wrote:Does the NDHSAA have any rules regarding amateur status? 

Would his taking cash for prizes in rodeo be like Jeremy Bloom who played football at Colorado and lost his NCAA eligibility because of the endorsements he took for skiing as a member of the US ski team.

The NDHSAA does have rules regarding amateur status.  Section IX states that any student that uses his/her athletic ablity or training for financial gain is deemed a professional.  But you only loose your ameteur status in that sport. 
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Zagfanjerry » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:08 am

How about Rugby...what will they look like next year?
Zagfanjerry

Postby CoachG » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:09 am

Rugby has two of their best players back, and tons of good underclassmen. Good coaching staff and lots of tradition, plus the coach is also the track coach and that program is excellent.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:01 am

CoachG wrote:Rugby has two of their best players back, and tons of good underclassmen. Good coaching staff and lots of tradition, plus the coach is also the track coach and that program is excellent.

CoachG you wouldn't happen to be the head coach from Rugby Scott Grochow..don't know if I spelled that right???
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:03 am

AAfootballfan wrote:
CoachG wrote:Rugby has two of their best players back, and tons of good underclassmen. Good coaching staff and lots of tradition, plus the coach is also the track coach and that program is excellent.

CoachG you wouldn't happen to be the head coach from Rugby Scott Grochow..don't know if I spelled that right???

BUSTED!!! haha. Thats kinda embarassing if its true.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby propel23 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:35 pm

grizz wrote:
propel23 wrote:

Just because you can name 11 starters doesn't mean crap. I could name all 11 starters for Trinity next year but that wouldnt mean that they are going to be tough. And no, I probobly wouldnt wanna take that bet if Lorenz won't be playing. If he doesnt play that would be really stupid of him. I think its all an april fools joke to be honest. 

You argue just as much, if not more, than I do on this website. The only difference is is that I actually stick up for someone other than my own team.

umm did i ever put down hazen(or any other team) i said earlier that there going to be a good team again just like last year.....so i dont see where the need for me to stick up for another team is????and if i dont agree with someone on here which most of the time its you(with all do respect) but im not just going to let it go im going to grow a pair and say something and i dont get why you care so much that i agrue even if it is about my own team i dont really see what the point is of standing up for another team when the next time you play them you want to beat them as physicaly bad as possible but then when you come on here you talk nice about them thats soft....dont get me wrong i have respect for the players i play and i could care less if they had any for me but that doesnt mean i like them i just respect them
propel23

Postby mags » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:58 am

rep wrote:
fireman53 wrote:haha well he's been bragging to me about how he's goin pro in may and i suppose he wont have a lot of time to do anything else

out of curiosity, how does one 'go pro' in rodeo? do you just have to go to some of the events or do you have to get a pro card or something? win and such and such event and then are considered pro?

i think it goes like this. once u turn 18 u have the choice. im guessing he is saying he is turning pro in may cuz thats when he turns 18. first thing is u have to do buy a permit. This permit does not get u into all pro rodeos but most. once u win at the pro level u can earn a card. u have to win so much money i dont know the exact amount to get the card. lorenz is quite good at rodeo but i dont know wait one more year and finish football
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby CoachG » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:57 am

No, sorry, I am just a ND sports fan like the rest of you.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:02 am

CoachG wrote:No, sorry, I am just a ND sports fan like the rest of you.

Well obviously you are from Rugby the way it sounds you know alot about them!  I am willing to bet you are Rugby's head coach and hey their is nothing to be ashamed of in having confidence in your team Scott but you gotta learn how to win the big game!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CoachG » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:00 am

Sorry to disappoint, but I am not Scott. Just a fan who knows a lot about ND football. If Rugby had there 3 best players playing in the Watford game last year, it would have been a different outcome. But then I thought no one could beat Hazen either.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:11 am

CoachG wrote:Sorry to disappoint, but I am not Scott. Just a fan who knows a lot about ND football. If Rugby had there 3 best players playing in the Watford game last year, it would have been a different outcome. But then I thought no one could beat Hazen either.

Is he changing the subject???
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Zagfanjerry » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:43 pm

grizz wrote:
CoachG wrote:Sorry to disappoint, but I am not Scott. Just a fan who knows a lot about ND football. If Rugby had there 3 best players playing in the Watford game last year, it would have been a different outcome. But then I thought no one could beat Hazen either.

Gosh I have no idea grizz
Zagfanjerry

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:04 pm

Zagfanjerry wrote:
grizz wrote:

Ok now I know its you because you are admitting being from Rugby and i hit a sensative spot when it comes to beating the Wolves when it counts.  So you are from Rugby and your username is CoachG hmmmm...yes you are Scott Grochow!!  And who are their 3 best players that weren't playing in that game please tell me?? If i remember right they had their full team playing!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:10 am

AAfootballfan wrote:
Zagfanjerry wrote:
grizz wrote:

Ok now I know its you because you are admitting being from Rugby and i hit a sensative spot when it comes to beating the Wolves when it counts.  So you are from Rugby and your username is CoachG hmmmm...yes you are Scott Grochow!!  And who are their 3 best players that weren't playing in that game please tell me?? If i remember right they had their full team playing!!

Get real gentlemen. Do you know Coach Grochow at all?? I know him well, and trust me, he would never come on this site and say the things "Coach G" has said. He is a very professional individual with high standards for his athletes. Trust me, "Coach G" is not Scott Grochow. Its pure coincidence that this guy has used that screen name. Pure coincidence, nothing more
ndfbfan

PreviousNext

Return to AA