2020 Standings

The teams in Class AA.

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby momofathletes » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:34 pm

maddog1971 wrote:All I want to know is how Wahpeton beat Valley City.... The rust of the season of not playing? Kids Sick? Wahpeton is came out and kicked some Butt????

I was at the Kindred and Central Cass game and you could see lots of rust and lack of in shape players for Kindred. Looked weird seeing 50 to 60 players on Central Cass side and 17 on Kindreds.


Yes but how many of those athletes on the sideline were freshman and sophomores? Because you say you can't count them as they are not true varsity players . Interesting enough I have paid attention to starting lineups this season and every game there have been multiple underclassman(including freshman) starting. One game had a total of 8 or 9 between the 2 teams and they only announce one team's starting offense and the other team's starting defense. So that is more than a third and almost half of starters on one side of the ball. And there were plenty of upperclassman on the sidelines. I saw few if any that were in slings or crutches or street clothes so it didn't appear that they were just filling in for injuries. I will stand by my earlier statement that varsity players are not determined by grade level and it isn't a rarity for underclassman to be contributing and starting on many teams. The number of kids on sidelines can also be affected by Covid. Not only due to quarantine, but not all teams are taking their entire 9-12 squad to away games as they have in normal years because they don't want to cram that many kids on one bus at this time.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: Not Sheboygan

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:31 am

How many St. Mary's Freshman and Soph are starting for them? None... Why... well according to you they must not have any good Freshmen or Soph... Or is it because they have a whole bunch of kids to choose from... I bet they have some stud underclassmen that don't get to play.
All this will mean nothing when we go back to class b competing against Class B.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:33 pm

maddog1971 wrote:The answer is if you are in the State Championship let's say 8 out of 10 years.... then you a playing way above your competition.



So we should keep moving schools around, not based on enrollment, but based on success? So smaller enrollment schools, if successful in "their" division should be moved up?

I mean, that must be the answer. That's why GF Central and RR and FS and FN are moving "down" right?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:58 pm

177 male Athletes in a private school in one of the biggest cities in the State should not be playing in AA with class B schools who have enrollments of just over 100 Male students. And since Bismarck has been dominate that should say they are playing below their league. I am happy with how things are shaking out for next year.
Bismarck will still be at the top of the league if not the top next year as well in AA... but they will be playing schools they should be playing.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:17 pm

maddog1971 wrote:177 male Athletes in a private school in one of the biggest cities in the State should not be playing in AA with class B schools who have enrollments of just over 100 Male students. And since Bismarck has been dominate that should say they are playing below their league. I am happy with how things are shaking out for next year.
Bismarck will still be at the top of the league if not the top next year as well in AA... but they will be playing schools they should be playing.


Could not agree more!
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:57 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I am happy with how things are shaking out for next year.


You're happy because St. Mary's isn't in your school's division anymore. So you're good with how it's shaking out.

What about Valley City and St. Mary's next year?

You really think their enrollment is fair vs. Grand Forks Central and Red River and Fargo North and South and Jamestown?

I can about guarantee that VC and STM enrollment vs GFRR, GFC, FN, FS and Jamestown is more disproportionate than St. Mary's is vs the bottom schools in their current division.


IMO, you (and Sportsrube) are more bothered by St. Mary's winning year after year than you are their enrollment. If it was enrollment that bothered you, you'd also be pointing out how VC and St. Mary's are in the "wrong" division by having to play GFRR, GFC, FN, FS, Jamestown next year.

I've said it before....we don't have enough schools in ND to make it all "fair". And a teams success (St.M) and teams lack of success (GFRR, GFC, FN, FS) shouldn't dictate what division they are in.

My entire point is, there is no good answer. For someone to say "Finally, they got it right" --- probably means they are just happy a they don't have to face a perennial powerhouse.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:10 am

My point is they are a class A school. If one or even 5 of their starters go out you have a 17 or 18 year old young man to take their place. The class b have 1 starter go down they normally have a Freshman to take their place. That is my point. Football is a man's game and when you have kids going against young men... that is not right. Shanley has proven that they can compete and win with the other class A schools... so St. Marys...
I think they will be near the top in AAA next year and personally they would be in the playoff's this year as well. Maybe not win it all...
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby The Schwab » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:02 am

5-time state chump wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:I am happy with how things are shaking out for next year.


You're happy because St. Mary's isn't in your school's division anymore. So you're good with how it's shaking out.

What about Valley City and St. Mary's next year?

You really think their enrollment is fair vs. Grand Forks Central and Red River and Fargo North and South and Jamestown?

I can about guarantee that VC and STM enrollment vs GFRR, GFC, FN, FS and Jamestown is more disproportionate than St. Mary's is vs the bottom schools in their current division.


IMO, you (and Sportsrube) are more bothered by St. Mary's winning year after year than you are their enrollment. If it was enrollment that bothered you, you'd also be pointing out how VC and St. Mary's are in the "wrong" division by having to play GFRR, GFC, FN, FS, Jamestown next year.

I've said it before....we don't have enough schools in ND to make it all "fair". And a teams success (St.M) and teams lack of success (GFRR, GFC, FN, FS) shouldn't dictate what division they are in.

My entire point is, there is no good answer. For someone to say "Finally, they got it right" --- probably means they are just happy a they don't have to face a perennial powerhouse.


I feel like this should definitely be taken into consideration when assigning teams to divisions. It should not be simply based on enrollment.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3820
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby momofathletes » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:20 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Will anybody come close to giving Bismarck a game. I hope they enjoy kicking the crap out of the Class B schools.
Beulah 38 kids 16 kids 9th or 10th grade So 22 Varsity Players
Bismarck 46 Kids 8 10th and no 9th So 38 Varsity Players
CC 56 Kids 29 9th or 10th So 29 Varsity Players
DL 34 Kids 14 10th no Freshmen 20 Varsity Players
Hazen 43 Kids 25 9th or 10th 18 Varsity Players
HCV 57 Kids 27 9th and 10th So 30 Varsity Players
Stanley 28 Kids 20 9th and 10th So 8 Varstiy Players
Kindred 34 Kids 23 9th and 10th So 11 Varsity Players
VC 38 Kids 12 10th no 9th So 26 Varsity Players
WC 46 Kids 22 Kids 9th or 10th So 24 Varsity Players
Can not find Wahpeton

Football is a game of numbers...


I would say a few teams gave them a very good game. Kindred, Beulah(twice) and HCV all were right there until the end.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: Not Sheboygan

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby momofathletes » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:29 pm

momofathletes wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Nobody said that younger kids are not talented. Yes I know 8th Graders that are faster and are better running backs that kids that are Seniors. They bodies are not ready to take that type of abuse. Plain and simple. I think NC should just cancel the season if they don't have the kids to play. Playing 8th graders is crazy....

My whole point is if you have 40 to 50 juniors or seniors that it there are only a couple kids in this state who are freshman that would be able to take the jobs away from 40 or 50 11th and 12th grade kids. If a freshmen is 6'5 280 lbs and is built... yep he can play... a 5'4 110 lbs kid should never play middle linebacker.


I was only refuting your original statement saying that only juniors and seniors can count as varsity players. I never mentioned anything about freshmen but I do know of a few who have been varsity starters, and not because of a need based on roster numbers or injuries. However, I know of many sophomores who have started instead of upperclassman because they were better players period. I think you would have a hard time convincing anyone that follows football in ND that the twins from Langdon really weren't "varsity" players when they were leading their team to an undefeated season as sophomores and were all state selections. As a parent I would have serious reservations about an 8th grader playing with the big boys but I can't say the same for a sophomore. As a side note, is anyone's body really ready for the abuse that takes place in football? Even the pros who train for it year round still get hurt, sometimes seriously.


3 sophomores on this year's all state team in this class alone. Maybe they should be considered varsity players after all. If they had been injured or quarantined they may have been replaced by a junior or senior. :D
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: Not Sheboygan

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:31 pm

momofathletes wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Will anybody come close to giving Bismarck a game. I hope they enjoy kicking the crap out of the Class B schools.
Beulah 38 kids 16 kids 9th or 10th grade So 22 Varsity Players
Bismarck 46 Kids 8 10th and no 9th So 38 Varsity Players
CC 56 Kids 29 9th or 10th So 29 Varsity Players
DL 34 Kids 14 10th no Freshmen 20 Varsity Players
Hazen 43 Kids 25 9th or 10th 18 Varsity Players
HCV 57 Kids 27 9th and 10th So 30 Varsity Players
Stanley 28 Kids 20 9th and 10th So 8 Varstiy Players
Kindred 34 Kids 23 9th and 10th So 11 Varsity Players
VC 38 Kids 12 10th no 9th So 26 Varsity Players
WC 46 Kids 22 Kids 9th or 10th So 24 Varsity Players
Can not find Wahpeton

Football is a game of numbers...


I would say a few teams gave them a very good game. Kindred, Beulah(twice) and HCV all were right there until the end.


Yes those 3 Teams played very well against them with Kindred turning the ball over to much and a dropped touchdown to win the game but....
St Mary's had 9 First team all State.... 9 LOL I bet 2 of the starters are really mad because they did not make it.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:30 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
momofathletes wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Will anybody come close to giving Bismarck a game. I hope they enjoy kicking the crap out of the Class B schools.
Beulah 38 kids 16 kids 9th or 10th grade So 22 Varsity Players
Bismarck 46 Kids 8 10th and no 9th So 38 Varsity Players
CC 56 Kids 29 9th or 10th So 29 Varsity Players
DL 34 Kids 14 10th no Freshmen 20 Varsity Players
Hazen 43 Kids 25 9th or 10th 18 Varsity Players
HCV 57 Kids 27 9th and 10th So 30 Varsity Players
Stanley 28 Kids 20 9th and 10th So 8 Varstiy Players
Kindred 34 Kids 23 9th and 10th So 11 Varsity Players
VC 38 Kids 12 10th no 9th So 26 Varsity Players
WC 46 Kids 22 Kids 9th or 10th So 24 Varsity Players
Can not find Wahpeton

Football is a game of numbers...


I would say a few teams gave them a very good game. Kindred, Beulah(twice) and HCV all were right there until the end.


Yes those 3 Teams played very well against them with Kindred turning the ball over to much and a dropped touchdown to win the game but....
St Mary's had 9 First team all State.... 9 LOL I bet 2 of the starters are really mad because they did not make it.



All-Region and All-State teams in football have been so watered down lately its a joke, almost everyone gets some sort of trophy.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:43 am

packers21 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:
momofathletes wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Will anybody come close to giving Bismarck a game. I hope they enjoy kicking the crap out of the Class B schools.
Beulah 38 kids 16 kids 9th or 10th grade So 22 Varsity Players
Bismarck 46 Kids 8 10th and no 9th So 38 Varsity Players
CC 56 Kids 29 9th or 10th So 29 Varsity Players
DL 34 Kids 14 10th no Freshmen 20 Varsity Players
Hazen 43 Kids 25 9th or 10th 18 Varsity Players
HCV 57 Kids 27 9th and 10th So 30 Varsity Players
Stanley 28 Kids 20 9th and 10th So 8 Varstiy Players
Kindred 34 Kids 23 9th and 10th So 11 Varsity Players
VC 38 Kids 12 10th no 9th So 26 Varsity Players
WC 46 Kids 22 Kids 9th or 10th So 24 Varsity Players
Can not find Wahpeton

Football is a game of numbers...


I would say a few teams gave them a very good game. Kindred, Beulah(twice) and HCV all were right there until the end.


Yes those 3 Teams played very well against them with Kindred turning the ball over to much and a dropped touchdown to win the game but....
St Mary's had 9 First team all State.... 9 LOL I bet 2 of the starters are really mad because they did not make it.



All-Region and All-State teams in football have been so watered down lately its a joke, almost everyone gets some sort of trophy.

Agree - unbelievable.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby momofathletes » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:57 pm

[quote][/quote]
All-Region and All-State teams in football have been so watered down lately its a joke, almost everyone gets some sort of trophy.

I certainly won't argue that we live in an era of everyone gets a trophy. But I am genuinely curious as to what you mean by being watered down "lately". Are you referring to 70s? 80s? 90s? 2000s? I haven't paid much attention so did a random search of years and there are actually considerably less kids that made all state compared to few years ago. Even though there are a few less teams in this class than at that time, proportionately still quite a few less made the team. For instance 2020 had 25 1st teamers and 11 2nd teamers. Compare that to 2015 where there were 25 1st teamers and 26 2nd teamers. In 2011 there were 25 1st teamers and 26 second teamers. 2018: 25 1st teamers, 12 2nd teamers. I did notice in past years they broke down 2nd team into defense and offense where as now they are just lumped together. I have no idea how many would have made the team in more distant past. I have never seen a published list of who makes all-region so I really can't compare anything relating to that.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: Not Sheboygan

Previous

Return to AA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests