Best basketball families

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Re: Best basketball families

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:38 am

Haagensons, Jason was awesome and Reid was no slouch either.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
User avatar
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:32 am

Re: Best basketball families

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:14 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:Haagensons, Jason was awesome and Reid was no slouch either.

wonder what jason haagenson is doing today, or his brother?
ndbsktbllfan
 

Re: Best basketball families

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:56 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:Haagensons, Jason was awesome and Reid was no slouch either.


Eric and their sister Lori we pretty darn good, too.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3212
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Best basketball families

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:51 pm

wasnt it marty mcdonald who beat out jason for mr. basketball? I guess an argument can be made for the qvale family, or lindahl family.
ndbsktbllfan
 

Re: Best basketball families

Postby balla45 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:26 pm

Kielpinskis?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: Best basketball families

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:58 am

true that, a good arguement can be made there also.
ndbsktbllfan
 

Re: Best basketball families

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:50 pm

Jacobson family. No one has reached as high a level as they have.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:44 am

Re: Best basketball families

Postby 55BallFan55 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:39 pm

What about the Schmitz family? I think everyone has played college ball in that family and the oldest girl played professionally in Europe somewhere i think
55BallFan55
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: Best basketball families

Postby BB11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 pm

This might have already been mentioned and maybe a little of base of the topic. But what about the Jordan's coaching. I don't remember how many of them there are - but they were all highly successful coaches in ND and SD.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Best basketball families

Postby thebigshow » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:42 pm

The Knifes.. Shaunna- she was a stud. Shaun- He was pretty good.. playing right now for Turtle Mountain, not much but he is doing really well. And Jake- he is pretty decent.
Last edited by thebigshow on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebigshow
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Best basketball families

Postby classB4ever » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:53 pm

What about Haglers from Northstar? There were quite a few of them.
classB4ever
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: Best basketball families

Postby balla45 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Brent Qvale - 2009 Class A Senior Athlete Of The Year, 2nd in Mr. Basketball Voting. 4 trips to state.
Brian Qvale - 2007 Mr. Basketball. 4 trips to state. Playing D1 basketball.
Sanford Qvale - Holds rebounding record with 51 in one game.

Bryan Kielpinski - 2009 Class A State Tournament MVP & Champion (24-1) First Team All State, Led team to first title in almost 30 years.
Jessica Kielpinski - 5? State Titles, Over 1000 Points, Miss Basketball, Playing D1 basketball.
Rebecca Kielpinski - 3? State Titles, Over 1000 Points, Miss Basketball, Holds many Alaska-Anchorage records.

Sarah Feeney - 2009 Class A State Tournament MVP & Champion (20-5?) 2X First Team All State, Signed to play D1 Basketball
Alex Feeney - 2008 Class A & State Senior Athlete Of The Year, First Team All Stater, Plays at high D2 Augustana
Shelly Hughes - Don't know too much about her, but I heard she was a major star at Williston.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: Best basketball families

Postby deer_coon_hunter » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:05 pm

The
deer_coon_hunter
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: Best basketball families

Postby coachdagwood » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:40 am

The Jacobsons....

Doug's Kids:
Matt - I think Moorehead
Ben - UND- HC UNI
Tom - UND- Asst C UND
Beth - UMC - HC Fargo somewhere..?

Tim's Kids (Doug's Bro)
Adam - UNI-NDSU-UND...?
Nick - Utah
User avatar
coachdagwood
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Best basketball families

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:43 pm

The Krafts
Tim coached oldest son Travis in 1 of his 3 state tournaments for MPCG and other son Calvin in 1for Central Cass
Barb coaches daugher Taylor and they lead the Central Cass Squirrels to this weekend's state tournament.
Last edited by gobison#6 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hail the Bison!
User avatar
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Cass County

Re: Best basketball families

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:50 pm

gobison#6 wrote:The Krafts
Tim coached oldest son Travis in 3 state tournaments for MPCG and other son Calvin in 1for Central Cass
Barb coaches daugher Taylor and they lead the Central Cass Squirrels to this weekend's state tournament.


I'm pretty sure Tim was only the coach for the 1998 year, wasn't Del Kessler the coach for 96 and 97
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: Best basketball families

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:40 am

The Schwab wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:The Krafts
Tim coached oldest son Travis in 3 state tournaments for MPCG and other son Calvin in 1for Central Cass
Barb coaches daugher Taylor and they lead the Central Cass Squirrels to this weekend's state tournament.


I'm pretty sure Tim was only the coach for the 1998 year, wasn't Del Kessler the coach for 96 and 97


Pretty sure that is correct.

What do you know we finally agree on something. HAHA.... He was also the coach for their first state appearance with that group in 1995.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:44 am

Re: Best basketball families

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:43 am

InTheKnow wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:The Krafts
Tim coached oldest son Travis in 3 state tournaments for MPCG and other son Calvin in 1for Central Cass
Barb coaches daugher Taylor and they lead the Central Cass Squirrels to this weekend's state tournament.


I'm pretty sure Tim was only the coach for the 1998 year, wasn't Del Kessler the coach for 96 and 97


Pretty sure that is correct.

What do you know we finally agree on something. HAHA.... He was also the coach for their first state appearance with that group in 1995.


Well it took over 2000 combined posts haha, Yes he was the coach in 95 as well. I also believe they didn't get a sportsmanship banner one of the years because of his halftime conversation on TV for the whole state to hear haha. He wasn't happy with the reffing if I remember right.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: Best basketball families

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 am

Obviously the best basketball family is the Fraases John and Tom are unstoppable.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
User avatar
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota

Re: Best basketball families

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:51 am

Schmidty22 wrote:Obviously the best basketball family is the Fraases John and Tom are unstoppable.


I dont think anything is OBVIOUS in this topic.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: Best basketball families

Postby eastwood99 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:55 pm

HAHA :lol:
Frank Lucas
User avatar
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:51 am

Re: Best basketball families

Postby InsideMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:28 am

Quit reaching with the Fraases
InsideMan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:06 am

Re: Best basketball families

Postby SCC33 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Rebecca is now playing professional bball over in Denmark.


balla45 wrote:Brent Qvale - 2009 Class A Senior Athlete Of The Year, 2nd in Mr. Basketball Voting. 4 trips to state.
Brian Qvale - 2007 Mr. Basketball. 4 trips to state. Playing D1 basketball.
Sanford Qvale - Holds rebounding record with 51 in one game.

Bryan Kielpinski - 2009 Class A State Tournament MVP & Champion (24-1) First Team All State, Led team to first title in almost 30 years.
Jessica Kielpinski - 5? State Titles, Over 1000 Points, Miss Basketball, Playing D1 basketball.
Rebecca Kielpinski - 3? State Titles, Over 1000 Points, Miss Basketball, Holds many Alaska-Anchorage records.

Sarah Feeney - 2009 Class A State Tournament MVP & Champion (20-5?) 2X First Team All State, Signed to play D1 Basketball
Alex Feeney - 2008 Class A & State Senior Athlete Of The Year, First Team All Stater, Plays at high D2 Augustana
Shelly Hughes - Don't know too much about her, but I heard she was a major star at Williston.
It is better to deserve honors and not have them, then to have them and not deserve them
SCC33
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Best basketball families

Postby gomagi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:22 pm

It definetely has to be Ross and Bart Manson from Minot High in the 90's. Both of them were on the same team and BOTH of them won MR. Basketball awards(in different years ofcourse). Their dad (Gene Manson), was one of the greatest coaches in ND history. He won about 4 State class A Championships in the 80's, 90's, and early to mid 2000's.
gomagi
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Best basketball families

Postby justplayalready » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:41 am

classB4ever wrote:What about Haglers from Northstar? There were quite a few of them.


Agree on the Hagler "tree"...
This signature has been removed as dithyramb to winner-within
User avatar
justplayalready
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 am

PreviousNext

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests