State Tournament

throughout the state

Re: State Tournament

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:52 pm

hockeyman7 wrote:GF didn't win easily. Walsh County took them to a one goal game. If one of Walsh's defensemen hadn't gotten hurt in the first 15 secs. i think it might have been a different game. As soon as he came back, Walsh started making their comeback, they just ran out of time. Im not taking anything away from the Stallions, they came to play at state and they had a heck of a tournament.

I've read a number of the posts on here. There is always a reason why Walsh County lost because of players missing. Other teams have players missing. They are not on here making excuses. From the sounds of it, without the stellar play of their goalie throughout the season, they are an average team.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeychick » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 pm

Did anyone else have flashbacks on last years state tournament with the Flyers and Langdon. Tied 5-5 and then 4 overtimes. It looked like it was going to be a replay.
But I was just wondering what happened to Langdon in the championship game this year?
Great job Grand Forks!
hockeychick

Postby hockeychick » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:31 pm

scc wrote:
cubsfan wrote:Fargo Flyers 5 May-Port Ice Dawgs 1. May-Port had 20 minutes worth of penalty minutes.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Flyers only had one power play goal, even though there were ten May-Port penalites. The Flyers only had a single penalty in the game.

Does it matter that the Flyers had only one power play goal? Isn't it more impressive that they scored 4 goals 5 on 5. They scored enough to win.
hockeychick

Postby LB22 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:38 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:There is always a reason why Walsh County lost because of players missing.

How is this an excuse???? Walsh County had three Defense and one gets hurt. its hard for any team to run 2 defense for two periods. And i think the "average team" remark is kinda funny because ever team this year was "average". Good goaltending makes any team.
LB22

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:17 am

LB22 wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:There is always a reason why Walsh County lost because of players missing.

How is this an excuse???? Walsh County had three Defense and one gets hurt. its hard for any team to run 2 defense for two periods. And i think the "average team" remark is kinda funny because ever team this year was "average". Good goaltending makes any team.

Oh, you got me there.....
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to NDAHA