All-Decade Team of the 00's

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby PA42 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:22 am

it seemed like kyle iverson developed in college. don't get me wrong he was an excellent high school player but really put it all together in college. Honestly looking through these there were some excellent players. I would not put bennefield, tivis, or reinhart on the list. I thought bennefield was good just did not have the defense and agressiveness he neede. I never saw tivis play. I don't think chris reinhart is one of the top five player in the decade. DOn't get me wrong i think he had an excellent career. I just think if you stack him up with the best players he just did not have the athletic ability of the others. But a great player. He would be in my top twenty or maybe my top ten but not my starting five.
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:05 am

horne98 wrote:it seemed like kyle iverson developed in college. don't get me wrong he was an excellent high school player but really put it all together in college. Honestly looking through these there were some excellent players. I would not put bennefield, tivis, or reinhart on the list. I thought bennefield was good just did not have the defense and agressiveness he neede. I never saw tivis play. I don't think chris reinhart is one of the top five player in the decade. DOn't get me wrong i think he had an excellent career. I just think if you stack him up with the best players he just did not have the athletic ability of the others. But a great player. He would be in my top twenty or maybe my top ten but not my starting five.
I dont know about that.......you have to remember that since he came to college he has had so many injuries and lost a step or two......he put up 20pts and 10 boards a game as a senior being double and triple teamed........on here he's not going to get alot of credit because not alot of people saw him play
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby timeouttime » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:28 pm

1-spot - Craig Nelson - MPCG
2 spot - Jordan Cooper - Westhope-Newburg
3-spot - Evan Lindahl - Cando - didn't really have a set position - so I'll put him here.
4-spot - Chad Glasseri - Dickinson Trinity
5-spot - Devan Stoldorf - Bowman
timeouttime

Postby Larrylegend33 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:41 pm

I was just wondering if you have ever watched high school basketball in North Dakota.  Chad Glasser did not play the '4' and would never play the 4 on any team.  And yeah I get it that your 5 man is some kind of joke, but one more thing: Payton Tivis does not even belong in the conversation of the all-2000s team.  He was a good player but nothing special.
Larrylegend33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:45 pm

Larrylegend33 wrote:I was just wondering if you have ever watched high school basketball in North Dakota.  Chad Glasser did not play the '4' and would never play the 4 on any team.  And yeah I get it that your 5 man is some kind of joke, but one more thing: Payton Tivis does not even belong in the conversation of the all-2000s team.  He was a good player but nothing special.

are you kidding? Have you ever seen him play? do you live under a flippin rock, payton is the best player in his school's history, 2006 Senior POY(with one of the greatest classes of basketball players ever), he had an amazing senior year despite having a foot injury, started since he was a freshman, scored over 1,900 points if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, he definately belongs in this conversation.
project-pat

Postby Larrylegend33 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:49 pm

Craig Nelson and Chad Glasser have state titles and state tournament MVPs under their belt.  Kyle Carr has a better resume than Tivis, too.  The big knock on Tivis is zero state tourney berths.  Yes I understand that Bowman had a tough task trying to get past Trinity to get to state, but ND never got to see Tivis on the big stage.  I know he was great, but he's not all-2000s team.
Larrylegend33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:56 pm

Larrylegend33 wrote:Craig Nelson and Chad Glasser have state titles and state tournament MVPs under their belt.  Kyle Carr has a better resume than Tivis, too.  The big knock on Tivis is zero state tourney berths.  Yes I understand that Bowman had a tough task trying to get past Trinity to get to state, but ND never got to see Tivis on the big stage.  I know he was great, but he's not all-2000s team.

They had arguably the 2nd best team in the state last year. It's hard to make it to state in the toughest region out there. He was a 2 time 1st team all stater. He led the team in points, steals, and assists. He also averaged 6-7 boards a game. Don't hate on him just because he never made it to state.
project-pat

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:02 pm

project-pat wrote:
Larrylegend33 wrote:Craig Nelson and Chad Glasser have state titles and state tournament MVPs under their belt.  Kyle Carr has a better resume than Tivis, too.  The big knock on Tivis is zero state tourney berths.  Yes I understand that Bowman had a tough task trying to get past Trinity to get to state, but ND never got to see Tivis on the big stage.  I know he was great, but he's not all-2000s team.

They had arguably the 2nd best team in the state last year. It's hard to make it to state in the toughest region out there. He was a 2 time 1st team all stater. He led the team in points, steals, and assists. He also averaged 6-7 boards a game. Don't hate on him just because he never made it to state.
Doubt it
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mauer07 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:03 pm

I agree with Pat
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Larrylegend33 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:03 pm

Ok well maybe it was a shame that the rest of the state never got to see him.  I just really doubt that anyone outside of Bowman thinks that Payton Tivis belongs on an all-decade team.  Someone on here put Tivis on the 2nd team and left off Chad Glasser and that's ridiculous.  Chad simply took over during the 2004 state tournament.  His game v. Linton was something special.  The 2004 Titans were probably the least talented Trinity team in several years, yet they brought home THS's first state title because Chad put them on his back. 
Larrylegend33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:05 pm

Larrylegend33 wrote:Ok well maybe it was a shame that the rest of the state never got to see him.  I just really doubt that anyone outside of Bowman thinks that Payton Tivis belongs on an all-decade team.  Someone on here put Tivis on the 2nd team and left off Chad Glasser and that's ridiculous.  Chad simply took over during the 2004 state tournament.  His game v. Linton was something special.  The 2004 Titans were probably the least talented Trinity team in several years, yet they brought home THS's first state title because Chad put them on his back. 

I never said Chad Glasser didn't belong on there, he is in my top 5 as well. I just think that not bringing up Tivis in this topic is bogus.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:07 pm

The Schwab wrote:
project-pat wrote:

Doubt it

Well I think they were, and I'm not just saying that because I'm from Bowman.
project-pat

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:07 pm

Mauer07 wrote:I agree with Pat
Of course you would agree with him...your both from that region...
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:08 pm

The Schwab wrote:

Who cares if we are from the same region...does that really make a difference?
project-pat

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:13 pm

project-pat wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Who cares if we are from the same region...does that really make a difference?
that makes quite a bit of difference....you guys get to see the teams play alot more then you see other teams....and teams/players/fans tend to have a bias to root for their own region
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:15 pm

well I'm sure if bowman would've won that region championship last year, none of you would be thinking the way that you are now.
project-pat

Postby Larrylegend33 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:19 pm

OK obviously I touched a nerve here.  Tivis was a great player and is probably a pretty good kid away from the court, too.  My only point was that I bet that people on the eastern half of the state have never even heard of Payton Tivis, and yet we're talking about him on a state all-decade team.
Larrylegend33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Roughrider » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:21 pm

It doesnt matter what region you are from or whatever. this is so bogus, how can you gripe on someone just because he never made it to that state tournament or never won a state championship. that doesnt diminish the players abilities at all. Dan Marino is is concidered to be one of if not the best QB in NFL history and yet he has no superbowls. Having or not having state championships shouldnt be the deciding factor. yeah it is a nice thing to look at but it shouldnt say whether or not a player is good or not

GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:22 pm

Larrylegend33 wrote:OK obviously I touched a nerve here.  Tivis was a great player and is probably a pretty good kid away from the court, too.  My only point was that I bet that people on the eastern half of the state have never even heard of Payton Tivis, and yet we're talking about him on a state all-decade team.

That's pretty sad if they've never heard of him when he's a 2 time 1st team all stater, senior POY, and a Mr. Basketball Finalist
project-pat

Postby knights4 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:24 pm

i've heard of him and i live in the east, i wouldnt say he's top 5, but does he make the all decade team, yes.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Roughrider » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:30 pm

project-pat wrote:
Larrylegend33 wrote:OK obviously I touched a nerve here.  Tivis was a great player and is probably a pretty good kid away from the court, too.  My only point was that I bet that people on the eastern half of the state have never even heard of Payton Tivis, and yet we're talking about him on a state all-decade team.

That's pretty sad if they've never heard of him when he's a 2 time 1st team all stater, senior POY, and a Mr. Basketball Finalist

I agree with PP, how can u say you or people in the eastern half of the state have never heard of him. You must not watch a lot of basketball then. Like we've said he has made it to the 1st team all state twice. As a junior he was the leading scorer in the state. id say he would be known
Last edited by Roughrider on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:12 am

I'd probably go with L. Lorenz before i go with Tivis.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:38 am

for how everyone says that lorenz gets talked up on the board why is he not mentioned. He was two time first team all-state, Co-senior player of the year, the top class b vote getter for mr. basketball, Four year starter, state tournament mvp and he performed very well in two state tournament and nearly led an overrachieving mpcg to state again. The best defensive player in the decade, and scoring nearly 1,500 for a dynasty program is not bad for a defensive player. 
PA42

Postby ND_SportsNut » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:51 am

Robert Lawrence from warwick is the purest shooter I've ever seen in class B basketball, he had unlimited range, he was also great at getting to the free throw line where he never missed.  He has to be up there in the top 5 to 10 players
ND_SportsNut

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:09 am

Roughrider wrote:It doesnt matter what region you are from or whatever. this is so bogus, how can you gripe on someone just because he never made it to that state tournament or never won a state championship. that doesnt diminish the players abilities at all. Dan Marino is is concidered to be one of if not the best QB in NFL history and yet he has no superbowls. Having or not having state championships shouldnt be the deciding factor. yeah it is a nice thing to look at but it shouldnt say whether or not a player is good or not

No it shouldn't matter if you've won state championships but the thing is that Payton Tivis could've led his team to the state tournament last year or maybe even in 2004.  It's not like Trinity had a dominating team either of those years, the were beatable.  Bowman beat Trinity in the regular season and couldn't get it done at tournament time.  I still think the Chad Glasser and Craig Nelson are better than him.  Was he a Mr. Basketball candidate last year?  I can't remember who the Class "B" reps were.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics