taking titles away from schools

The teams in Class AA.

Postby rep » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:26 pm

http://www.ndhsaa.com/board/minutes/Summary_11_17_06.html

wasn't quite sure where to put this, but i thought since trinity was the offender, it could go in the aa football section.

so i was reading through the minutes from the last ndhsaa monthly meeting and see that trinity got a letter of reprimand for dressing too many players (item #10) at the dakota bowl. i'm uncertain whether they were just sent a letter because they lost and there was no other way to punish them, or if that is just standard protocal for that type of situation.

anyway, it got me thinking on hypothetical situations. if trinity had won, would dressing too many players be enough of an offense to be stripped of a state title?

has a state title ever been stripped from a school in north dakota? in another sport besides football?
rep

Postby magichoops » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:26 pm

First question...I don't think so
Second Question...No- Who cares how many you have on the sideline? If you are not on the roster you wouldn't get in the game anyway and rosters are limited. Let the school foot the bill for an additional 8 guys and who would want to be given a state title.
magichoops

Postby point/center » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:38 pm

rep wrote:http://www.ndhsaa.com/board/minutes/Summary_11_17_06.html

wasn't quite sure where to put this, but i thought since trinity was the offender, it could go in the aa football section.

so i was reading through the minutes from the last ndhsaa monthly meeting and see that trinity got a letter of reprimand for dressing too many players (item #10) at the dakota bowl. i'm uncertain whether they were just sent a letter because they lost and there was no other way to punish them, or if that is just standard protocal for that type of situation.

anyway, it got me thinking on hypothetical situations. if trinity had won, would dressing too many players be enough of an offense to be stripped of a state title?

has a state title ever been stripped from a school in north dakota? in another sport besides football?
which also begs the question. what good is a letter of reprimand? it's pretty shallow...reminds me to ask whatever happened to Shiloh for laying an egg on the football season? letter of reprimand...oh no..please...

my favorite was when my boss threatened to suspend me with pay...no...please...dont'....3 day's off with pay......

does a suspension get any better than that?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballcrasher » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:47 pm

So now we're going to suspend a school because they gave a few extra guys the opportunity to get dressed for a state championship game and warm up in the Al? This is low. Letter schmetter. I bet it was sent to the trash the second it arrived in Dickinson. If a school wants to dress more than the allotted number, let them, and then they can pay for the extra plaques when it comes time.
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby rkmt » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:51 am

I agree - I don't like the rule that a school can only dress so many.  Every kid that was a part of getting there should get to be on the sideline.  The NDHSAA has so many rules that aren't in the best interest of the kids.  I've seen where kids got to be there all year and then "oh, you don't get to dress for the game we've worked towards all year".  Anywhere I've been, a community, if not a school, would pay for the extra plaques, even the dang admission price to get into the Dakota Bowl for extra players the NDHSAA doesn't want to give passes to.  

I see why you started the discussion, Rep, but it's not like a case where an illegal runner RAN, where an ineligible player PLAYED having an effect on the outcome.  It is just getting your whole team dressed in a jersey on the sideline of a game that is great to be a part of.  And the extra kids who dress probably aren't going to get on the field, but it's something they should get experience.  It just penalizes a program for having good numbers, too.   
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:10 am

rep wrote:http://www.ndhsaa.com/board/minutes/Summary_11_17_06.html

I don't know about a title, but Bottineau was stripped of its 3rd place trophy in 97? because some players were caught drinking in the hotel after the game
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:36 pm

how could they be stripped since the season was already over?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:09 pm

baseball wrote:how could they be stripped since the season was already over?

it was erased from all record books.  If you look at who took third that year, it is left blank
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fan1234 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:48 pm

They probably sent the letter for dressing too many because no one has the guts to break up the recruiting ring.  Better a reprimand for something instead of nothing at all.
fan1234
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:09 pm

Baller wrote:

it was erased from all record books.  If you look at who took third that year, it is left blank

what i meant was how could you punish them if the season is over.  like if you get caught during the season its 6 weeks or whatever, and it wasnt like they were playing with minors.  if you understand that, if not im not really sure how else to say it.  my question is, if you do win state and then some players get a minor that night for "celebrating" can they take it away. im jsut confused at the whole thing.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:15 pm

baseball wrote:
Baller wrote:

what i meant was how could you punish them if the season is over.  like if you get caught during the season its 6 weeks or whatever, and it wasnt like they were playing with minors.  if you understand that, if not im not really sure how else to say it.  my question is, if you do win state and then some players get a minor that night for "celebrating" can they take it away. im jsut confused at the whole thing.

It was done in the hotel room that night and therefore still under tournament rules since it the rooms were still a part of NDHSAA.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:27 am

Baller wrote:
baseball wrote:
Baller wrote:

It was done in the hotel room that night and therefore still under tournament rules since it the rooms were still a part of NDHSAA.

So if the rooms are not the team rooms and say parents or someone else room can they still be stripped? Or does it have to be the team hotel room?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fan1234 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:11 pm

I'm sorry, I forgot that sarcasm can so easily go over a person's head.
fan1234
NDPreps Rookie

Return to AA