What was the best game ever played in North Dakota.

The towns, teams, and players of the past.

Re: What was the best game ever played in North Dakota.

Postby old lineman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:40 am

Tempo of the game is set by how you decide to push the ball up the court with the guards. Do you have a designated outlet and someone to fly up the court? Being able to control the ball and take good shots is skill that has been lost by many teams in the last years. Look at a school that has alot of banners hanging on walls (not the ones that say 3rd in district Drama either) those programs could more than likely do both, push the ball and hold the ball. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to win.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: What was the best game ever played in North Dakota.

Postby busch3434 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:32 pm

I've been asked this question here.....was there a game played between Carrington and Mayport-CG in the 90's....i'm guessing 95-97 someplace, a regular season game where the score was in the twenties at the end of the game?
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby Old Baller » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:15 pm

BaldEagle wrote:
VikeMike wrote:I'll put in a vote for the Fort Yates Warrior's 3OT come-from-behind upset win over Minot in the State A title game in 1973. If it wasn't the greatest game, it is one of them. It was certainly one of the best championship games, as well as the greatest finish.

This game gets my vote too. :cool::cool::cool:

I agree. Here is a link to a little story about that game (remember the name Archambault?):

http://www.prairiepublic.org/radio/dako ... post=30438
Old Baller
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Basketball