defense

throughout the state

defense

Postby sports03 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:52 pm

best defense in junior gold... we dont need stupid comments after about how you think he's not good he's only good cause he has a team around him or whatever some people say on here just say who you think is the best and why
sports03

Re: defense

Postby dcfan24 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:54 am

Max Johnson looked impressive as an offensive defenseman last year for WC. But havent got the chance to see him yet this year.
dcfan24

Postby AC-DC » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:58 am

Kyle Stephens, see "WDA - Best Defenseman in the West", enough said!
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:04 pm

I still say Cole Casteel, #26 Crosby, is a solid defenseman. If he didn't need to skate hard for over 40 minutes in every 60, he would produce more big plays. Seeing that he is just a Junior, we'll definitely see more from him.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #18 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:11 pm

kennedy and seltvedt on the flyers are solid I havent seen anybody from the north but nobody in the west impressed me

Postby yeckoh » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:29 pm

AC-DC wrote:Kyle Stephens, see "WDA - Best Defenseman in the West", enough said!
So much for him being on JV...
yeckoh
NDPreps Rookie

Postby dcfan24 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:37 am

#18 wrote:kennedy and seltvedt on the flyers are solid I havent seen anybody from the north but nobody in the west impressed me

#18...Kennedy from the flyers is #18. He talks about him all the time and thats the only team he brags up. I wonder who this could be??? Most people dont brag about themselves on how good they are if they have a better team, on a different level in the same town. Which you SHOULD BE PLAYING ON IF YOUR SO GREAT and for Seltvedt it appeared that he was a good defender, but if you get a fast skater with good hands he will be beat. On account of slow feet. just my opinion hope it wasnt too bad, dont want another topic locked in this fourm! :mrgreen:
dcfan24

Postby AC-DC » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:11 am

yeckoh wrote:
AC-DC wrote:Kyle Stephens, see "WDA - Best Defenseman in the West", enough said!
So much for him being on JV...

Ok, so the “JV” comment wasn’t fair. I, along with the rest of the club, was feeling a little betrayed, partially by Kyle, but mainly by the system that caused him to move. With no seniors last year and everyone plus a couple returning, we were looking forward to a good season. He is definitely a match to any of the top scorers in the league. Not only will he put on an insane move to block a shot, but will skate circles around the opposing defenders to score a few of his own.

I wish him the best of luck. The Crosby Comets will surely miss him.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #18 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:19 am

i am not kennedy i am a good friend of his that why he is # 18, becuase of me... I coached him in bantams

Postby dcs01 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:50 pm

Langdon has a pretty solid defense with tanner romfo kyle witzel and dylan sarri all pretty solid defenders
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #18 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:07 pm

Cole Casteel #26 Crosby is by far #1 in the state he has one heck of a shot and helps his new goalie out a lot

Postby dcfan24 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 pm

#18 wrote:Cole Casteel #26 Crosby is by far #1 in the state he has one heck of a shot and helps his new goalie out a lot

There is no need for smart butt comments.
I dont believe you are a bantam coach of that Kennedy kid, most coaches wouldn't come on a forum site to make fun of kids. My thought is that you are him, and made an account because you heard AC/DC or someone was talking down about "Big City Teams".

One defender is not able to keep shots of his goalie if the forward lines give them the puck. I haven't got the chance to see them play, but i have heard their second and third lines are extremely week? Anyone know??? but thats just IMO.
dcfan24

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:26 am

One defender is not able to keep shots of his goalie if the forward lines give them the puck. I haven't got the chance to see them play, but i have heard their second and third lines are extremely week? Anyone know??? but thats just IMO.[/quote]

You are probably correct regarding the comments made by #18. He could be a high schooler trying to cover his identity.

Judging by the scores early in the season, I would have to agree that their 2nd and 3rd lines must be weaker, but also wonder if they have 1st liners who are competitive. A look at ndaha.org looks like they lost to Rugby and May-port, both of whom aren't exactly considered powerhouse junior gold teams, are they?? They haven't been the past couple of years. Also lost to Grand Forks, Walsh County, and Fargo Flyers, which one could attribute to their respective teams having 3 lines who are all capable of scoring.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:44 am

Sioux4ever wrote:One defender is not able to keep shots of his goalie if the forward lines give them the puck. I haven't got the chance to see them play, but i have heard their second and third lines are extremely week? Anyone know??? but thats just IMO.

You are probably correct regarding the comments made by #18. He could be a high schooler trying to cover his identity.

Judging by the scores early in the season, I would have to agree that their 2nd and 3rd lines must be weaker, but also wonder if they have 1st liners who are competitive. A look at ndaha.org looks like they lost to Rugby and May-port, both of whom aren't exactly considered powerhouse junior gold teams, are they?? They haven't been the past couple of years. Also lost to Grand Forks, Walsh County, and Fargo Flyers, which one could attribute to their respective teams having 3 lines who are all capable of scoring.[/quote]

It’s kind of off the Defense subject, but I wanted to throw in a perspective from someone that was there. The May-Port game was a lot closer than the score. Crosby out-skated and out-shot May-Port. There were some good goalie saves on one side and a lot of pucks bouncing of the pipe. First game of the season, it’ll go the other way next time.

Stallions, 10 – 5, some pucks found the net. Another good effort considering it’s the single GF team.

Walsh County, held them to 6, their lowest tally yet. Very rough game at the end of a long weekend. Walsh County is probably the only team that can give the Flyers a good game.

Rugby 4 – 1, another deceiving game. A lot of pucks rattling the pipe. A couple of weak goalie efforts early got the team down. Too many games early in the season, the team was running out of gas.

Only team to score against the Flyers to date.

Not that anyone cares, but Crosby definitely has experience issues, three players with less than 3 years on the ice, a second year goalie and 2 players new to the team. They’ll not be a powerhouse anytime soon, but are getting better every game. That’s what it’s all about.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 pm

Not that anyone cares, but Crosby definitely has experience issues, three players with less than 3 years on the ice, a second year goalie and 2 players new to the team. They’ll not be a powerhouse anytime soon, but are getting better every game. That’s what it’s all about.[/quote]

Thanks for the input!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:24 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:Not that anyone cares, but Crosby definitely has experience issues, three players with less than 3 years on the ice, a second year goalie and 2 players new to the team. They’ll not be a powerhouse anytime soon, but are getting better every game. That’s what it’s all about.

Thanks for the input![/quote]

You are welcome!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:50 pm

You are welcome![/quote]

Good things being discussed! I think the board gets caught up in "trash" talking from time to time which closes topics.

It sounds as if Crosby is down in terms of talent, but new kids coming out and enjoying playing the game of hockey!!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:39 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:You are welcome!

Good things being discussed! I think the board gets caught up in "trash" talking from time to time which closes topics.

It sounds as if Crosby is down in terms of talent, but new kids coming out and enjoying playing the game of hockey!![/quote]

There are still some good players, just not enough of them and then we have to compete with basketall for players as well. The younger, Squirt, team is actually waxing most of the teams they play in the Canadian league. As long as they stick with hockey, (no pun intended), you'll be hearing a lot more about them in about 5 years. We do what we can.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JRgoldfan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:11 pm

AC-DC wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:You are welcome!

It sounds as if Crosby is down in terms of talent, but new kids coming out and enjoying playing the game of hockey!!

There are still some good players, just not enough of them and then we have to compete with basketall for players as well. The younger, Squirt, team is actually waxing most of the teams they play in the Canadian league. As long as they stick with hockey, (no pun intended), you'll be hearing a lot more about them in about 5 years. We do what we can.[/quote]

I had the pleasure of catching the end of the Estavan vs Crosby squirt/atom game. AC/DC is corect Crosby's squirt team looks good. The problem is as always, keeping the kids in hockey.
JRgoldfan

Postby tadam6 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:41 pm

AC-DC wrote:I still say Cole Casteel, #26 Crosby, is a solid defenseman. If he didn't need to skate hard for over 40 minutes in every 60, he would produce more big plays. Seeing that he is just a Junior, we'll definitely see more from him.

I remember ryan howatt dancing his way down the ice around all these kids your naming.....and then scoring of course...
tadam6

Postby AC-DC » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:14 pm

tadam6 wrote:
AC-DC wrote:I still say Cole Casteel, #26 Crosby, is a solid defenseman. If he didn't need to skate hard for over 40 minutes in every 60, he would produce more big plays. Seeing that he is just a Junior, we'll definitely see more from him.

I remember ryan howatt dancing his way down the ice around all these kids your naming.....and then scoring of course...

On a team of 12 seniors and these guys were just sophmores. Sure Howatt was ok, what's he doing now?
So #66, did you have someone from Langdon this year to promote or are you just dis'ing other players?
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:44 pm

Any guesses on how long before this one is closed??
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball11 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:55 pm

AC-DC wrote:
tadam6 wrote:

On a team of 12 seniors and these guys were just sophmores. Sure Howatt was ok, what's he doing now?
So #66, did you have someone from Langdon this year to promote or are you just dis'ing other players?

Howatt's actually went on to play on the North Dakota team after the season ended. Now he's on a junior team in Dubuque, Iowa.
baseball11

Postby AC-DC » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:04 pm

baseball11 wrote:
AC-DC wrote:
tadam6 wrote:

Howatt's actually went on to play on the North Dakota team after the season ended. Now he's on a junior team in Dubuque, Iowa.

Good to hear. Do you know how they're doing and if he's getting any higher level attention?
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dcs01 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:15 pm

ryan howatt is playing on the second line i belive and there like 23-1 i think they lost thier first game when he was home for his sisters wedding......bummer
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to NDAHA