What team to expect big things from???

The teams in Class AA.

Postby football#1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:43 am

Which teams do you think that will make an impact in this upcoming season and what team will have the least?
Last edited by football#1 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsman_99 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:34 pm

football#1 wrote:Which teams do you think that will make an impact in this upcoming season and what team will have the least?

In the west i expect big things from both hazen and brhs... and prolli can count on trinity being up there again
sportsman_99
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fightingsioux20 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:42 pm

Hazen should be good they get Sorenson back
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Zagfanjerry » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:58 pm

brhs should be good they return 2 all-staters in Kallias and Kasper and they might be ready to take the next step?
Zagfanjerry

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:27 am

Bishop Ryan is going to need a lot more than just 2 people to help them out next year. They will have help from Vetter too though. He is probobly going to be one of the best TE's out there next year. From what I remember, he needs to work on his hands a little though.

Hazen is going to be pretty good with Sorenson, Lorenz, Marshall, and Erheardt. I think they lost their big guys this year, but I'm sure they will have plenty of people who will fill in those spots just fine.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsman_99 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:52 am

brhs has alot more than two, i think they had a junior full roster last season along with those all-staters soo, they will be an experienced team, this is prolli their best chance this year to make some noise, but we'll see
sportsman_99
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:35 pm

i have heard from a couple sources that trinity lost all 22 of their starters from last year, and im just wondering if this is true? if it is, i would think that it would be a bit of a struggle to be the team that everyone expects from them year after year. does anyone know what their team is supposed to look like this upcoming season.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Trinity lost 20 of their 22 starters. But they had a lot of guys getting time who didnt start. A couple guys filling in here and there when the starters were hurt or tired or whatever. I'm not gonna say weither they are gonna be good or bad because either way, ill get chewed out by someone.
Last edited by grizz on Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:10 pm

so they have two returning starters, what position do they play, or is it just the same person playing on both sides of the ball?
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Roughrider » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:21 pm

grizz wrote:Trinity lost 20 of their 22 starters. But they had a lot of guys getting time who didnt start. A couple guys filling in here and there when the starters were hurt or tired or whatever. I'm not gonna say weither they are gonna be good or bad because either way, ill get chewed out by someone

U really cant sleep on Trinity. They have a great coach in Randy Gordon who has some state titles and he knows how to coach. It doesnt matter who they lose they always have some kids coming up that will make the team great. Its the same way with their basketball team, they just find ways to win with any players that they have.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby propel23 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:24 pm

grizz wrote:Bishop Ryan is going to need a lot more than just 2 people to help them out next year. They will have help from Vetter too though. He is probobly going to be one of the best TE's out there next year. From what I remember, he needs to work on his hands a little though.

Hazen is going to be pretty good with Sorenson, Lorenz, Marshall, and Erheardt. I think they lost their big guys this year, but I'm sure they will have plenty of people who will fill in those spots just fine.

k first you say ryan is going to need more then 2 kids to be good then you name 4 for hazen and say there going to be good....? if your going to criticize someone dont go and do the same thing yourself....

and also ryan has alot more than two kids for the last 2 years the this year juniors have had the majority of the starting positions and from what i remember they have around 7 either all-region or all-conference players returning some were both. they got all the skilled positions covered from eggl ar RB kallias at QB vetter at TE and wald backes(if he plays) and bartsch all returing at reciever and there defense returns both safteys and corner and one linebacker and one D-lineman but the only thing they are lacking as of right now is a line and if they get that they will be a tough team but if they dont they could be in for some trouble. so from the looks of it they got more than 2 players but i guess thats my opinion.
propel23

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:41 pm

propel23 wrote:k first you say ryan is going to need more then 2 kids to be good then you name 4 for hazen and say there going to be good....? if your going to criticize someone dont go and do the same thing yourself....

and also ryan has alot more than two kids for the last 2 years the this year juniors have had the majority of the starting positions and from what i remember they have around 7 either all-region or all-conference players returning some were both. they got all the skilled positions covered from eggl ar RB kallias at QB vetter at TE and wald backes(if he plays) and bartsch all returing at reciever and there defense returns both safteys and corner and one linebacker and one D-lineman but the only thing they are lacking as of right now is a line and if they get that they will be a tough team but if they dont they could be in for some trouble. so from the looks of it they got more than 2 players but i guess thats my opinion.

I never said they didn't have anyone else, I was stating a fact that they need more than those "2 great players" that zagfanjerry mentioned. Second, every team has some returning starters and people who can play and that doesnt mean they are all going to help the team.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby propel23 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:54 pm

grizz wrote:
propel23 wrote:k first you say ryan is going to need more then 2 kids to be good then you name 4 for hazen and say there going to be good....? if your going to criticize someone dont go and do the same thing yourself....

I never said they didn't have anyone else, I was stating a fact that they need more than those "2 great players" that zagfanjerry mentioned. Second, every team has some returning starters and people who can play and that doesnt mean they are all going to help the team.

k so hazen is going to be good because you named 4....? yea i know hazen is going to be good but you criticized zagfanjerry saying that ryan needs more than 2 players to be good then you only name 4 players for hazen and say there going to be good and also yea its kind of obvious that a team needs more than 2 players to be good and also if a person isnt going to help the team out why would the coach play him....?
propel23

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:00 pm

Maybe thats the best in that position they have.

I said Hazen is going to be tough because those 4 alone can carry that team. They have a great combo of strength, speed, and athleticism. Hazen also has better coaching than BRHS, and if their record ever year doesnt tell the story, then I don't know what does.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby NorthDakota11 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:13 am

grizz wrote:Trinity lost 20 of their 22 starters. But they had a lot of guys getting time who didnt start. A couple guys filling in here and there when the starters were hurt or tired or whatever. I'm not gonna say weither they are gonna be good or bad because either way, ill get chewed out by someone.

Go back to 2002 and the Trinity Titans... They lost 21 of 22 starters from the 2001 team and went to the State Title game that year, they lost the game but lots of people doubted they could do anything that year... Trinity always reloads... Gordon is a great coach, they will always compete regardless of how many people they lose.

Hazen is the same way... they always have great athletes and I would say in most cases are probably the most naturally gifted team year in and year out... they just always seem to be missing that killer instinct.

Last edited by NorthDakota11 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Zagfanjerry » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:00 am

propel23 wrote:
grizz wrote:

k so hazen is going to be good because you named 4....? yea i know hazen is going to be good but you criticized zagfanjerry saying that ryan needs more than 2 players to be good then you only name 4 players for hazen and say there going to be good and also yea its kind of obvious that a team needs more than 2 players to be good and also if a person isnt going to help the team out why would the coach play him....?

when i posted about Kallias and Kasper, i was simply mentioning 2 very good players that brhs can build around as a team.....and yes i did forget to mention the other returning juniors next year such as Eggl, Larson, Elm,etc. that will have a very big impact for them next season....and also how can you even say that hazen has better coaching then brhs, im not saying that they dont but you cant just post that without getting caught......this is friggin ludicrous
Last edited by Zagfanjerry on Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zagfanjerry

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:15 pm

grizz wrote:I said Hazen is going to be tough because those 4 alone can carry that team. They have a great combo of strength, speed, and athleticism. Hazen also has better coaching than BRHS, and if their record ever year doesnt tell the story, then I don't know what does.

Is that better zag? Hazen has a better record than BR every year, and they make it farther in the playoffs every year and thats if BR even makes playoffs. BRHS pulled off the upset this year but it was proven that Hazen was the better team later in the season because they made it to the semi's and BR didn't even grab a playoff spot.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby propel23 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:03 pm

grizz wrote:
grizz wrote:I said Hazen is going to be tough because those 4 alone can carry that team. They have a great combo of strength, speed, and athleticism. Hazen also has better coaching than BRHS, and if their record ever year doesnt tell the story, then I don't know what does.

Is that better zag? Hazen has a better record than BR every year, and they make it farther in the playoffs every year and thats if BR even makes playoffs. BRHS pulled off the upset this year but it was proven that Hazen was the better team later in the season because they made it to the semi's and BR didn't even grab a playoff spot.

every year....when is the last time hazen has won state....?if they ever have
propel23

Postby T-Bone » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:40 pm

propel23 wrote:
grizz wrote:

Hazen won it in 1996 and made it there in 2001. So yes they have won state before. When's the last time BR even made it there? Been awhile i think
T-Bone

Postby dukefan32 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:02 pm

T-Bone wrote:
propel23 wrote:
grizz wrote:

Hazen won it in 1996 and made it there in 2001. So yes they have won state before. When's the last time BR even made it there? Been awhile i think
Actually the last time BRHS was at state was in 1999, in which they won it, then in 1997 and 1994(1994 was Class B.).........
Last edited by dukefan32 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby Zagfanjerry » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:22 pm

T-Bone wrote:
propel23 wrote:
grizz wrote:

pretty sure they made it 2 years ago and won it in 99 and other years around that
Zagfanjerry

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:38 pm

Zagfanjerry wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
propel23 wrote:
grizz wrote:

pretty sure they made it 2 years ago and won it in 99 and other years around that

I never said Hazen takes state, if you are going to quote and highlight me, you better read it. I SAID they have a better record, and I should have said they have a better record than them ALMOST every year.

BRHS didn't make it to state 2 years ago. That was Cavalier vs Lisbon, and the years before that were Trinity vs Cavalier. If you are saying they made it to playoffs, then I can see what you're saying, but I don't even think they made it out of first round.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby CoachG » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:59 am

East:
Rugby have their two best players back, and DL, Grafton, and Oak Grove hardly lost anyone.

West:
I think last year was Watford's year. Most of the teams lose a lot of players. Trinity will always find someone to play. Hazen and Ryan have top notch players coming back. I think everyones back on a more even playing field.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby propel23 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:49 pm

grizz wrote:
Zagfanjerry wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
propel23 wrote:
grizz wrote:

I never said Hazen takes state, if you are going to quote and highlight me, you better read it. I SAID they have a better record, and I should have said they have a better record than them ALMOST every year.

BRHS didn't make it to state 2 years ago. That was Cavalier vs Lisbon, and the years before that were Trinity vs Cavalier. If you are saying they made it to playoffs, then I can see what you're saying, but I don't even think they made it out of first round.

maybe you should type and read more carfully because your the one who put EVERY YEAR.....there big letters you should be able to read that without criticizing anyone.... and BRHS has won state 3 time and im not sure on how many times they have been there and 2 years ago was the last time they made the playoffs not state....so yea bishop ryan 3 hazen 1 ponder on that before you say every year again....

and for the record  i would take 11 ryan kids over those 4 hazen kids anyday....on either side of the ball....
propel23

Postby Zagfanjerry » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:52 pm

ditto
Zagfanjerry

Next

Return to AA