Who's next?

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby ndfan » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:05 pm

Just wondering who everyone thinks will be the next big D-1 player from North Dakota like Boschee and Jacoson were for there respective teams and how long will it be?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:23 pm

qvale possibly kick

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:34 pm

How far are we looking into the future? Juniors? Sophs? Fresh? Or are we talking just about this years senior class?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:36 pm

I'm talking anybody, don't matter what grade they are or what class.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:40 pm

You would have to say a guy like Dufault has great potential to be a D-1 star. Most guys that are 6'7" in ND are centers. The guy is one of the top 3 point shooters in the state. Colleges have got to love that he's tall but yet is a perimeter player. 6'7" is too short to play post at a D-1 school but is a really nice height for a shooter.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:41 pm

anyone else a D1 lock besides Qvale?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:46 pm

nope cause hes the only one that signed his brother looks like a d1 football player though on a different note elgie in baseball also

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:49 pm

where is Kick going or has he not decided yet?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cityleaguer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:08 am

baseball wrote:where is Kick going or has he not decided yet?

I believe he's had an offer from just about every college in North Dakota and a few out of state, I heard NDSU was a strong candidate, but after they brought him over to tour the campus they told him they had already given their last scholarship away and wanted him to walk on next year until they had another scholarship...WEAK! As far as I know though, he's still waiting, probably until after the season's over.
Last edited by cityleaguer on Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Diamond D » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:18 am

I would put money on Travis Mertens.  Although he had an average game last night against NDSCS, he continues to improve on his skills.  I would like to see him lean towards NDSU after his sophomore year at LRSC, but I believe other D1 schools will be looking at him and trying to get him to come their way as well.

Diamond D

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:32 am

Dane Fischer from BSC can flat out play
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:06 pm

Baller wrote:Dane Fischer from BSC can flat out play

dane is amazing love that kid

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsbest44 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:19 pm

Brian Kielpinski out of Mandan might have a chance
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:28 pm

i think brent qvale will go d1 too if not for basketball then football

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:51 pm

cdub1 wrote:i think brent qvale will go d1 too if not for basketball then football

I'd say he is more likely to go in football. To me he is way to big to not be a dominate lineman.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby coca cola » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:38 pm

baller01 wrote:You would have to say a guy like Dufault has great potential to be a D-1 star. Most guys that are 6'7" in ND are centers. The guy is one of the top 3 point shooters in the state. Colleges have got to love that he's tall but yet is a perimeter player. 6'7" is too short to play post at a D-1 school but is a really nice height for a shooter.

in my opinion. dufault would not make it at DI school. he is to slow and not strong at all. im not sayin he is a bad player which is not, he just doesnt have the ability to do it
coca cola
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:14 pm

poochy wrote:
baller01 wrote:You would have to say a guy like Dufault has great potential to be a D-1 star. Most guys that are 6'7" in ND are centers. The guy is one of the top 3 point shooters in the state. Colleges have got to love that he's tall but yet is a perimeter player. 6'7" is too short to play post at a D-1 school but is a really nice height for a shooter.

in my opinion. dufault would not make it at DI school. he is to slow and not strong at all. im not sayin he is a bad player which is not, he just doesnt have the ability to do it

Sorry, I'm going to totally disagree with you on this one. I don't know how much colleges take into consideration strength at a high school level, but I don't think it is much. Colleges know that they are going to get their players much stronger and quicker. I think what a nice D-1 school is going to see in him his height and his ability to score from the outside. You can become stronger and faster but you can't become taller. 6'7" is hard to ignore when you can shoot the 3.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby O_Snap » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:35 pm

Justin Belohalvek?? by chance just curious I have no idea...
O_Snap

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:10 am

baller01 wrote:
poochy wrote:

Sorry, I'm going to totally disagree with you on this one. I don't know how much colleges take into consideration strength at a high school level, but I don't think it is much. Colleges know that they are going to get their players much stronger and quicker. I think what a nice D-1 school is going to see in him his height and his ability to score from the outside. You can become stronger and faster but you can't become taller. 6'7" is hard to ignore when you can shoot the 3.

Austin had never touched the weights prior to this season. He worked with Larry Walker during the summer and even though people might not notice, he added about 10-15 pounds to his frame. His dad told me he plans to spend this summer with coach Walker again to try and add about 20 more pounds. Also, believe this or not, but this came straight from his dad's mouth. The kid really loves football and he has great hands as a tight end.
ndfbfan

Postby baller01 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:06 am

ndfbfan wrote:
baller01 wrote:
poochy wrote:

Austin had never touched the weights prior to this season. He worked with Larry Walker during the summer and even though people might not notice, he added about 10-15 pounds to his frame. His dad told me he plans to spend this summer with coach Walker again to try and add about 20 more pounds. Also, believe this or not, but this came straight from his dad's mouth. The kid really loves football and he has great hands as a tight end.

If you are thinking that he might play football if he had the chance, I'll tell you now, he isn't going to.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Magi » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:01 pm

Zac Elgie for baseball
Magi
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Claz B Fan » Sat May 05, 2007 5:25 pm

When you think of Austin Dufault you can see a Isaiah Dalhman type player both 6'7 very lanky and not very strong but great perimeter shooting..... Although I know Isaiah scored alot more points it shows you that Dufault has the potential even though he isnt the strongest man out there

Dalhman got a lot of minutes this year for a pretty good Michigan State team and he has added about 20 pounds of muscle
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Ticket » Sat May 05, 2007 9:33 pm

I think the next D1 player in ND will be Jordan May. I dont know if he will be a big time D1 player but i definantly think he could make it if he wanted to.
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby feeshattack » Sun May 06, 2007 1:30 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
baseball wrote:where is Kick going or has he not decided yet?

I believe he's had an offer from just about every college in North Dakota and a few out of state, I heard NDSU was a strong candidate, but after they brought him over to tour the campus they told him they had already given their last scholarship away and wanted him to walk on next year until they had another scholarship...WEAK! As far as I know though, he's still waiting, probably until after the season's over.

hes goin to U Mary

i think dufualt has a great chance to be a D-1 player, tall, lengthy, can stroke the rock, pertty agile for how tall he is, and is starting to put on some weight and muscle
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun May 06, 2007 1:33 pm

yea if i had to put money on it i would bet Dufault to be the next, with his size and abilityto shoot the rock he can be a decent 3 man for a mid-major if he adds muscle and gains half a step of quickness.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics