Beulah @ Grafton

The teams in Class AA.

Beulah @ Grafton

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 am

Thoughts on this weekend's playoff matchup
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10180
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:34 am

Look out for the Spoilers.....they've been Spoiling Hope!!!
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Grafton - 42
Beaulah - 6
User avatar
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Some Place In Region 4

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby MNTwinsFan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Grafton 40
Beulah 12
MNTwinsFan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby prepfan14 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:00 pm

my upset pick standing by it you watch 21-22 Beulah :)
prepfan14
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: West

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:00 pm

prepfan14 wrote:my upset pick standing by it you watch 21-22 Beulah :)


Your a complete idiot! Literally!
User avatar
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Some Place In Region 4

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby mags » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:22 pm

I just dont see beulah covering jiskra (spell)

grafton 36
beulah 12
mags
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:27 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby thefreebird4 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:55 pm

grafton 42
beulah 8
thefreebird4
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby Bud225 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:28 am

I think Beulah will surprise people,they are one of the most improved teams in the state but that being said they won't have the talent to beat Grafton just keep it closer than expected

Grafton 24
Beulah 12
Bud225
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby old#63 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:15 am

Anybody from Buelah area want to give a rundown of the team? Are they run or pass oriented? Who are the most talented players and why? I'd like to have some background on the team if anyone has any insight.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby Indy5 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:22 pm

old#63 wrote:Anybody from Buelah area want to give a rundown of the team? Are they run or pass oriented? Who are the most talented players and why? I'd like to have some background on the team if anyone has any insight.

From what I've seen, they are more of a passing team than running team. Their defensive front was pretty decent.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby thewanderer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Buelah is 4th in the west. I dont think they are any better than the 2nd, 3rd or 4th team in the east. Grafton beat these 3 teams by an average of 34 pts per game. The word is that buelah likes to pass. Grafton has the best secondary in the state but the competition they have faced this year have all been running teams so they might be a little rusty? That, along with the playoff otmosphere might make it a little closer. i will say Grafton by 30. JMHO
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:32 pm

My Prediction
Grafton 48
Beulah 20
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10180
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby old#63 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Indy5 wrote:
old#63 wrote:Anybody from Buelah area want to give a rundown of the team? Are they run or pass oriented? Who are the most talented players and why? I'd like to have some background on the team if anyone has any insight.

From what I've seen, they are more of a passing team than running team. Their defensive front was pretty decent.

It will be interesting to see if they can pass against Grafton. Grafton has an awfully stingy secondary. Haven't really seen anybody pass effectively against them all year. The teams that have had some success against Grafton's defense have been mostly run oriented. If Beulah's defensive front can put some pressure on Grafton's QB in passing situations, Beulah might have some success. Grafton has some pass plays that take a while to develop.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby thewanderer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

If buelah does do a lot of passing this game could be over quick. Assuming graftons pass defense will hold up. Grafton's offense has bad limited possessions because they have played mostly running teams. if the pass D holds up, graftons quick strike offense might get a chance to spread its wings. Any thing can happen in the phayoffs tho. JMHO

go spoilers
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby old#63 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Shanley is the only team all year to score more than 1 touchdown on Grafton's starting defense. Beulah won't be the second.

Spoilers 34
Beulah 6
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby thewanderer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:51 pm

old#63 wrote:Shanley is the only team all year to score more than 1 touchdown on Grafton's starting defense. Beulah won't be the second.

Spoilers 34
Beulah 6

i think you will be right
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby Bud225 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:05 pm

:?:
thewanderer wrote:Buelah is 4th in the west. I dont think they are any better than the 2nd, 3rd or 4th team in the east. Grafton beat these 3 teams by an average of 34 pts per game. The word is that buelah likes to pass. Grafton has the best secondary in the state but the competition they have faced this year have all been running teams so they might be a little rusty? That, along with the playoff otmosphere might make it a little closer. i will say Grafton by 30. JMHO


Beulah easily could have ended the number one team in the west. They would have beat rugby in the last minute if not for a holding call and they would have beat Bott if not for dropped pass in the endzone with 30 seconds left. With those two plays they could have ended 6-1 in the west taking the number one spot. But it can't be helped that they didn't it's what makes the game so intresting.
Bud225
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby thewanderer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Bud225 wrote::?:
thewanderer wrote:Buelah is 4th in the west. I dont think they are any better than the 2nd, 3rd or 4th team in the east. Grafton beat these 3 teams by an average of 34 pts per game. The word is that buelah likes to pass. Grafton has the best secondary in the state but the competition they have faced this year have all been running teams so they might be a little rusty? That, along with the playoff otmosphere might make it a little closer. i will say Grafton by 30. JMHO


Beulah easily could have ended the number one team in the west. They would have beat rugby in the last minute if not for a holding call and they would have beat Bott if not for dropped pass in the endzone with 30 seconds left. With those two plays they could have ended 6-1 in the west taking the number one spot. But it can't be helped that they didn't it's what makes the game so intresting.


