"History of Basketball in North Dakota"

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby baseball4 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:44 am

Hey everyone.  My dad recently mentioned something about a "History of Basketball in North Dakota" book and said it was the only thing he wanted for Christmas.  Problem is I have no idea where to find it.  Does anybody know anything about this....if I can find it online or at some bookstore.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.
baseball4

Postby rep » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:28 am

here is what i found on an amazon.com search

A history of North Dakota high school basketball (Unknown Binding)
by Merrill Schalow

Availability: THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. If you would like to purchase this title, we recommend that you occasionally check this page to see if it has become available.
rep

Postby rep » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:31 am

but, when i did a google search of Merrill Schalow, i did find an email...

[url=mailto:schalows@ndak.net]schalows@ndak.net[/url]

depending on if this is the right guy or not (got this off a velva website) you might be able to contact him and get the book that way, or he might be able to point you in the right direction.
rep

Postby baseball4 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:36 am

Thanks guys
baseball4

Postby rep » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:00 pm

you're welcome...of course i have a bit of a selfish reason too

if you are able to get a copy of the book, could you let me know if it is a good buy...my dad played hoops in jud way back when and loves north dakota class b basketball
rep

Postby baseball4 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:44 pm

haha ok, i will.....problem is though, I emailed that address and it got send back saying it no longer exists, so I'm gonna have to do some more research and bookstore hunting for it, but I will let you know if I come upon it
baseball4

Postby philshometown » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:56 pm

One Shining Moment VHS: The History of North Dakota Class B Basketball $29.95 http://imap.prairiepublic.org/store/product31.html

Prairie Public did an video in 2001 by this title, it is 88 minutes long and costs $29.95, if this link works!
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby Norm70 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:42 pm

"One shining moment is excellent. Check with you local library most of them in the state will have it.
Norm70

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics