Who's next?

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby baller01 » Sun May 06, 2007 6:23 pm

Two words...Joe Hanstad.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sun May 06, 2007 6:31 pm

baller01 wrote:Two words...Joe Hanstad.

ya that is true

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AandBfan » Mon May 07, 2007 10:38 am

cdub1 wrote:
baller01 wrote:Two words...Joe Hanstad.

ya that is true

Tell me more about him
AandBfan

Postby baller01 » Mon May 07, 2007 1:53 pm

I don't really like to talk about younger kids because so much can happen from now and then, but honetsly, I've seen and played against a lot of good players but I've never seen someone with as much potential as him. I know quite a few freshmen ballers in class B and A and I will say that I think Hanstad would be the best freshmen of them all. Scary thing is, he's an 8th grader. I'd say hes about 6'2", long arms, quick hands, handles the rock, strong in the post and shoots the lights out. Not only just set shots but 3s off the dribble and mid range pull-ups. Coming off screens, fading away from the post. You name it, he can do it.

I would expect him to start next year for DHS and not only be a roll player but definately could be a scoring threat. Like I said a lot can happen from now until then but I'm sure he is going to grow and hes got basketball in his veins. He will continue to get better.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Tu-Big » Mon May 14, 2007 7:45 pm

If Joe Hanstad gets to about 6'5'', there is NOONE in this state that will be able to guard him. Kids that are seniors have trouble guarding the kid, he goes to DSU and plays against the college guys all the time too and plays alot at the rec in dickinson, he's crossed me up more than once. I really hope coach W over in Dickinson gets him alot of playing time next year because i think he could be a big contributer next year. The reason why he is so good is that he's been playing on traveling teams since he was a 4th grader, some kids get burned out by it but Joe loves the game and i cant wait to watch him as he gets older.  
Tu-Big

Postby basketballer » Wed May 23, 2007 5:25 pm

caleb shockman, lamoure, he is about 6'6. his father,bruce shockman, played at ndsu. he will be a better college player than high school. he is pretty specialized in basketball (his only other sport is football) he has unlimited potential and will probably add a couple in. as he gets older. he could be a d-1 player if he becomes a better prsence in the lane.
Last edited by basketballer on Wed May 23, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby cdub1 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:48 pm

basketballer wrote:caleb shockman, lamoure, he is about 6'6. his father,bruce shockman, played at ndsu. he will be a better college player than high school. he is pretty specialized in basketball (his only other sport is football) he has unlimited potential and will probably add a couple in. as he gets older. he could be a d-1 player if he becomes a better prsence in the lane.

if he's only 6 6 he probly wouldnt be in the lane too much in a d1 college that is a 2 or 3 maybe tell me more about this kid though
Last edited by cdub1 on Wed May 23, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Thu May 24, 2007 9:45 am

cdub1 wrote:
basketballer wrote:caleb shockman, lamoure, he is about 6'6. his father,bruce shockman, played at ndsu. he will be a better college player than high school. he is pretty specialized in basketball (his only other sport is football) he has unlimited potential and will probably add a couple in. as he gets older. he could be a d-1 player if he becomes a better prsence in the lane.

if he's only 6 6 he probly wouldnt be in the lane too much in a d1 college that is a 2 or 3 maybe tell me more about this kid though

ya but i am guessing he will grow a couple maybe 3 more inches.

his brother jordan grew about 3 or 4 in. after high school i think.

he has a long way to go though but he has a lot of potential so maybe he could be a d-1 project.
basketballer

Postby AandBfan » Thu May 24, 2007 9:56 am

basketballer wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

he has a long way to go though but he has a lot of potential so maybe he could be a d-1 project.
Caleb would have to add a lot of strength to his game to make it in d-1
AandBfan

Postby basketballer » Thu May 24, 2007 10:00 am

ya he would.
basketballer

Postby Tu-Big » Thu May 24, 2007 1:09 pm

AandBfan wrote:
basketballer wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Caleb would have to add a lot of strength to his game to make it in d-1
What type of player is this kid? A post, or guard?
Tu-Big

Postby basketballer » Thu May 24, 2007 2:48 pm

he is a post right now, but i am guessing he would be either forward in college. (he is really fast and quick for his height.) 
basketballer

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:33 pm

Hes not D1 material...a good post player in HS and will make it in a D2 if he puts on a few pounds...and i cant see him playing any other position than post
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:39 pm

sportsguy2 wrote:Hes not D1 material...a good post player in HS and will make it in a D2 if he puts on a few pounds...and i cant see him playing any other position than post

i agree. If i remember right he wasn't very quick.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AandBfan » Fri May 25, 2007 7:58 am

classb_fan00 wrote:
sportsguy2 wrote:Hes not D1 material...a good post player in HS and will make it in a D2 if he puts on a few pounds...and i cant see him playing any other position than post

He had a hard time staying out of foul trouble
AandBfan

Postby basketballer » Fri May 25, 2007 8:11 am

AandBfan wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:

He had a hard time staying out of foul trouble

a lot of tall people do in high school....
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Fri May 25, 2007 8:14 am

as i said before he won't really develop until college. his father was the same way.
basketballer

Postby baseball » Fri May 25, 2007 8:37 am

basketballer wrote:

as i said before he won't really develop until college. his father was the same way.

then maybe he should sign with a JUCO and see how he does mature and not jsut go on what his brother and father did
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Fri May 25, 2007 8:52 am

baseball wrote:
basketballer wrote:

then maybe he should sign with a JUCO and see how he does mature and not jsut go on what his brother and father did

that is probably what he should do...i didnt think of that...but i dont know what his plans are...
Last edited by basketballer on Fri May 25, 2007 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby Tu-Big » Fri May 25, 2007 11:04 am

basketballer wrote:
baseball wrote:
basketballer wrote:

that is probably what he should do...i didnt think of that...but i dont know what his plans are...

Itll be tough for him just to try and switch positions in college i think if he doesnt have a jumpshot, but ive never seen him play. Anybody wanna fill me in on his shooting ability?
Tu-Big

Postby baseball » Fri May 25, 2007 11:34 am

Tu-Big wrote:
basketballer wrote:
baseball wrote:
basketballer wrote:

Itll be tough for him just to try and switch positions in college i think if he doesnt have a jumpshot, but ive never seen him play. Anybody wanna fill me in on his shooting ability?

decent out to about 14-15 feet, once he gets beyond that range the percentage sint very high.  scores all of his points using his size to take the other big out of the lane and then drive on him
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Fri May 25, 2007 3:12 pm

baseball wrote:
Tu-Big wrote:
basketballer wrote:
baseball wrote:
basketballer wrote:

decent out to about 14-15 feet, once he gets beyond that range the percentage sint very high.  scores all of his points using his size to take the other big out of the lane and then drive on him
he is money from 3-point line on in right now... he has been lifting and shooting in the gym every day since regions... and he doesnt score all his points because of his size...
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Sat May 26, 2007 11:59 am

does marshall from hazen have a chance?
basketballer

Postby brownbomber » Mon May 28, 2007 7:34 pm

how bout robbie morey?
Last edited by brownbomber on Mon May 28, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:01 pm

brownbomber wrote:how bout robbie morey?

if he gets taller maybe

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics