AA Playoffs

The teams in Class AA.

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby objectsinmirror » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:13 pm

prepfan14 wrote:Lets see here if you can read my previous post it clearly does not say that Grafton will walk over Beulah sooo if you can re-word your last post that would be nice....But i am very curious have you been to a Beulah football game this year because there clearly been playing outstanding with there passing game the last few games. There HOTT!!!!


"Grafton will walk over Beulah..."


Your words, not mine. I hope they do try to pass all over the field on the Spoilers...pick 6's are awesome. And of course i haven't been to a Beulah football game this year, and I'm guessing you haven't been to a Grafton one either. I'm also going to assume (you know how that goes) that neither of us are going to be on the field on the 29th, so the boys will have to battle it out.
objectsinmirror
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby bison football73 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:32 pm

ok now guys we arent suppose to be smack talking on here. we are suppose to discuss teams not smack talk each other. his picks are his picks. he will know by next week how wrong his pick is but its still his pick.
bison football73
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:24 pm

Please get back ON topic...let everyone have their own predictions. No more smack-talking! Discuss!
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10720
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby wolves65 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Kindred can score quick but they also let people score quick. Don't know much about Carrington but this could be a good game if the pace of the game moves up and down the field. The big fullback for Kindred is good once he gets moving, if you get him at the line he doesn't do much. He is a locamotive, slow to start but hard to stop once they get going. With his size they should have put him on line along side Plankers and rammed it down the field. Straight ahead running they would have been unstoppable. Plankers is OK with straight on attack but he struggles if he has to go reach somebody. He will be better suited for guard in college.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby wildwest » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:21 pm

my predictions:
Grafton - big winner, just to much athletism, beulah has defended running teams better than passing teams
Botno - very old and experienced in key positions, advice for whapton - dont give up the hail mary to aid
Kindred - just not sold on carrington, to young at key positions
Minot Ryan - if they are sound in all aspects of game they can look real good
wildwest
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:16 am

My picks

W4 Beulah @ E1 Grafton
E3 Wahpeton @ W2 Bottineau

E4 Kindred @ W1 Carrington My upset pick
W3 Bishop Ryan @ E2 Fargo Shanley

For the Final Shanley vs Grafton, w/Grafton taking home the trophy
"Here I am to save the day!"
User avatar
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:56 am
Location: Minot

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby nick1016 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:38 am

W4 Beulah @ E1 Grafton
E3 Wahpeton @ W2 Bottineau

E4 Kindred @ W1 Carrington My upset pick
W3 Bishop Ryan @ E2 Fargo Shanley

My picks:

Grafton (Grafton has too much talent and that's a long road trip for Buelah to win on the road to beat a confident team)
Wahpeton (Wahpeton has a statement to make and they'll be coming ready to play. Bottinuea to could pull this one out too - they appear to have some talented players - This is a really close matchup to call)
Carrington - (As much as I like to see the Cindrella team keep going, I think their day may come to an end on against Carrington. Kindred needs to play 4 good qtrs of football to win in the playoffs. That reason, and the fact that they are on the road, might be too tall of an order for them)
Shanley (Shanley is at home and they are tough at home. But more importantly, they will be much healthier.)
nick1016
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby objectsinmirror » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:48 am

OK, back on topic with apologies:

I'll take:

Grafton - too much speed and athleticism for Beulah. The quick slant and vertical passing game has been difficult to defend for an entire game all year, and then when they have the D on their heels quick hit draws and reverses chew up chunks of yardage.

Wahpeton - Big powerful back with quick hitting speed and a good o-line.

Carrington - Dont know much about them but sounds like they have a solid team.

Ryan - Alma Mater and proudly wore that helmet many years ago, so more of a heart than head pick. Don't know alot about them anymore either. Common wisdom says to take Shanley...
objectsinmirror
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby yzgy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:22 pm

I must agree Wahpeton was the best against Grafton, controlling the clock, I believe 17 of the first 24 minutes they had possession. 12 of the first 14 plays were runs. Grafton's secondary is second to none, if they go to the air---I quote Darrell Royal / University of Texas "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad ." --it may not be favorable for Buelah.
yzgy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:08 am

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby yzgy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Grafton vs Shanley for the title. Grafton by 24
yzgy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:08 am

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby thewanderer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:39 pm

yzgy wrote:I must agree Wahpeton was the best against Grafton, controlling the clock, I believe 17 of the first 24 minutes they had possession. 12 of the first 14 plays were runs. Grafton's secondary is second to none, if they go to the air---I quote Darrell Royal / University of Texas "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad ." --it may not be favorable for Buelah.

You are right. i think wahp gave grafton the best game all year.(wind aided) I was hoping the standings would put them in a different bracket. At home on a sunny fall day, low wind, 50 degrees, i have grafton by 24. Cold and windy, it could be a close one. JMHO
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby PrepFBrules » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:57 pm

wolves65 wrote:Kindred can score quick but they also let people score quick. Don't know much about Carrington but this could be a good game if the pace of the game moves up and down the field. The big fullback for Kindred is good once he gets moving, if you get him at the line he doesn't do much. He is a locamotive, slow to start but hard to stop once they get going. With his size they should have put him on line along side Plankers and rammed it down the field. Straight ahead running they would have been unstoppable. Plankers is OK with straight on attack but he struggles if he has to go reach somebody. He will be better suited for guard in college.



Carrington is old school smash mouth football. You will not run on them and they will run on you. Their passing game is ok and their passing defense is questionable at times. They have a bunch of tough wrestling 'farm' kids, guaranteed some good hits in each game. Get your passing game on all cylinders and protect yr QB (they have a good pass rush) and you can beat em. Funny thing isthey might have the best chance of anybody to play with Grafton with the style matchups. On the other hand, Kindred or Shanley could end up passing for 300 yards and blow out Carrington.
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:20 am

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby thewanderer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:53 pm

PrepFBrules wrote:
wolves65 wrote:Kindred can score quick but they also let people score quick. Don't know much about Carrington but this could be a good game if the pace of the game moves up and down the field. The big fullback for Kindred is good once he gets moving, if you get him at the line he doesn't do much. He is a locamotive, slow to start but hard to stop once they get going. With his size they should have put him on line along side Plankers and rammed it down the field. Straight ahead running they would have been unstoppable. Plankers is OK with straight on attack but he struggles if he has to go reach somebody. He will be better suited for guard in college.



Carrington is old school smash mouth football. You will not run on them and they will run on you. Their passing game is ok and their passing defense is questionable at times. They have a bunch of tough wrestling 'farm' kids, guaranteed some good hits in each game. Get your passing game on all cylinders and protect yr QB (they have a good pass rush) and you can beat em. Funny thing isthey might have the best chance of anybody to play with Grafton with the style matchups. On the other hand, Kindred or Shanley could end up passing for 300 yards and blow out Carrington.

Carrington is old school smash mouth football. You will not run on them and they will run on you.
Thats what Wahp, Shanley, kindred and VC(east region playoff teams plus team that beat Carr.) thought would happen vs grafton. Vs these four teams Grafton 158 - VCKINWAHPFS 26, Grafton did run on them and did stop the run in these four games. Graftons run offense and run defense have been the two biggest suprises for grafton this year. i believe this is what has separated grafton from the pack. Maybe carrington has something none of these other teams have? to me it would be fitting to see them match up in the Championship. 1E vs 1W. Both teams need to take it game by game. anything cam happen in the playoffs. JMHO
Last edited by thewanderer on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby wolves65 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 pm

I don't see anyone beating Grafton. They are to strong at the line of scrimmage. The little fast guys get all the PR but it is the big guys that set Grafton apart from the rest of the AA teams.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby thewanderer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 pm

wolves65 wrote:I don't see anyone beating Grafton. They are to strong at the line of scrimmage. The little fast guys get all the PR but it is the big guys that set Grafton apart from the rest of the AA teams.

amen
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby nick1016 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:16 pm

I'd definately agree with that. I think if Grafton is going to stumble, it's going to because something went wrong for the big boys up front.
nick1016
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:30 am

Grafton vs Carrington in the dome, and ill take Carrington by 6.
User avatar
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Some Place In Region 4

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby nodak football » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:12 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:Grafton vs Carrington in the dome, and ill take Carrington by 6.


i dont see carrington making it to the state championship and if they did and had grafton, grafton would pass all over them i'd take Grafton by 3 scores in that one
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby yzgy » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:41 pm

I find myself quoting classic coaches, since they took all the good sayings. Shug Jordan / Auburn "Always remember .....Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David."

Anything can happen....
yzgy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:08 am

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby woodchuck10 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:46 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:October 29th

W4 Beulah @ E1 Grafton
E3 Wahpeton @ W2 Bottineau

E4 Kindred @ W1 Carrington
W3 Bishop Ryan @ E2 Fargo Shanley
User avatar
woodchuck10
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: St. John, North Dakota

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:48 am

If that other good RB from Carrington is healthy, I'll predict they make it to finals vs. Grafton, with Grafton winning 30-6.

I also predict Grafton smashes Beulah. Grafton may pull starters and score may appear closer at the end...but going into the 4th quarter I'll say Grafton will have a 3 score lead, and win by 2 or 4 scores.
5-time state chump
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:25 pm

5-time state chump wrote:If that other good RB from Carrington is healthy, I'll predict they make it to finals vs. Grafton, with Grafton winning 30-6.

I also predict Grafton smashes Beulah. Grafton may pull starters and score may appear closer at the end...but going into the 4th quarter I'll say Grafton will have a 3 score lead, and win by 2 or 4 scores.


Yes he is healthy now he sat out the last two games. Could've played last game, but there was no need.
Can't wait to watch him run over Jack Plankers! That is if Jack plays both ways I would assume he does. If not he is going to get pancaked all day. :D
User avatar
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Some Place In Region 4

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby prepfan14 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Jack Plankers will have a very tuff time handling Carrington's Defensive Line like Cordell Schroeder :lol: Will be funny to see Plankers on his Butt!!!!!! I say Carrington by 13
prepfan14
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: West

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby wolves65 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Prepfan14-You won't run over Jack, they may be able to run away from him but he is a big boy and right behind him is Dahlgren and you won't run over him either. they are weaker on the edges and in the secondary vs the pass. Best play is 3 receivers right and run the end on a skinny post. They never covered that against CCass all night.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: AA Playoffs

Postby The Spread O » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 pm

W4 Beulah @ E1 Grafton. My Upset Pick <--------Will happen. All I gotta say. . good luck with that Beulah.
The Spread O
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:08 pm

PreviousNext

Return to AA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest