Who's next?

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby basketballer » Tue May 29, 2007 5:44 am

cdub1 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:how bout robbie morey?

if he gets taller maybe

does he play any other sports or does he kind of specialize in basketball?
Last edited by basketballer on Tue May 29, 2007 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby ahhhh » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:07 pm

i agree

ahhhh

Postby baller01 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:45 am

basketballer wrote:does marshall from hazen have a chance?

I'm going to have to say no. Marshall is a great high school player. But since he is mainly a post player, there is no way he could play D-1 with his height. He can post up anyone in high school because no one over 6'3" guards him. Marshall only being about 6'1" isn't going to be able to post up 6'8" fowards in D-1.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:57 pm

Last edited by classb_fan00 on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:00 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:I think if Kyle Heinze from BCN grows a couple more inches. He can shoot and he is developing a pretty good post game for his height. He can handle the ball pretty well. what do you guys think?

got ALOT of work to do if your talkin D-1
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:17 pm

baseball wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:I think if Kyle Heinze from BCN grows a couple more inches. He can shoot and he is developing a pretty good post game for his height. He can handle the ball pretty well. what do you guys think?

not gonna happen he was an average player last year pretty much was known because sizer's team went to state

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:13 pm

cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:

not gonna happen he was an average player last year pretty much was known because sizer's team went to state

ill agree with that....i dont think he will play college ball at any level unless he is in the gym everyday from here til he gradates
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Tu-Big » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:03 pm

baller01 wrote:

I'm going to have to say no. Marshall is a great high school player. But since he is mainly a post player, there is no way he could play D-1 with his height. He can post up anyone in high school because no one over 6'3" guards him. Marshall only being about 6'1" isn't going to be able to post up 6'8" fowards in D-1.

Marshall will play D-I golf before basketball...he'll probably play golf in college, thatd be my guess.
Tu-Big

Postby baller01 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:20 am

2008- Dufault
2009- Malzer, Wolf
2010- Randall

Those are my choices for D-1 players in each grade level in class B for the next couple year. I'm almost positive Dufault will go D-1 if he chooses to. I don't think colleges can overlook his shooting and his height.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:33 am

Tu-Big wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Marshall will play D-I golf before basketball...he'll probably play golf in college, thatd be my guess.

don't be so sure. have you seen the kid play football?? that may be his best all around sport imo
ndfbfan

Postby Tu-Big » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:49 pm

baller01 wrote:2008- Dufault
2009- Malzer, Wolf
2010- Randall

Those are my choices for D-1 players in each grade level in class B for the next couple year. I'm almost positive Dufault will go D-1 if he chooses to. I don't think colleges can overlook his shooting and his height.

Malzer can flat ball and if Wolf keeps improving like he has you never know, but he might have to get a little taller. Wolf played really well in his last AAU tourney so we'll see if he keeps improving over the summer.
Tu-Big

Postby Tu-Big » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:50 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
Tu-Big wrote:
baller01 wrote:

don't be so sure. have you seen the kid play football?? that may be his best all around sport imo

Great point, he is an absolute animal on the gridiron. I cant see him in D-1 basketball though because he doesnt handle the ball enough for being 6'1''(mainly because erhardt does) and if he were to be a 2 guard in D-1 he'd still be alot shorter than most other 2's.
Tu-Big

Postby baseball » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:54 pm

what position does Marshall play for football?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Tu-Big » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Full back, blocks for sorenson and runs a lil' bit. Fairly descent size and has good speed. i bet he's closing in on 200 pounds.
Tu-Big

Postby Tu-Big » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:36 pm

Got to see Shockman play this weekend...pretty solid player, seems to be working alot on his game lately, very athletic also, only knock is his outside shot, he hit a couple but then was completely off on a couple too.
Tu-Big

Postby Claz B Fan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:28 pm

2009- Malzer, Wolf
2010- Randall

I would be really suprised if North Dakota produced 4 D1 basketball players in the next 3 years there are just so many good players in the nation
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:01 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:
2009- Malzer, Wolf
2010- Randall

I would be really suprised if North Dakota produced 4 D1 basketball players in the next 3 years there are just so many good players in the nation

I'm not saying that all 4 will go D1. I'm just saying I think those are the top canidates in each class. I will almost guarentee (if he stays injury free and chooses to) that Dufault will go D-1. Malzer, Wolf, and Randall are just 3 other players that I think have that potential to.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:40 am

Id agree with Dufault going D1
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smsaints » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:32 am

Who is malzer and wolf ? What schools are they from?
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tu-Big » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:28 pm

smsaints wrote:Who is malzer and wolf ? What schools are they from?

Cameron Malzer plays at Turtle lake, about a 6 foot guard, can do it all. Alex Wolf is a 6'5'' post from Bowman, touch around the basket is pretty good, has improved alot since last year.
Tu-Big

Postby HeisAlive » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:08 am

I do know Default, Malzer, and Wolf all played for the ECI teams this year.  All of them had a pretty good year... Check out the ECIs website, alot of good player this year. It will be great to see them advance onto college.

http://eciyouth.org/Index.html

Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:16 pm

Did I just hear on the news last night that Dufault gave a verbal to NDSU for Bball??
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:01 pm

ndsportsfan98 wrote:Did I just hear on the news last night that Dufault gave a verbal to NDSU for Bball??

No, haha.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby highrise » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:34 pm

you have to put the ball on the floor to not just jumper.
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:45 pm

baller01 wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:Did I just hear on the news last night that Dufault gave a verbal to NDSU for Bball??

No, haha.

yes he did
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics