2020 Standings

The teams in Class AA.

2020 Standings

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:34 pm

EAST REGION
1. Hillsboro-Central Valley 4-1 (7-2)
2. Kindred 3-1 (5-1)
3. Central Cass 2-3 (4-4)
4. Devils Lake 2-3 (3-6)
5. Valley City 2-2 (3-4)
6. Wahpeton 1-4 (1-7)

WEST REGION
1. Bismarck St. Mary's 4-0 (8-0)
2. Beulah 3-1 (6-2)
3. Hazen 2-2 (3-4)
4. Watford City 1-3 (1-7)
5. Stanley 0-4 (0-7)
Turtle Mountain - Cancelled Season

Updated: 10/24 @ 9:00p CT
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 15768
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:40 am

Will anybody come close to giving Bismarck a game. I hope they enjoy kicking the crap out of the Class B schools.
Beulah 38 kids 16 kids 9th or 10th grade So 22 Varsity Players
Bismarck 46 Kids 8 10th and no 9th So 38 Varsity Players
CC 56 Kids 29 9th or 10th So 29 Varsity Players
DL 34 Kids 14 10th no Freshmen 20 Varsity Players
Hazen 43 Kids 25 9th or 10th 18 Varsity Players
HCV 57 Kids 27 9th and 10th So 30 Varsity Players
Stanley 28 Kids 20 9th and 10th So 8 Varstiy Players
Kindred 34 Kids 23 9th and 10th So 11 Varsity Players
VC 38 Kids 12 10th no 9th So 26 Varsity Players
WC 46 Kids 22 Kids 9th or 10th So 24 Varsity Players
Can not find Wahpeton

Football is a game of numbers...
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:06 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Will anybody come close to giving Bismarck a game. I hope they enjoy kicking the crap out of the Class B schools.
Beulah 38 kids 16 kids 9th or 10th grade So 22 Varsity Players
Bismarck 46 Kids 8 10th and no 9th So 38 Varsity Players
CC 56 Kids 29 9th or 10th So 29 Varsity Players
DL 34 Kids 14 10th no Freshmen 20 Varsity Players
Hazen 43 Kids 25 9th or 10th 18 Varsity Players
HCV 57 Kids 27 9th and 10th So 30 Varsity Players
Stanley 28 Kids 20 9th and 10th So 8 Varstiy Players
Kindred 34 Kids 23 9th and 10th So 11 Varsity Players
VC 38 Kids 12 10th no 9th So 26 Varsity Players
WC 46 Kids 22 Kids 9th or 10th So 24 Varsity Players
Can not find Wahpeton

Football is a game of numbers...


It's a game of numbers. Yes. But, those same numbers, based on enrollment put STM in AA.

In ND, there is no good answer, and no good way to divvy up the teams.

If we go 4 classes, we end up with AA having only 10 teams.

If we go 3 classes, we have some major mismatches in enrollment between schools in the same class.

We've all talked about this forever. There isn't an answer.

I'm not from STM or Bismarck...so I don't care.

I'm not here to argue but to point out there isn't a good/logical answer--at least that I've ever seen.

What would you do with Bis STM? Move them to AAA? And how would you respond when someone said "Jeez...look at how many more kids Century and Sheyenne and WF have than STM" ?

There isn't a good place for STM, VC, Wahp, DL. The latter 3 are the only 3 cities with populations between 6k and 9k in the state.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:28 pm

The answer is if you are in the State Championship let's say 8 out of 10 years.... then you a playing way above your competition.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:39 pm

maddog1971 wrote:The answer is if you are in the State Championship let's say 8 out of 10 years.... then you a playing way above your competition.


They'll be Class AA next year with other Class A schools (like VC, DL, Wahpeton, Williston...maybe the GF schools); the Class B Schools will be a part of Class A (with the rest of the normal Class B schools)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 15768
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:07 pm

Yep. I know. Sorry. Just a bad taste in my mouth about Bismarck. When many of the teams they play have to play Freshmen or Sophomore kids.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:15 pm

The only thing I will say about the classification argument is this: people are always worried about the dominant school getting moved up and they may get beat and dominated in some games. Why is that not ok, but it's ok for them to dominate the same small schools or down programs year after year.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3820
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:30 pm

The Schwab wrote:The only thing I will say about the classification argument is this: people are always worried about the dominant school getting moved up and they may get beat and dominated in some games. Why is that not ok, but it's ok for them to dominate the same small schools or down programs year after year.


Schwab I could not agree with you more. If these schools move up and go .500 they think they are not competing. Well... yes you are. Are you winning a State title every year... no but that is how it should be. That is competitive. Shanley and St. Mary's 10 out of the last 11 years either or both those teams have been in the state title game.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby packers21 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:07 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:The only thing I will say about the classification argument is this: people are always worried about the dominant school getting moved up and they may get beat and dominated in some games. Why is that not ok, but it's ok for them to dominate the same small schools or down programs year after year.


Schwab I could not agree with you more. If these schools move up and go .500 they think they are not competing. Well... yes you are. Are you winning a State title every year... no but that is how it should be. That is competitive. Shanley and St. Mary's 10 out of the last 11 years either or both those teams have been in the state title game.


"Everyone loves a winner but everyone hates a dynasty" Right Maddog??
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 am

packers21 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:The only thing I will say about the classification argument is this: people are always worried about the dominant school getting moved up and they may get beat and dominated in some games. Why is that not ok, but it's ok for them to dominate the same small schools or down programs year after year.


Schwab I could not agree with you more. If these schools move up and go .500 they think they are not competing. Well... yes you are. Are you winning a State title every year... no but that is how it should be. That is competitive. Shanley and St. Mary's 10 out of the last 11 years either or both those teams have been in the state title game.


"Everyone loves a winner but everyone hates a dynasty" Right Maddog??


Well Played Packers... Well Played....
But Basketball needs 5 players and football needs at least 11 if not 15 kids to play at a minimum. And a good Freshmen who is not a generational athlete will be punished on a football field where on the basketball court they can play. Two different sports. To be honest I could care less if basketball had one class system.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby packers21 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 am

maddog1971 wrote:
packers21 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:The only thing I will say about the classification argument is this: people are always worried about the dominant school getting moved up and they may get beat and dominated in some games. Why is that not ok, but it's ok for them to dominate the same small schools or down programs year after year.


Schwab I could not agree with you more. If these schools move up and go .500 they think they are not competing. Well... yes you are. Are you winning a State title every year... no but that is how it should be. That is competitive. Shanley and St. Mary's 10 out of the last 11 years either or both those teams have been in the state title game.


"Everyone loves a winner but everyone hates a dynasty" Right Maddog??


Well Played Packers... Well Played....
But Basketball needs 5 players and football needs at least 11 if not 15 kids to play at a minimum. And a good Freshmen who is not a generational athlete will be punished on a football field where on the basketball court they can play. Two different sports. To be honest I could care less if basketball had one class system.


I just wanted to give you some crap. I actually totally agree with you there is no way BSM should be allowed to play where they do its a joke. I really hope someone gets them in the ship.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby NDPREP » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:58 am

Havent actually seen any AA games this year but the usual suspects can give them a shot this year, Beulah, HCV, and Kindred. They all have good coaching staffs and the athletes to do it this year. Beulah got them last year I believe on a great 2nd half come back.
NDPREP
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:04 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby momofathletes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Will anybody come close to giving Bismarck a game. I hope they enjoy kicking the crap out of the Class B schools.
Beulah 38 kids 16 kids 9th or 10th grade So 22 Varsity Players
Bismarck 46 Kids 8 10th and no 9th So 38 Varsity Players
CC 56 Kids 29 9th or 10th So 29 Varsity Players
DL 34 Kids 14 10th no Freshmen 20 Varsity Players
Hazen 43 Kids 25 9th or 10th 18 Varsity Players
HCV 57 Kids 27 9th and 10th So 30 Varsity Players
Stanley 28 Kids 20 9th and 10th So 8 Varstiy Players
Kindred 34 Kids 23 9th and 10th So 11 Varsity Players
VC 38 Kids 12 10th no 9th So 26 Varsity Players
WC 46 Kids 22 Kids 9th or 10th So 24 Varsity Players
Can not find Wahpeton

Football is a game of numbers...

I agree to a point that football can be a game of numbers. However, I disagree that only juniors and seniors should be considered varsity players. I know plenty of sophomores who didn't play JV because they were starting on varsity, while some of their 11th grade teammates were playing JV games instead.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: Not Sheboygan

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Yes. Plenty of 10th or even 9th Graders can play but I don't believe their bodies are ready for it. I personally believe you can not teach age. I was a big kid 6'2 and 180 lbs Freshmen... Started... and held my own... but I listen to the hype and thought I could take on anyone. Well 220lbs of muscle senior... full grown man taught me a lesson. AFter a massive collision on a pump... Lights out.... As I was lying on the ground and could not feel the right side of my body (my arm was paralyzed).... I learned I was not made of steel. After 5 months of therapy... I had the use of my arm again.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby momofathletes » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:58 am

maddog1971 wrote:Yes. Plenty of 10th or even 9th Graders can play but I don't believe their bodies are ready for it. I personally believe you can not teach age. I was a big kid 6'2 and 180 lbs Freshmen... Started... and held my own... but I listen to the hype and thought I could take on anyone. Well 220lbs of muscle senior... full grown man taught me a lesson. AFter a massive collision on a pump... Lights out.... As I was lying on the ground and could not feel the right side of my body (my arm was paralyzed).... I learned I was not made of steel. After 5 months of therapy... I had the use of my arm again.


I am fine to agree to disagree. There is a difference in "can play" because they are needed and playing because they are better than upperclassman. Whether or not their bodies are " ready for it", if they are playing and contributing at a high level they are varsity players regardless of what grade they are in. The coach must feel the same way if he is playing talented/athletic underclassmen over junior and seniors if their roster numbers don't indicate the need to do so. A grade level isn't always indicative of age. A graduating senior can range in age from 17 to 19 and I know of kids who are older than most of the kids in the grade above them because they started school later, got held back, or repeated a grade early on.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: Not Sheboygan

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby bingobangobongo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:05 pm

momofathletes wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Yes. Plenty of 10th or even 9th Graders can play but I don't believe their bodies are ready for it. I personally believe you can not teach age. I was a big kid 6'2 and 180 lbs Freshmen... Started... and held my own... but I listen to the hype and thought I could take on anyone. Well 220lbs of muscle senior... full grown man taught me a lesson. AFter a massive collision on a pump... Lights out.... As I was lying on the ground and could not feel the right side of my body (my arm was paralyzed).... I learned I was not made of steel. After 5 months of therapy... I had the use of my arm again.


I am fine to agree to disagree. There is a difference in "can play" because they are needed and playing because they are better than upperclassman. Whether or not their bodies are " ready for it", if they are playing and contributing at a high level they are varsity players regardless of what grade they are in. The coach must feel the same way if he is playing talented/athletic underclassmen over junior and seniors if their roster numbers don't indicate the need to do so. A grade level isn't always indicative of age. A graduating senior can range in age from 17 to 19 and I know of kids who are older than most of the kids in the grade above them because they started school later, got held back, or repeated a grade early on.


Northern Cass moved up 3 or 4 8th graders to varsity a few weeks ago based on need (I think they have 16 players this week, they started the season with only 18 or 19). A couple of them have been getting a lot of playing time. I cringe at the idea of them going up against seniors.
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:22 am

Nobody said that younger kids are not talented. Yes I know 8th Graders that are faster and are better running backs that kids that are Seniors. They bodies are not ready to take that type of abuse. Plain and simple. I think NC should just cancel the season if they don't have the kids to play. Playing 8th graders is crazy....

My whole point is if you have 40 to 50 juniors or seniors that it there are only a couple kids in this state who are freshman that would be able to take the jobs away from 40 or 50 11th and 12th grade kids. If a freshmen is 6'5 280 lbs and is built... yep he can play... a 5'4 110 lbs kid should never play middle linebacker.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby packers21 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:56 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Nobody said that younger kids are not talented. Yes I know 8th Graders that are faster and are better running backs that kids that are Seniors. They bodies are not ready to take that type of abuse. Plain and simple. I think NC should just cancel the season if they don't have the kids to play. Playing 8th graders is crazy....

My whole point is if you have 40 to 50 juniors or seniors that it there are only a couple kids in this state who are freshman that would be able to take the jobs away from 40 or 50 11th and 12th grade kids. If a freshmen is 6'5 280 lbs and is built... yep he can play... a 5'4 110 lbs kid should never play middle linebacker.


And NC is coming off a W but should cancel their season.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby momofathletes » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:26 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Nobody said that younger kids are not talented. Yes I know 8th Graders that are faster and are better running backs that kids that are Seniors. They bodies are not ready to take that type of abuse. Plain and simple. I think NC should just cancel the season if they don't have the kids to play. Playing 8th graders is crazy....

My whole point is if you have 40 to 50 juniors or seniors that it there are only a couple kids in this state who are freshman that would be able to take the jobs away from 40 or 50 11th and 12th grade kids. If a freshmen is 6'5 280 lbs and is built... yep he can play... a 5'4 110 lbs kid should never play middle linebacker.


I was only refuting your original statement saying that only juniors and seniors can count as varsity players. I never mentioned anything about freshmen but I do know of a few who have been varsity starters, and not because of a need based on roster numbers or injuries. However, I know of many sophomores who have started instead of upperclassman because they were better players period. I think you would have a hard time convincing anyone that follows football in ND that the twins from Langdon really weren't "varsity" players when they were leading their team to an undefeated season as sophomores and were all state selections. As a parent I would have serious reservations about an 8th grader playing with the big boys but I can't say the same for a sophomore. As a side note, is anyone's body really ready for the abuse that takes place in football? Even the pros who train for it year round still get hurt, sometimes seriously.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: Not Sheboygan

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 am

I said there are a few exceptions every year. But would you say they those two would've started for St. Marys as Soph? Maybe?
Also keep in my that LEM is playing other class B school's as well. Not saying they would not be one of the top teams in AA because they would. But let's say a few years down the road you don't have the talent of kids and you start getting curb stomped like Stanley is right now and you are playing 8th Grade kids. That can happen in Class B schools but that will never happen with Shanley or St. Mary's.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:07 pm

Saw on the news tonight that Fargo Shanley has canceled the rest of their FB season due to Covid-19.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:21 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Saw on the news tonight that Fargo Shanley has canceled the rest of their FB season due to Covid-19.


Nope! They are out two weeks...with this week being the bye week. There is NO cancellation of a season for them...I'm tied to the school for another sport AND just received word from AD.

"FARGO -- The latest program to deal with a positive COVID-19 test is Shanley football.

The Deacons have shut down all team activities after they found a positive coronavirus test on the team, a source tells WDAY Sports.

Shanley will not be able to hold any team activities again until Sept. 30."

GF Red River game was moved to 10/3 from 10/2.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 15768
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:46 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:Saw on the news tonight that Fargo Shanley has canceled the rest of their FB season due to Covid-19.


Nope! They are out two weeks...with this week being the bye week. There is NO cancellation of a season for them...I'm tied to the school for another sport AND just received word from AD.

"FARGO -- The latest program to deal with a positive COVID-19 test is Shanley football.

The Deacons have shut down all team activities after they found a positive coronavirus test on the team, a source tells WDAY Sports.

Shanley will not be able to hold any team activities again until Sept. 30."

GF Red River game was moved to 10/3 from 10/2.


Good news! The Bismarck stations said they were canceling the season. Glad to hear they aren't for the player's sake. Thanks for correcting me.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:23 am

All I want to know is how Wahpeton beat Valley City.... The rust of the season of not playing? Kids Sick? Wahpeton is came out and kicked some Butt????

I was at the Kindred and Central Cass game and you could see lots of rust and lack of in shape players for Kindred. Looked weird seeing 50 to 60 players on Central Cass side and 17 on Kindreds.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Standings

Postby NDPREP » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:00 pm

Same went to Beulah/St Mary's... Beulah had 25 dressed St Mary's 60-70
NDPREP
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:04 am

Next

Return to AA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest