All-State 2012

The teams in Class AA.

All-State 2012

Postby gosioux12 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:21 pm

What are some names that you guys would throw out there for all state selections? Also player of the year from the west? East? The 2013 class seems to be down talent wise compared to the last couple of years so who do you think stood out the best this year?
gosioux12
NDPreps Rookie

Re: All-State 2012

Postby nodak football » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:45 pm

gosioux12 wrote:What are some names that you guys would throw out there for all state selections? Also player of the year from the west? East? The 2013 class seems to be down talent wise compared to the last couple of years so who do you think stood out the best this year?

I disagree with talent being down. There are quite a few good senior football players I'd expect to be all staters. Chase fugere sp? RB bishop Ryan, Cordell shroader sp? Ol dl carrington, buelah has a bunch of talented seniors. Zacher QB Nelson WR, qubic sp??? Ol dl Trinity, berg ol dl Shanley, Arnold TE Shanley, grafton has a few talented players.. Not sure on names, someone could help me with that.. I forgot to mention buelahs running back.. But that's just seniors... There are talented juniors and underclass men too. Bachmeir QB kindred, I realize he was hurt this year for most of the year but IMO he is the best player in AA , montplasier sp? Shanley, Bosch WR ryan, eggl QB Ryan, aide QB, WR bottineau.. I'm not sure why he isn't on the all region team? And there are other underclassmen.
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby High School Fan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Many good names mentioned. However, several will have no chance of making the all-state team because they were left off the all-region teams. Example: Chase Fugere--Bishop Ryan---tore up teams in each that he played and still got stiffed by west region coaches. He tallied 154 yards in the 2nd half against Beulah(did not play first half) and yet still got no consideration from west region coaches. Situations like this are too sad---that coaches would treat young athletes like this. There are other examples as well but this one really sticks out.
High School Fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby dyhardballa09 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 pm

High School Fan wrote:Many good names mentioned. However, several will have no chance of making the all-state team because they were left off the all-region teams. Example: Chase Fugere--Bishop Ryan---tore up teams in each that he played and still got stiffed by west region coaches. He tallied 154 yards in the 2nd half against Beulah(did not play first half) and yet still got no consideration from west region coaches. Situations like this are too sad---that coaches would treat young athletes like this. There are other examples as well but this one really sticks out.

It isn't that he got stiffed by all the west region coaches. He got stiffed by one. His own coach. Each coach picks their own all-region and HM picks. Each coach gets a set number, which is determined by their finish in the region. So, Fugere wasn't All region because his own coach didn't think he was an all-region performer. So, don't say that this is sad and that the other coaches are stuck up. His coach just did not think for one reason or another did not give him all-region.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby In_the_Know » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:45 pm

High School Fan wrote:Many good names mentioned. However, several will have no chance of making the all-state team because they were left off the all-region teams. Example: Chase Fugere--Bishop Ryan---tore up teams in each that he played and still got stiffed by west region coaches. He tallied 154 yards in the 2nd half against Beulah(did not play first half) and yet still got no consideration from west region coaches. Situations like this are too sad---that coaches would treat young athletes like this. There are other examples as well but this one really sticks out.

I don't know anything about the kid but sometimes coaches take the following into considerations:
1. Was he ever get hurt or miss a few games?
2. What were his stats? Where they down because he got hurt?
3. Did he miss any games for disciplinary reasons?
In_the_Know
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bull Herbie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Is that not the all west region team in Run's post?
Bull Herbie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Fugere was on the all-region team. You could say he got snubbed if you thought he was worthy of the senior athlete of the year award, which he could have been.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby dyhardballa09 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Indy5 wrote:Fugere was on the all-region team. You could say he got snubbed if you thought he was worthy of the senior athlete of the year award, which he could have been.

That makes more sense. But I think there is no shame in losing out to Zacher and Lovchik.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby In_the_Know » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Am I missing something? What do you mean Chase Fugere did not get all region? I read on a previous post that Chase did make All-Region. Indy also pointed that out in this thread as well. Did you mean senior athlete of the year?

All Region West:
Bishop Ryan - Mason Kramer, Austin Eggl, Bordy Bosch, Isaac Tafelmeyer, Nick Berentson, Chase Fugere, Tanner Sanders, Jake Magnusson
In_the_Know
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nodak football » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:47 am

He should have been the senior athlete of the year.
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby da dog house » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

nodak football wrote:He should have been the senior athlete of the year.

Agreed.
da dog house
NDPreps Reserve

Postby In_the_Know » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Where were Chase Fugere's stats? That could help us understand the argument for him as player of the year.
Last edited by In_the_Know on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In_the_Know
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:57 pm

A player can make all state without being all region. Granted its not likely, especially in AA with only two regions, but it is not a prerequisite. Does happen from time to time in other divisions. I'm not too familiar with AA.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby In_the_Know » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm

I checked some newspaper stats on AA football players.

Stats:
Chase Fugere 776 yards rushing through 9 games. 388 of those yards were against Dickinson Trinity and Turtle Mountain. I will give him credit though because he did have 150+ yards against Valley City in play offs.

Trevor Zacher (Beulah) 1,480 yards passing yards
Kyle Lovcik (Rugby) 961 yards rushing through 9 games
Karson Hintz (Beulah) 1,249 yards and 16 touchdowns in 9 games. (Don't know what grade he is in)
Christian Lunde (Grafton) had some where around 1600 yards rushing in 9 games. Also beat a good Valley City team twice.
Dan Arnold (Shanley) Can't forget him either. Had 1000+ receiving yards in the Eastern Conference. Shanley also competed against two 3A teams instead of playing A teams in their non-conference games. Shanley had so many threats on offense that his stats probably could have been higher.

I just don't see why their should be an argument for Chase Fugere for senior player of the year.
In_the_Know
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 am

In_the_Know wrote:I checked some newspaper stats on AA football players.

Stats:
Chase Fugere 776 yards rushing through 9 games. 388 of those yards were against Dickinson Trinity and Turtle Mountain. I will give him credit though because he did have 150+ yards against Valley City in play offs.

Trevor Zacher (Beulah) 1,480 yards passing yards
Kyle Lovcik (Rugby) 961 yards rushing through 9 games
Karson Hintz (Beulah) 1,249 yards and 16 touchdowns in 9 games. (Don't know what grade he is in)
Christian Lunde (Grafton) had some where around 1600 yards rushing in 9 games. Also beat a good Valley City team twice.
Dan Arnold (Shanley) Can't forget him either. Had 1000+ receiving yards in the Eastern Conference. Shanley also competed against two 3A teams instead of playing A teams in their non-conference games. Shanley had so many threats on offense that his stats probably could have been higher.

I just don't see why their should be an argument for Chase Fugere for senior player of the year.

Think they meant in the west. I can't argue for him over Arnold or Lunde cause they put up huge numbers. Couple things though about your stats provided:

I Hintz is a senior

Fugere's stats were through 7 games because he was hurt for the last 2. Also one performance to keep in mind was against Beulah, he sat out the first half, but came in and went for over 100 in the 2nd half.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby dyhardballa09 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:51 am

Arnold- Also blocked for Shanley's awesome running game, and a great DB
Lunde- Did EVERYTHING for his offense.
Those two east players that Indy mentioned are above Fugere.

Zacher- Also key blocker for his team
Lovcik- Was also hurt most of the year, but still played. He was also their best defensive player.
The two West players were not only better players with better stats....but also meant more to their team.
I just don't think a player who averaged 78 yds/game rushing against Bott, Beulah, Rugby, Kindred, and Velva is "senior athlete" material.
He is a great player, but just not the best player. No shame in that. Also Arnold, Lunde, and Zacher won a playoff game. That certainly doesn't hurt their case.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby da dog house » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:27 pm

dyhardballa09 wrote:Arnold- Also blocked for Shanley's awesome running game, and a great DB
Lunde- Did EVERYTHING for his offense.
Those two east players that Indy mentioned are above Fugere.

Zacher- Also key blocker for his team
Lovcik- Was also hurt most of the year, but still played. He was also their best defensive player.
The two West players were not only better players with better stats....but also meant more to their team.
I just don't think a player who averaged 78 yds/game rushing against Bott, Beulah, Rugby, Kindred, and Velva is "senior athlete" material.
He is a great player, but just not the best player. No shame in that. Also Arnold, Lunde, and Zacher won a playoff game. That certainly doesn't hurt their case.

i agree that the players in the east (lunde and arnold) were the best players i saw in AA football but in the west.. i take fugere over lovcik.. i think lovcik was the third best back in the west behind fugere and hintz but keep in mind ryan pumped rugby and fugere went for 120+ in one half on buelah who ryan also beat when they were ranked 1 in the state.. zacher had a heck of a season playing quarterback but if your going to throw another guy in for senior athlete of the year lovcik was a bad choice in my mind.. obviously you aren't going to take zacher and hintz because they are from the same team but fugere tore it up against those teams... you also have to remember that eggl (ryans qb) threw the ball more this year and also had a really good season and they spread the ball around. I'd bet hintz had quite a few more carries than fugere did this year. fugere was deserving but the kids that are deserving dont always get the awards in high school football
da dog house
NDPreps Reserve

Postby FB fan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 am

I disagree that Fugure and Hintz were the two best running backs in the West. I believe Trevor Wettlaufer from Bottineau was the best back. I realize he wasnt in the discussion but I thought I'd add my input. He had 1740 yards and put up 266 against Beulah on their homecoming
FB fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bison football73 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 pm

FB fan wrote:I disagree that Fugure and Hintz were the two best running backs in the West. I believe Trevor Wettlaufer from Bottineau was the best back. I realize he wasnt in the discussion but I thought I'd add my input. He had 1740 yards and put up 266 against Beulah on their homecoming

I think with the work load Hintz had this year, he can be in the running. Kid had 20+ carries a game.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 pm

FB fan wrote:I disagree that Fugure and Hintz were the two best running backs in the West. I believe Trevor Wettlaufer from Bottineau was the best back. I realize he wasnt in the discussion but I thought I'd add my input. He had 1740 yards and put up 266 against Beulah on their homecoming

Where did you get 1700 yards from? I have a hard time believing he ran for that many. He was a good back but those are ridiculous.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Return to AA