2007 AA football

The teams in Class AA.

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:09 pm

boysbballfan wrote:yea they get ripped off they should still be class A but because they coop with scranton they have to count those students but i heard they have a pretty good running back returning.

oh what do you know anyway...they also co-oped with rhame there genius. I think there is only like 4 players from scranton/rhame, maybe fewer.
project-pat

Postby Thunder66 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:10 am

project-pat wrote:Bowman is moving up to AA next season and it's the dumbest idea I have ever heard. If they struggled in A, what makes anybody think they're gonna make noise in AA?

Look at Hatton-Northwood, they won 7 games in the first 6 years of their co-op in Class A but moved up to AA before last season and won 7 games last year and 6 games this year, Bowman won't do any worse or any better in Class AA than they would've in Class A, the talent levels are not much different, the only difference is that there are far more players playing only one side of the ball in AA
Thunder66

Postby fony » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:31 pm

[font=comic sans ms]Hey, if you want to talk about good teams for next year. You should learn how to spell beulah.[/font]
fony
NDPreps Rookie

Postby propel23 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:29 pm

fony wrote:[font=comic sans ms]Hey, if you want to talk about good teams for next year. You should learn how to spell beulah.[/font]
........why?
propel23

Postby football#1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:37 am

that touchdown was the first game of the season and when they needed plays he always droped the ball. He should have had more but no cant catch....and the main reason he had a TD when they got within 15 yards or 20 of the endzone they will not throw the ball they run it in till they get it..dont act like you know what ur talking about i was his former teamate

football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby boysbballfan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:58 am

project-pat wrote:
boysbballfan wrote:yea they get ripped off they should still be class A but because they coop with scranton they have to count those students but i heard they have a pretty good running back returning.

oh what do you know anyway...they also co-oped with rhame there genius. I think there is only like 4 players from scranton/rhame, maybe fewer.

um they don't coop with rhame cause rhame doesn't have a school anymore. And it doesn't matter how many kids come over its the amount of boys in the schools.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby propel23 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:59 am

What's everyones predictions for the top four in each region??
propel23

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:54 pm

boysbballfan wrote:
project-pat wrote:

um they don't coop with rhame cause rhame doesn't have a school anymore. And it doesn't matter how many kids come over its the amount of boys in the schools.

I said co-opED because Rhame did have a school last year, so hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I know, I just think it's worthless for scranton to even come over if they only have 2 kids playing.
project-pat

Postby football#1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:46 pm

Im pretty sure sackenreuter desia and burdick started by the way...beckstrand lost his starting spot to sackenreuter..and if you think i dont know then think again i was an assistiant coach last season.  you think you know so much well you dont.Beckstrand started 1st 3 games then no more after that.
football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:01 pm

football#1 wrote:Im pretty sure sackenreuter desia and burdick started by the way...beckstrand lost his starting spot to sackenreuter..and if you think i dont know then think again i was an assistiant coach last season.  you think you know so much well you dont.Beckstrand started 1st 3 games then no more after that.

alright football #1 you really need to stop. im tired of hearing you comments about DL's football team. your not even from Devils Lake, yet you claim to know all about every single thing on the team, but most of the things you say are wrong. Sackenreuter dropped more balls at the end of the year than Beckstrand, and Beckstrand had some problems with some coaches last year, and thats how he lost his spot. Desai has the most potential and talent in that corps, but he is young and needs to understand the game a little better. but it doesnt matter anyway, because DL is still a team that will run more than pass.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NorthDakota11 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:47 pm

football#1 wrote:Im pretty sure sackenreuter desia and burdick started by the way...beckstrand lost his starting spot to sackenreuter..and if you think i dont know then think again i was an assistiant coach last season.  you think you know so much well you dont.Beckstrand started 1st 3 games then no more after that.

For an assistant coach you seem like you get far to worked up by what people in the community are saying... Just do your job and let your team speak for itself on the field next fall...
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby NorthDakota11 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:57 pm

propel23 wrote:What's everyones predictions for the top four in each region??

My top fours...

West

1. Watford City - seems like after a few down years Coach Fridley and the Wolves are having a re-birth of sorts

2. Trinity - Until Gordon retires or the school closes they will be here every single year

3. Beulah - Strong this year... and are always in contention for a playoff birth... Is Ham still the coach here? 

4. Hazen/Minot Ryan - Hazen has always lacked that "it" attitude I've seen other posters talk about... Ryan had it when Essler was there maybe they'll get back to it...

