2007 AA football

The teams in Class AA.

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:13 am

DeuceTrey wrote:did you seriously just compare DL to VC? come on now. DL actually has some pretty decent coaches, who helped mold a young, inexperience defense into a pretty good looking defense if you ask me. they did a great job last year considering the number of people they had, amount of skill they had, and the type of competition they played. im not saying they are the best coaching staff in ND, but they arent the worst.

I highly doubt that DL will ever go 0-9, so no you can't compare that with Valley City and Devils Lake.

But lets take a look, Valley City has always been the second biggest school in AA behind Belcourt, and never finished better than the semi finals. I could see that happening with Devils Lake.

However, I do feel Devils Lake should make a run at the east region next fall.

I have never seen a worse coaching job than what Valley City has done in the last couple of years.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:53 am

DeuceTrey wrote:did you seriously just compare DL to VC? come on now. DL actually has some pretty decent coaches, who helped mold a young, inexperience defense into a pretty good looking defense if you ask me. they did a great job last year considering the number of people they had, amount of skill they had, and the type of competition they played. im not saying they are the best coaching staff in ND, but they arent the worst.

Hold up here now people Im from Valley City and for a long time I too believed it was the coaching. Wrong!! Now they've told us the kids have no drive! Wrong its the schools responsibility to get an Athletic Director and school board who believe in sports other than basketball and golf,  that my friends is the problem in Valley City.   Our kids are told not to expect to win "Just have fun" how fun would it be to go out every game and know your butt will be handed to you, so as far as the coaching goes it's not all coaching. My question would be to the A.D. in VC where is our school pride, why is there no school spirit in the Valley City school system, because we are only supposed to have fun, if its all for fun well then we better be done paying sports fees and all the other jargon that goes along with the attitude of trying and working for some "W's".  Next time you go to DL or any other school look around do you see school pride and maybe devotion from the school system, then look in Valley there is nothing its a great town but we need a change of Athletic Attitude starting at the top.    Sorry for my rant I went off topic it just struck a nerve. 
ndfootballwrestling

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:09 am

ndfootballwrestling wrote:  Hold up here now people Im from Valley City and for a long time I too believed it was the coaching. Wrong!! Now they've told us the kids have no drive! Wrong its the schools responsibility to get an Athletic Director and school board who believe in sports other than basketball and golf,  that my friends is the problem in Valley City.   Our kids are told not to expect to win "Just have fun" how fun would it be to go out every game and know your butt will be handed to you, so as far as the coaching goes it's not all coaching. My question would be to the A.D. in VC where is our school pride, why is there no school spirit in the Valley City school system, because we are only supposed to have fun, if its all for fun well then we better be done paying sports fees and all the other jargon that goes along with the attitude of trying and working for some "W's".  Next time you go to DL or any other school look around do you see school pride and maybe devotion from the school system, then look in Valley there is nothing its a great town but we need a change of Athletic Attitude starting at the top.    Sorry for my rant I went off topic it just struck a nerve. 

I'm sorry, in football it's coaching, no way does a school the size of Valley City go 0-9 in AA football. Without some horrific coaching!

No way should Valley City get spanked by Lisbon, and Oak Grove every year, how embarassing that must be to the town and those poor athletes who are set up for failure.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:07 am

Dont speak too loudly now, as far as the coaching goes I by no means think our coaches are even close to good in some sports, but the coaches are possibly coaching as an extra money maker not because they want to. If you dont hire quality coaches your teams wil inevitably struggle. We hire teachers not coaches, good athletics right? Wrong the Administration not cool if they could we wouldn't have football or wrestling in Valley City.
ndfootballwrestling

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:15 am

If that's the case, I can see why Valley City is the laughing stock of high school sports in N.D. I can't believe the parents are not knocking down the door of the administrators office.

When I talk to other AA football coaches around the state they just giggle when they have to prepare for Valley City.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby football#1 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:12 pm

I think devils lake will be a big match for alot of teams next year. They will be dominate i have watched them in AAA and they have alot of good talent.next year theyll be returning all edc tite end jason burdick and expect to have big impacts from 2 other main go to recivers dustin sackenrueter and max desia. They have great speacial teams from kick return sean ballard and Sackenreuter. There defence will be able to stop anything if they play hard..alot of people notice that they were lazy in a quarter but they stuck it out. But Rugby will be on the hunt for there revenge from a devistaing loss 22-21 to watford city

1.Dickinson

2.Devils Lake

3.Rugby

4.Watford City

5.Oak Grove
football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby region1 football » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:30 pm

Is the ballard kid that you are talking about a stand out football player like he is a wrestler?  I have only had the opportunity to see him wrestle.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:41 pm

he is extremely fast. he can get around almost any corner, and can still run inside and break a few to. he does have a little bit of an injury problem, but if he is healthy, he can light it up.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football#1 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:18 pm

Yea he is very quick. When we were scouting at there football games he ran a 40 in 4.37. Alot of there players are under 5.0 sec
football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:10 pm

i dont think he is that is that fast. but he did run about a 4.5, maybe a little under i dont remember, before the season started. he is definatly one of the faster guys on the team.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 666 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:27 am

AAfootballfan wrote:Devils Lake Will Just Be the next Valley City of AA football they don't have the coaching that the west powers have!!!

you did not just do that...wow Valley City is the worst city in the state for sports...There is NO WAY DL will let itself become what valley city is.  DL is going to have some stud linebackers with byrum(started on defense since he was a sophmore), ballard(2nd in state wrestling, fast kid), burdick(started on defense since he was a sophmore),Wahl(a big kid who fills the holes hard)...Pluse all those kids play running back too very deep in the RB and LB/CB all can play both but wahl.

Postby football#1 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:00 pm

There recivers is whats gunna make them win have you seen them...studs i tell ya..You got max desia-dustin sackenreuter-calby beckstrand-and jason burdick u better be ready for it cause this team is gunna show no mercey at all..
football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm

I hear a lot about Devils Lake's speed and skilled positions. How about their line? and who is the QB, isn't Snyder a senior?

I have followed sports all around the state of N.D. 3rd grade basketball to D-1 AA football and what I have learned is that kids are kids. Just because an athlete is from a bigger town does not make him better.

I have seen kids starting at tight end in AAA football that would not scratch a starting lineup for some 9-man teams.

I have seen 135 pound offensive guards who play like warriors and I have seen 6-2 240 pound tackles play like they have sand in their crotch.

Mental toughness and desire wins every time.

What makes any team a champion is team chemistry, sacrifice in the off season, and the ability of the coach to put it all together.

I have seen countless football games where the more talented team loses to a discipline well coached team.

I do pick Devils Lake to win the east in AA but they can not show up on game day and expect to win because they are the biggest school with the most talent.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby football#1 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:21 pm

there line is gunna be good with alot of experiance coming back..i think there QB is some Gutchscmidt kid but he can throw far hard and accurate..i do agree tho they cant just expect a walk through

football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:42 pm

football#1 wrote:There recivers is whats gunna make them win have you seen them...studs i tell ya..You got max desia-dustin sackenreuter-calby beckstrand-and jason burdick u better be ready for it cause this team is gunna show no mercey at all..

DL's recievers have a lot to prove this year, and they will play a big part in how well their offense will be. Their running game is pretty much set and will play a big part, but their recievers need to step up a lot more than they did last year. There is a lot of potential within that recieving corps, and a lot of depth. They need to be able to make the big plays, and make it a smooth transition for the new qb this year. Their passing game is their biggest question mark right now coming into the season, and hopefully they can make it one of their strong suits.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football#1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:26 pm

Like i said if u wanna see the changes from last year and see how good there guuna be then go to there team camp in valley city

football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:06 pm

football#1 wrote:Like i said if u wanna see the changes from last year and see how good there guuna be then go to there team camp in valley city

dont worry i'll be there, but im just trying to say that their passing game is not going to be there right away. they are bringing in a new qb and they have a new wr coach. yes they have a lot of speed, but they also have a tendency to drop some easy balls and run the wrong routes. it will take time for them to get their timing down and get on the same page with the new qb. but i do agree, that if they really work on it and put the time and effort into building a good passing attack, it will be a great thing to see. but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football#1 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:53 am

just to let u know they arent getting a new reciver coach there head coach is doing all of it....and there qb played varsity last year all im sayin is expect big things from them cause everyone say that wont make it anywere and what not
football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:08 pm

football#1 wrote:just to let u know they arent getting a new reciver coach there head coach is doing all of it....and there qb played varsity last year all im sayin is expect big things from them cause everyone say that wont make it anywere and what not

im having troubles believing that the head coach will take the wr job, considering he is already the rb coach.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dukefan32 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:17 pm

How about any of the teams from the west?? How will they do??
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby propel23 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:39 am

ndfbfan wrote:
ndsubisonfan wrote:both lose lots.. but its the kids that will be able to step up and play. they both experienced being at the state ship and know what it takes to get there. sometimes its more than just athleticism that will get you there. if you look at hazen, they had the best line in the state with a veteran qb and amazing rb and good receiving core but came up a little short. I think the top picks right now gotta be minot ryan and hazen.

Its going to be Trinity and Watford again. They may lose alot, but their kids have that "attitude" that teams need to make it to the next level. I dont' see either Ryan or Hazen with that attitude at this point. Way back I said in another post that the thing that would keep Hazen out of the championship was their attitude and mental preparation. That is exactly what happened. If they can't get over that hump, it may be an early exit once again. Minot Ryan will be good, however, their attitude will again be the deciding factor. Trinity just has it. Whatever "it" is, they seem to find a way to make it happen. They play the game it was meant to be played. I give them tons of credit. And Watford proved this year how far hard work and dedication will take a team. That may be the ultimate downfall for teams like Hazen and Ryan.

ATTITUDE?? what are you talking about. how would you know that unless your on the team or go to the school because i go to ryan and i would love to get on the football field with you and show you my attitude because im pretty sure it would change your mind and the rest of the teams attitude isnt any different because we know what we got and we could care less about people like you who think they know stuff that they obviously dont anything about. so please tell me what you meant by attitude?
propel23

Postby lurkinmid » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:29 am

I think by attitude he meant more than just your mental state during and before a game. I think he meant that they know what has to be done on and off the field in order to put themselves in a position to succeed. Not saying Ryan doesn't have this IMO, but i'm just trying to clarify what he said.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:53 pm

Bowman is moving up to AA next season and it's the dumbest idea I have ever heard. If they struggled in A, what makes anybody think they're gonna make noise in AA?
project-pat

Postby boysbballfan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:00 pm

yea they get ripped off they should still be class A but because they coop with scranton they have to count those students but i heard they have a pretty good running back returning.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby gator-nation » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:07 pm

bowmans running back is britt miller who will be a senior and can barely remember the plays...the have a sophmore qb who weighs about 135 lbs and was just freaked in games as a freshman..there defense also gave up numerous 30+ pt games last season....i can see the bulldogs going winless this season.
Last edited by gator-nation on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gator-nation

PreviousNext

Return to AA