2007 AA football

The teams in Class AA.

Postby carolina blue » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:20 am

[font=georgia]now that the 2006 football season is over with...what are everyones predictions for the 2007 football season? what returning players are gonna be good?[/font]
Last edited by carolina blue on Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby westpower » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:03 am

Minot Ryan will be tough

then

WC

Buelah

Trinity
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby froggy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:00 am

[suP][font=georgia]                  hazen should be pretty good with returning all-state brian sorenson at the running back position and jacob erhardt who was both ways 1st team in the region and all-state DB. watford city is returning their quaterback, who led them to a state championship. im not to sure on minot ryan or beulah. i know that dickinson trinity will be young with only around 4 returning starters, with a new qb,  rb/lb core, new secondary, and i think they had a 2 linemen that will be back.[/font][/suP]
froggy

Postby ndman11 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:55 pm

Oak Grove should be tough, yes they do lose Luke Hvidston but they have a solid Jr class and some great sophmores. The yougner Hvidston has a lot of potenial. I wouldnt be surprise to see them suceed.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSUbison! » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:34 pm

How are the returning state finalists gonna be next year? How watford and also trinity gonna look?
NDSUbison!

Postby ndsubisonfan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:14 pm

both lose lots.. but its the kids that will be able to step up and play. they both experienced being at the state ship and know what it takes to get there. sometimes its more than just athleticism that will get you there. if you look at hazen, they had the best line in the state with a veteran qb and amazing rb and good receiving core but came up a little short. I think the top picks right now gotta be minot ryan and hazen.
ndsubisonfan

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:17 pm

ndsubisonfan wrote:both lose lots.. but its the kids that will be able to step up and play. they both experienced being at the state ship and know what it takes to get there. sometimes its more than just athleticism that will get you there. if you look at hazen, they had the best line in the state with a veteran qb and amazing rb and good receiving core but came up a little short. I think the top picks right now gotta be minot ryan and hazen.

Its going to be Trinity and Watford again. They may lose alot, but their kids have that "attitude" that teams need to make it to the next level. I dont' see either Ryan or Hazen with that attitude at this point. Way back I said in another post that the thing that would keep Hazen out of the championship was their attitude and mental preparation. That is exactly what happened. If they can't get over that hump, it may be an early exit once again. Minot Ryan will be good, however, their attitude will again be the deciding factor. Trinity just has it. Whatever "it" is, they seem to find a way to make it happen. They play the game it was meant to be played. I give them tons of credit. And Watford proved this year how far hard work and dedication will take a team. That may be the ultimate downfall for teams like Hazen and Ryan.
ndfbfan

Postby boysbballfan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:24 pm

I think that the coach's have a big part of it to both Gordon and Fridley have been to the state championship many times so they know how to get there kids prepared which makes a big difference.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:30 pm

trinity is a school that seems to always be good. but they are like most year going to have a lot of kids that havent played much before. only saying that because usually they have so many good kids that not all that many underclassmen get to play young.  watford seemed to have pretty good kids that you didnt hear all that much about throughout the season becuz of their good older kids. ryan is retunring tons of kids who have been starting 2 and 3 years already they have been young for a while and now they are old they will be an interesting team. hazen just returning sorenson in himself is a big statement. i would say take your pick
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:54 am

Hopefully Valley City will do well this upcoming year. If we can get some leadership from next years seniors we'll be OK if not its gonna be another tough year for the boys. Sounds like there will be a new coach,and hopefully he will have a little more ambition and drive to excel....????
Last edited by ndfootballwrestling on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndfootballwrestling

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:34 pm

ndfootballwrestling wrote:   Hopefully Valley City will do well this upcoming year. If we can get some leadership from next years seniors we'll be OK if not its gonna be another tough year for the boys. Sounds like there will be a new coach,and hopefully he will have a little more ambition and drive to excel....????

Valley City has a long way to go to overcome the horrible coaching and culture of losing that has infected that community.

I expect Devils Lake to make a big splash in AA you wait, they will have more numbers out now than ever, so they can enjoy pounding sand up the rear of the Central Cass's of AA football. 

I feel Dropping DL and Moving up TM was a bad move and will hurt football in both classes.  
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:30 pm

how is DL dropping down a bad move for AA football. its adds another competitive team, and will make games more watchable knowing it will be a good game. i see this as a good thing. you can never have to many good teams.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:34 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
ndsubisonfan wrote:both lose lots.. but its the kids that will be able to step up and play. they both experienced being at the state ship and know what it takes to get there. sometimes its more than just athleticism that will get you there. if you look at hazen, they had the best line in the state with a veteran qb and amazing rb and good receiving core but came up a little short. I think the top picks right now gotta be minot ryan and hazen.