East

1. Devils Lake - I don't know a whole lot about them but they have some good tradition and any team that has experience against AAA teams will fair well I think

2. Rugby - Build off of last years success

3. Grafton - Good, strong year last fall... look for them to build off of it

4. Hatton-Northwood/Oak Grove - Both teams should be alright but I might give Oak Grove the edge in this one being able to pull from the larger pool of athletes...

NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:46 pm

4. Hatton-Northwood/Oak Grove - Both teams should be alright but I might give Oak Grove the edge in this one being able to pull from the larger pool of athletes...

Hatton-Northwood is moving down to A
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby NorthDakota11 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:38 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:

Hatton-Northwood is moving down to A

I leasve the state for less then a year and stuff like this happens... My bad..

NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby CoachG » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:35 am

Top picks:
East: Oak Grove
Devils Lake
Rugby
Grafton

West: Hazen
Minot Ryan
Trinity
Beulah

Comment on coaches: All the coaches in AA are of high quality or they would not have the job. It is a difficult position to have and they deserve your respect. If you have the athletes and numbers, your team is going to be in the top four, if you don't their not. Look at the numbers.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:17 am

CoachG wrote:Top picks:
East: Oak Grove
Devils Lake
Rugby
Grafton

West: Hazen
Minot Ryan
Trinity
Beulah

Comment on coaches: All the coaches in AA are of high quality or they would not have the job. It is a difficult position to have and they deserve your respect. If you have the athletes and numbers, your team is going to be in the top four, if you don't their not. Look at the numbers.

There is not an excuse or cop out you can come up with to defend Valley City going 0-9.

Numbers? Valley City is the Biggest school in the east and the only one that does not dress freshmen.

The closest school with male enrolment to VC is Oak Grove with 55 less male students than Valley City.

You still want to blame numbers to see why Valley City went 0-9?

Sometimes it is coaching,

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rocky » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:03 pm

Any idea on who the new Valley City coach will be?  Are there any names being thrown around or are they going to leave it wide open?  Any suggestions or wishes?
Rocky
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CoachG » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:58 am

Numbers of bodies and numbers of talent are two different things. I should have clarified. Lots of AA schools have lots of bodies, but everyone knows in this division you need talent.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:24 am

So you are telling me that the only way you can win is if you have the best athletes in the state? and that coaching does not matter?
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby CoachG » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:35 am

You need athletes to fill the positions. This is a total team sport. If you are filling these positions with just bodies, it does not matter how good a coach you are.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:00 am

You sir are wrong, and have the typical high school coach attitude that I find unacceptable.

So you have never seen a team with less talent out coach and out play a team loaded with talent? I find that hard to believe, I see it several times a season. At all levels, grade school through the pros.

And another thing, so you have less talent at most positions, what happens if you have two teams with equal talent on both sides? does that mean the game will end up in a tie?

Or will the better prepared, coached, and conditioned team win.

Last edited by GRIDIRON GURU on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby CoachG » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:20 am

I see this happen all the time also, but if you take the top four teams in a region and play the bottom four teams in the region, 9 out of 10 times the top teams win. This is not college or pros.

I watch a lot of games. Last years champion was Watford City, their Coach has been there for many years and is considered an excellent coach. The last couple of years the team did very well. What about the years before that? It must have been the coach's fault.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:35 am

How many losing seasons has Mr. Fridley had in his 30 years of coaching????

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby CoachG » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:51 am

I would imagine not very many, but I give credit to any coach that is molding young lives. There is more to sports than wins and losses. I could never do their jobs, but I make a good pretend coach. I here the VC position is open, maybe you want to apply?
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:13 am

If winning is not important then why keep score?

You are right coaches have huge impacts on young peoples lives and the job is not an easy one, no doubt, but when I see coaches setting young people up for failure, I take it personal.

As far as me coaching at the high school level, It is not possible, but the Valley City job would be a good one, they are in the perfect class for their size of school, good numbers and good athletes. The east becomes much more competitive now with Devils Lake dropping down but it should be fun to see an old North Star conference rivalry renewed.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AA