Weekend Updates

throughout the state

Re: Weekend Updates

Postby AC-DC » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:08 pm

You must have been editing your post, I only saw part of it the first time. I initially thought they were talking about my post on Langdon, where Power deflected one in. It happens!
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigcityhockey » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:31 pm

AC-DC wrote:I guess the main point was who was on the short end of the power plays. Other than that it was a close game. Personally, I didn't care, just stating what I saw.

I guess that 1 powerplay goal the Flyers scored was the difference in the game then. It was announced that Walsh county had about 20 shots on net, as you stated, the Walsh County goalie made 60 saves. Maybe that was the difference.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:32 pm

bigcityhockey wrote:
AC-DC wrote:I guess the main point was who was on the short end of the power plays. Other than that it was a close game. Personally, I didn't care, just stating what I saw.

I guess that 1 powerplay goal the Flyers scored was the difference in the game then. It was announced that Walsh county had about 20 shots on net, as you stated, the Walsh County goalie made 60 saves. Maybe that was the difference.

Fair enough, I saw less than half the game, but wasn’t that the closest one yet? Even Crosby’s 10 – 1 on Sunday was as close as anyone else (yes, that was Jandro in goal). From what I’ve seen, Grand Forks or Langdon will have to have a phenomenal game to pull out an upset.

I still say that without Fargo’s one, call it what you will, but ultimately stacked, team the rest of the league is very competitive. If the Flames get back some of the spark (no pun intended, really) they showed in our first game, they could beat May-Port and maybe Rugby. I noticed they had a couple of players injured on Saturday. We’ve been there as well. All ready down in numbers, the guys push it and end up hurt. As has been said though, it’s long season and anything could happen.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigcityhockey » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:48 pm

Fair enough, I saw less than half the game, but wasn’t that the closest one yet? Even Crosby’s 10 – 1 on Sunday was as close as anyone else (yes, that was Jandro in goal). From what I’ve seen, Grand Forks or Langdon will have to have a phenomenal game to pull out an upset.

I still say that without Fargo’s one, call it what you will, but ultimately stacked, team the rest of the league is very competitive. If the Flames get back some of the spark (no pun intended, really) they showed in our first game, they could beat May-Port and maybe Rugby. I noticed they had a couple of players injured on Saturday. We’ve been there as well. All ready down in numbers, the guys push it and end up hurt. As has been said though, it’s long season and anything could happen.[/quote]

Call it what u will?? I call it a team of hockey players. What do you call your team? A team I would assume. You should get off your "stacked" delusion. I suppose they were stacked last year when most of the same players were on the team, but lost to Langdon. They have 11 seniors, maybe that's why they are good. You forgot that the 3 Flames players were recruited by the Flyers to be Flyers this year. If you are going to make silly comments, you should add that one in as well.

Very correct, the Flyers and Crosby played to a 10-1 game. I think that Crosby fares better on a bigger sheet of ice than they do on their own much much smaller sheet. And Jandro did play in the game, looked like he got an assist on a goal when he zipped a pass to a player at the far blue line which led to a goal. Just what I saw from the bleachers anyway. Note the sarcasm regarding Jandro and his pass.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:22 am

The Jandro assist was impressive, caught everyone on a line change when they thought it was a clear dump. If they would have looked at the clock, they probably should have sucked it up for another 15 seconds to period break. Chalk it up to a learning experience, they won't do that one again.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #18 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:07 pm

looks like ACDC must be the comets coach

Postby AC-DC » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:20 pm

#18 wrote:looks like ACDC must be the comets coach

What's your obsession with who I am? If you're looking for a date, I'm not into that.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:31 pm

Topic Locked
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to NDAHA