Its going to be Trinity and Watford again. They may lose alot, but their kids have that "attitude" that teams need to make it to the next level. I dont' see either Ryan or Hazen with that attitude at this point. Way back I said in another post that the thing that would keep Hazen out of the championship was their attitude and mental preparation. That is exactly what happened. If they can't get over that hump, it may be an early exit once again. Minot Ryan will be good, however, their attitude will again be the deciding factor. Trinity just has it. Whatever "it" is, they seem to find a way to make it happen. They play the game it was meant to be played. I give them tons of credit. And Watford proved this year how far hard work and dedication will take a team. That may be the ultimate downfall for teams like Hazen and Ryan.
I think that is a stupid statement, heck just a few years ago, watford was terrible and ryan was the cream, so it mostly depends on the athletes , unless one coach is terrible, with that said Trinity and Watford have very good coaches, and also i dont think that Ryan is much better than the other teams if at all, so its not like they will be heavy favoites, they lack a line, but have a lot of athleticism. So if they make it , it will be because of good athletes and some luck, and it they dont it will be because the other team was better or had more luck, with injuries and other things that happen in football.
magic715

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:35 am

DeuceTrey wrote:how is DL dropping down a bad move for AA football. its adds another competitive team, and will make games more watchable knowing it will be a good game. i see this as a good thing. you can never have to many good teams.

Devils Lake dropping down is good for !!!! YOU !!!!, but bad for Football, AA football is the weakest division in North Dakota, 16 teams half of which make the playoffs, Moving Belcourt up means they will forefit their season and now the AAA teams in the east have to find another game. 

I am sure Devils lake is thrilled about playing Casselton, Bottineau, Rugby,  and Lisbon, but as a fan of North Dakota highschool football I think it not cool.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby T-Bone » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:50 am

AA football is the weakest division in North Dakota. How can you even say that? Below AA football is still class A and 9-man. I'm pretty sure most AA teams would be able to handle the class A teams so AA can't be the weakest division in ND.
T-Bone

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:49 am

T-Bone wrote:AA football is the weakest division in North Dakota. How can you even say that? Below AA football is still class A and 9-man. I'm pretty sure most AA teams would be able to handle the class A teams so AA can't be the weakest division in ND.

I did not say weakest teams, I said weakest division, There are 4 really good teams in AA but 12 mediocre to really bad teams in AA. So that means 4 of the playoff teams don't have a snowball's chance in you know where to win a playoff game. Which is quite weak and quite boring. When half the teams in a division make the playoffs it is a weak division.

I do believe in the 4 class system however, and AA football has 2-4 great teams each year, and the AA class is a necessary evil. Which makes the four class system work.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:00 pm

Its no different in triple "A".  There are always five or six pretty good teams and the rest usually are nothing special.  Right now the four class system is by far the best option we have in the state.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:46 pm

scruffy wrote:Its no different in triple "A".  There are always five or six pretty good teams and the rest usually are nothing special.  Right now the four class system is by far the best option we have in the state.

good, good point...i mean really, really good
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby yaya » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:05 am

In the east, I think Rugby will be a force to be reckoned with, along with Oak Grove who always puts together a good team.  In the west, it seems as if every team is losing a lot of good atheletes, the exception being Minot Ryan.  On the contrary, though all three teams are losing a considerable amount of starters, Hazen, Watford City, and Dickinson Trinity will continue to be the top dogs in AA football.
yaya
NDPreps Rookie

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:58 pm

I expect Minot Ryan and Watford City to be the two top teams in AA next year.  Minot Ryan has alot of kids back that have a couple years under their belt now and that should help them but I think Watford's kids are better athletes and if anybody watched the state title game that Fixen kid looked like a pretty good running back and they get that Shipman back who was the QB but will now unlikely play that posistion but is another great athlete to add to the table.  You cannot count out Hazen either with Sorenson in the backfield and Rudby will run away with the east and then lose to the west in the playoffs...
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball06 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:05 am

rugby will not run away with the east
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:51 am

Rugby loses 15 seniors, but returns 16 Juniors. That is an impressive program up in Rugby they are well coached and seem to be competitive year in and year out.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:41 pm

Devils Lake is returning a lot of starters next year. they should have a pretty good defense as they return 8 players. they also return 8 players to an offense that stuggled a bit last year, but started to come together at the end of the season. they have a lot of youth that got some good playing experience last year in AAA, and should be very competitive.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:14 pm

Devils Lake Will Just Be the next Valley City of AA football they don't have the coaching that the west powers have!!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:32 pm

did you seriously just compare DL to VC? come on now. DL actually has some pretty decent coaches, who helped mold a young, inexperience defense into a pretty good looking defense if you ask me. they did a great job last year considering the number of people they had, amount of skill they had, and the type of competition they played. im not saying they are the best coaching staff in ND, but they arent the worst.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to AA