Wudda cudda shudda. I wasn't aware they lost to rugby. Grafton throttled rugby by 30. Starters didn't play the second half
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:24 pm

thewanderer wrote:
Bud225 wrote::?:
thewanderer wrote:Buelah is 4th in the west. I dont think they are any better than the 2nd, 3rd or 4th team in the east. Grafton beat these 3 teams by an average of 34 pts per game. The word is that buelah likes to pass. Grafton has the best secondary in the state but the competition they have faced this year have all been running teams so they might be a little rusty? That, along with the playoff otmosphere might make it a little closer. i will say Grafton by 30. JMHO


Beulah easily could have ended the number one team in the west. They would have beat rugby in the last minute if not for a holding call and they would have beat Bott if not for dropped pass in the endzone with 30 seconds left. With those two plays they could have ended 6-1 in the west taking the number one spot. But it can't be helped that they didn't it's what makes the game so intresting.


Wudda cudda shudda. I wasn't aware they lost to rugby. Grafton throttled rugby by 30. Starters didn't play the second half


Comparison of Common Opponents:
Rugby 31 Beulah 28
Central Cass 28 Beulah 12

Grafton 38 Rugby 7
Grafton 42 Central Cass 12
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10180
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby Bud225 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:22 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:
Bud225 wrote::?:
thewanderer wrote:Buelah is 4th in the west. I dont think they are any better than the 2nd, 3rd or 4th team in the east. Grafton beat these 3 teams by an average of 34 pts per game. The word is that buelah likes to pass. Grafton has the best secondary in the state but the competition they have faced this year have all been running teams so they might be a little rusty? That, along with the playoff otmosphere might make it a little closer. i will say Grafton by 30. JMHO


Beulah easily could have ended the number one team in the west. They would have beat rugby in the last minute if not for a holding call and they would have beat Bott if not for dropped pass in the endzone with 30 seconds left. With those two plays they could have ended 6-1 in the west taking the number one spot. But it can't be helped that they didn't it's what makes the game so intresting.


Wudda cudda shudda. I wasn't aware they lost to rugby. Grafton throttled rugby by 30. Starters didn't play the second half


Comparison of Common Opponents:
Rugby 31 Beulah 28
Central Cass 28 Beulah 12

Grafton 38 Rugby 7
Grafton 42 Central Cass 12


Kind of what I was saying befor it can't be helped thats how life goes. But Beulah has drastically improved their game over the course of the year. I have already shared my pick on this game even though Beulah has improved I dont believe they will win this game.
Bud225
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby old#63 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Bud225, you seem to know Beulah pretty well. What are their team strengths? Elaborate on how they have improved thoughout the year. I'm curious about how their style will match up to Grafton's.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby thewanderer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:
Bud225 wrote::?:
thewanderer wrote:Buelah is 4th in the west. I dont think they are any better than the 2nd, 3rd or 4th team in the east. Grafton beat these 3 teams by an average of 34 pts per game. The word is that buelah likes to pass. Grafton has the best secondary in the state but the competition they have faced this year have all been running teams so they might be a little rusty? That, along with the playoff otmosphere might make it a little closer. i will say Grafton by 30. JMHO


Beulah easily could have ended the number one team in the west. They would have beat rugby in the last minute if not for a holding call and they would have beat Bott if not for dropped pass in the endzone with 30 seconds left. With those two plays they could have ended 6-1 in the west taking the number one spot. But it can't be helped that they didn't it's what makes the game so intresting.


Wudda cudda shudda. I wasn't aware they lost to rugby. Grafton throttled rugby by 30. Starters didn't play the second half


Comparison of Common Opponents:
Rugby 31 Beulah 28
Central Cass 28 Beulah 12

Grafton 38 Rugby 7
Grafton 42 Central Cass 12

not trying to hype to much. dont want to jinx the spoilers. just stating facts. As in most of graftons games this season, all 19 of those points were scored against the 2nd team defense in the second half. 90% of the spoilers points scored were scored in the firrst half of these games as the starters sat a good part of the second half all year long. JMHO
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby old#63 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:38 pm

I agree, wanderer, Grafton has a very good offense that has a lot of weapons, but......The biggest reason Grafton is undeafeated is their defensive play througout the season. They have allowed only 7 points per game average. And if you figure only the part of the game when the starting defense was playing, I would say that average would be only about 3 points or so per game. If Grafton loses in the playoffs it will be a low scoring game. I don't think anybody is going to put up many points on the Spoilers.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Beulah @ Grafton

Postby PrepFBrules » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:53 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
prepfan14 wrote:my upset pick standing by it you watch 21-22 Beulah :)


Your a complete idiot! Literally!



You're a complete idiot...Grafton by 14
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:20 am

Next

Return to AA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest