All-Time Region Teams

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Re: All-Time Region Teams

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:25 am

lol wow
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
User avatar
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:26 pm

Re: All-Time Region Teams

Postby tommykramer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:28 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:OK North Border Eagles, here's a shot at Region 2 from someone who's been around since the Red River Valley was still under Lake Aggasiz. I'm limiting this to those who actually played in Region 2 as it shifted over the years.

First team:
G - John Rygg - Mayville-Portland
G - Craig Nelson - MPCG
C - Doug Hanson - Northwood
F - Chipper Hanson - Hillsboro
F - Travis Kraft - MPCG

Second team:
G - dude Lavin - Hatton
G - Kyle Morehart - Hillsboro
C - Kevin Burkhard - Lakota
F - Doug Waters - Hillsboro
F - Gus Kueber - Dakota Prairie



Something tells me you are a district three guy. Not ONE player from district four on the team. No Todd Olsen, Brady Trenbeath, or Scott Guldseth huh?

dude lavin? He was so good you can't remember his FIRST name? lol


I don't believe any of those guys played in region 2 when they were playing. It's kind of tough to name an all region two player with the kids from up north because they have only played in region two for a little while. On the other hand, May Port, Hillsboro, Central Valley, Hatton/Northwood, Larimore, Thompson, GCC etc.. have been in region 2 for ever. Don't get me wrong - those guys would definately be on it, but when they played they were not in region 2. Trenbeath maybe played in region 2, but the 2 other guys didn't.
User avatar
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:04 am

Re: All-Time Region Teams

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:15 am

Cavalier and Edinburg haven't always been in region 2? Guess I didn't know that. I don't know much about that era as it was well before my time. I assumed that Todd Olsen is a Region 2 guy since he played for Cavalier.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
User avatar
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:26 pm

Re: All-Time Region Teams

Postby tommykramer » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Cavalier and Edinburg haven't always been in region 2? Guess I didn't know that. I don't know much about that era as it was well before my time. I assumed that Todd Olsen is a Region 2 guy since he played for Cavalier.


Hillsboro and Edinburg played first round of state in 88.
User avatar
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:04 am

Re: All-Time Region Teams

Postby BB11 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:18 am

Cavalier, Edinburg, North Border, St.Thomas-Valley, Walhalla, Milton-Osnabrock, etc. all used to be in Region 3 with Rolla, Munich, Langdon, Rock Lake, Bisbee-Egeland, Starkweather, and some others. When Todd played and Guldseth played - they were still Region 3.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: All-Time Region Teams

Postby Hinsa » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:14 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:OK North Border Eagles, here's a shot at Region 2 from someone who's been around since the Red River Valley was still under Lake Aggasiz. I'm limiting this to those who actually played in Region 2 as it shifted over the years.

First team:
G - John Rygg - Mayville-Portland
G - Craig Nelson - MPCG
C - Doug Hanson - Northwood
F - Chipper Hanson - Hillsboro
F - Travis Kraft - MPCG

Second team:
G - dude Lavin - Hatton
G - Kyle Morehart - Hillsboro
C - Kevin Burkhard - Lakota
F - Doug Waters - Hillsboro
F - Gus Kueber - Dakota Prairie



Something tells me you are a district three guy. Not ONE player from district four on the team. No Todd Olsen, Brady Trenbeath, or Scott Guldseth huh?

dude lavin? He was so good you can't remember his FIRST name? lol


Re-read my post - I stated that I limited the choices to those that actually played in Region 2. The current District 4 did not play in Region 2 during the days of Olson and Guldseth. My apologies, but I can't remember when Trenbeath played.

That is why my list is weighted toward the current District 3 - it has played in Region 2 throughout the history of Region 2.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
User avatar
Hinsa
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:53 am
Location: THE Red River Valley Conference

Re: All-Time Region Teams

Postby homer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:06 am

Region 1
stowman,pfau-maple valley
workin boys.-kindred
larson-oakgrove
pyle,kraft-cassleton
erbes boys=richland
mauch-hank
stiles,gulbranson boys-fairmont
schutt,toyne-milnor
geleinske-wynd.
homer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:43 pm

Re: All-Time Region Teams

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:50 pm

homer wrote:Region 1
stowman,pfau-maple valley
workin boys.-kindred
larson-oakgrove
pyle,kraft-cassleton
erbes boys=richland
mauch-hank
stiles,gulbranson boys-fairmont
schutt,toyne-milnor
geleinske-wynd.

Anybody from Lisbon? I dont know if I would put Pfau on the list if you are gonna put him on their you gotta have Brandon Smith from CC.
Hail the Bison!
User avatar
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Cass County

Re: All-Time Region Teams

Postby homer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:43 pm

sorry my brain started hurting.....
but back in the day there was there was a differance in regions so i might have had a brain f##t and forgot to cross regions so i forgot some ..ok ..i quit....
sargent central=kretchman boys
page- buhr boys

ok ..now i quit
homer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:43 pm

Previous

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest