All-Decade Team of the 00's

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:34 am

I figured we branch off on a different area. My all-decade team of this decade would be as follows.
1-spot - Craig Nelson - MPCG
2 spot - Jordan Cooper - Westhope-Newburg
3-spot - Evan Lindahl - Cando - didn't really have a set position - so I'll put him here.
4-spot - Adam Grant - Berthold
5-spot - Kyle Iverson - Elgin- New Leipzig

I know there can be big time debate with my picks - which is fine. Pick your spots.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby region1 football » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:37 am

I'd add jake holen of lamoure and the wolf boys from wtpr to that list.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:38 am

BB11 wrote:I figured we branch off on a different area. My all-decade team of this decade would be as follows.
3-spot - Evan Lindahl - Cando - didn't really have a set position - so I'll put him here.

I know there can be big time debate with my picks - which is fine. Pick your spots.

Jake Holen?
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:38 am

region1 football wrote:I'd add jake holen of lamoure and the wolf boys from wtpr to that list.
haha crap u beat me to it

bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby WildWarrior » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:40 am

BB11 wrote:I figured we branch off on a different area. My all-decade team of this decade would be as follows.

I will take Robert Lawrence in the 3-spot
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:40 am

What year did Wylee Bearstail graduate? I would also probably change Cooper to Carr.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:42 am

[user=1515]baller01[/user] wrote:
What year did Wylee Bearstail graduate? I would also probably change Cooper to Carr.

I believe Bearstail graduated in 99 or 00 but I could be wrong.
I thought about Kyle Carr as well - but I figured him to be more of a pt. guard - and Jordan was a much better shooter.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:47 am

BB11 wrote:[user=1515]baller01[/user] wrote:

I believe Bearstail graduated in 99 or 00 but I could be wrong.
I thought about Kyle Carr as well - but I figured him to be more of a pt. guard - and Jordan was a much better shooter.

Actually, he played the #2 spot. He was just that versatile and could handle the ball so well that at times he played the #1 spot.

Are you sure about that??? A MUCH better shooter?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby meadowlark lemon » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:36 pm

I never did watch Jordan shoot or play for that matter but I'd take Carr 9 times out of 10 in a 3-point contest. For Carr flat out saying that basketball wasn't his number one sport, you should of heard of what his off-season daily workout was. Incredible. The guy was a joy to watch and play against. He shot 1000 free throws, 1000 3's, and 1000 different shots a day. Smoothest southpaw I've ever seen.
meadowlark lemon
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:40 pm

meadowlark lemon wrote:I never did watch Jordan shoot or play for that matter but I'd take Carr 9 times out of 10 in a 3-point contest. For Carr flat out saying that basketball wasn't his number one sport, you should of heard of what his off-season daily workout was. Incredible. The guy was a joy to watch and play against. He shot 1000 free throws, 1000 3's, and 1000 different shots a day. Smoothest southpaw I've ever seen.

if ur gonna say that u obviously havent seen jordan cooper shoot.  he is one of the best shots that has ever come out of the state.  carr was a good shot but cooper would beat him in a 3 point contest almost everytime.  he is simply amazing.  u shouldve went to a minot state game when he got hot.  the shots he makes are so unorthodox its nuts.  i cant imagine how good he wouldve been if he ever got open shots.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby meadowlark lemon » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:43 pm

meadowlark lemon wrote:I never did watch Jordan shoot or play for that matter but I'd take Carr 9 times out of 10 in a 3-point contest. For Carr flat out saying that basketball wasn't his number one sport, you should of heard of what his off-season daily workout was. Incredible. The guy was a joy to watch and play against. He shot 1000 free throws, 1000 3's, and 1000 different shots a day. Smoothest southpaw I've ever seen.
meadowlark lemon
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:45 pm

i understood what u said but it is very true that u havent seen him cuz if u see him u wouldnt give carr the advantage
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 pm

sodadrinker wrote:i understood what u said but it is very true that u havent seen him cuz if u see him u wouldnt give carr the advantage

Ok, advantage shooting, sure, we can make it go to Cooper. But definately the better player was Carr.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:51 pm

baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:i understood what u said but it is very true that u havent seen him cuz if u see him u wouldnt give carr the advantage

Ok, advantage shooting, sure, we can make it go to Cooper. But definately the better player was Carr.

i can agree with that. 
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:52 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:

i can agree with that. 

Ok, so then why wouldn't you want Carr at the #2 spot if he is the beter player?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby meadowlark lemon » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:53 pm

True because once you get to the level that these players are at, if you give them an open shot, it's in. Yea I agree with you there, I was just complimenting Carr on his work ethic. The top five would be tough to pick.

Oh by the way bballfan_05 Jake Holen played for lamoure a couple years back and is currently starting for Jamestown College. Carr and Jake played eachother in the regional championship i believe, or it could of been the semis, with Linton coming out on top. Awesome game.
meadowlark lemon
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:57 pm

i never got to see mike stowman in high school but from what ive heard about him at valley city he is a pretty amazing shot.  if i remember right he averaged something like 26 or 27 a game in either his senior or junior year.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:58 pm

meadowlark lemon wrote:True because once you get to the level that these players are at, if you give them an open shot, it's in. Yea I agree with you there, I was just complimenting Carr on his work ethic. The top five would be tough to pick.

Oh by the way bballfan_05 Jake Holen played for lamoure a couple years back and is currently starting for Jamestown College. Carr and Jake played eachother in the regional championship i believe, or it could of been the semis, with Linton coming out on top. Awesome game.

Thee best game I've ever seen with my two eyes.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:01 pm

sodadrinker wrote:i never got to see mike stowman in high school but from what ive heard about him at valley city he is a pretty amazing shot.  if i remember right he averaged something like 26 or 27 a game in either his senior or junior year.

i saw him play at the barnes county tournament his senior year when he broke the tournament's scoring record. deadly mid-range jumper.
rep

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:01 pm

meadowlark lemon wrote:True because once you get to the level that these players are at, if you give them an open shot, it's in. Yea I agree with you there, I was just complimenting Carr on his work ethic. The top five would be tough to pick.

I know, I was refering to He could probably be on that list too.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:16 pm

region1 football wrote:I'd add jake holen of lamoure and the wolf boys from wtpr to that list.

Tanner wasnt nearly as good as Scott, Scott was amazing
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:24 pm

If I'm taking 5 guys this is who come to my mind

1. Craig Nelson
2. Chad Glasser
3. Brady Trenbeath
4. Kyle Carr
5. Evan Lindahl

Thats in no particular order that would be my starting 5 against any others team.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:34 pm

David Erbes
Greg Batke
Travis Kraft
Payton Tivus
Chase Schutt
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:36 pm

[user=26]point/center[/user] wrote:
David Erbes
Greg Batke
Travis Kraft
Payton Tivus
Chase Schutt

Didn't Kraft graduate in 98' or 99'??
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:39 pm

ndfan wrote:[user=26]point/center[/user] wrote:
David Erbes
Greg Batke
Travis Kraft
Payton Tivus
Chase Schutt

Didn't Kraft graduate in 98' or 99'??

it was daylights savings time and i turned the clock ahead a couple years...okay...i'll take Evan Bennefeld
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics