Former Coaches

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Former Coaches

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Why don't High Schools put thier former coaches and records on thier athltic pages the way colleges do?

It was be a great way to track coaching careers as well as tradition in schools vs. just having a great coach. Some places would be tough to determine since they have only had one coach in the last 30 years.
Minot High BB
Linton FB
inset living legend here.

Also it would be great to find out what has happened to these guys/gals.

What ever happened to the Napolean coach from the BB team that went to state.

I was in Fargo area during the flood Hillsboro had very good girls programs, who was the track coach, VB coach and BB coach during those years or was it just a good group of girls?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:23 am

Re: Former Coaches

Postby point/center » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:16 pm

that's a great post W2. I think about that with tracking some of the players to. Like whatever happned to Ruthie Dockter?

Berton Bates was in Napoleon if that's who you are thinking of. He's been an assistant in Watford City for a few years now.

Wasnt Chris Eckert a coach in Hillsboro around that time? Elliot Rotvold? Is he still coaching?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:26 am
Location: Cleveland (North Dakota)

Re: Former Coaches

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Berton Bates

Brian Hoff and the Impropable Imperials.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:23 am

Re: Former Coaches

Postby baseball18 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:37 pm

gerald vetter knew his stuff, it's too bad he quit for St. Mary's. Program has gone down the drain... There's a possibility he could coach again because he's only in his mid 30's
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: Former Coaches

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:25 pm

baseball18 wrote:gerald vetter knew his stuff, it's too bad he quit for St. Mary's. Program has gone down the drain... There's a possibility he could coach again because he's only in his mid 30's


Try mid 40's...
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: Former Coaches

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Baller wrote:
baseball18 wrote:gerald vetter knew his stuff, it's too bad he quit for St. Mary's. Program has gone down the drain... There's a possibility he could coach again because he's only in his mid 30's


Try mid 40's...


I am pretty sure he is in his late 30's
Ming01
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: Former Coaches

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Ming01 wrote:
Baller wrote:
baseball18 wrote:gerald vetter knew his stuff, it's too bad he quit for St. Mary's. Program has gone down the drain... There's a possibility he could coach again because he's only in his mid 30's


Try mid 40's...


I am pretty sure he is in his late 30's


Split the difference. He's a 1985 graduate of Emmons Central so that would make him about 41.
http://activities.educ8.org/archived/ba ... ateabb.pdf
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:14 am

Re: Former Coaches

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:40 pm

I am past my mid 30's and he coached in NE St. Mary's while I was in HS. Great guy! Not just a very good coach. Could have been great, but time would be required.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:23 am

Re: Former Coaches

Postby triplebbb » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:17 pm

Berton Bates went from Napoleon to St.Mary's for 4 years...3 as head boys. Been an asst at Watford City for the past 11 yrs. Quite the team at Napoleon in 92..Hoff stole the state in terms of pr.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: Former Coaches

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:23 pm

triplebbb wrote:Berton Bates went from Napoleon to St.Mary's for 4 years...3 as head boys. Been an asst at Watford City for the past 11 yrs. Quite the team at Napoleon in 92..Hoff stole the state in terms of pr.


Too bad Berton didnt bring that magic with to St. Mary's
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: Former Coaches

Postby baseball18 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:44 pm

Baller wrote:
triplebbb wrote:Berton Bates went from Napoleon to St.Mary's for 4 years...3 as head boys. Been an asst at Watford City for the past 11 yrs. Quite the team at Napoleon in 92..Hoff stole the state in terms of pr.


Too bad Berton didnt bring that magic with to St. Mary's


was he the coach before Vetter?
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: Former Coaches

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:56 am

baseball18 wrote:
Baller wrote:
triplebbb wrote:Berton Bates went from Napoleon to St.Mary's for 4 years...3 as head boys. Been an asst at Watford City for the past 11 yrs. Quite the team at Napoleon in 92..Hoff stole the state in terms of pr.


Too bad Berton didnt bring that magic with to St. Mary's


was he the coach before Vetter?


Yes. He coached for 3 seasons I think before vetter took over.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: Former Coaches

Postby fusion » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Girls coach in Hillsboro during the flood years was Dave Schill
fusion
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:57 am


Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron