Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

throughout the state

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:18 pm

#18 wrote:Best team ever yes I think so every line contributes and I don't remeber scores like these against the better teams like sidney and watford... now crosby has always been absoultly destroyed almost every year, but 24 to 2 come on watch out for the flyers they are very special at least for the first time ive seen them


no not even close. ive seen better.
Stormtrooper
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby hockeychick » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:01 pm

koozy wrote:They just got beat by langdon 4 to 2. so they arent inviciable


Nobody said they were invincible. It was just stated that they are a very good team this year. They still have a great record. Compare that to where they were 2 years ago.
hockeychick
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:16 pm

I want to bring down the Flyers by any means but they beat May-Port by only four goals when May-Port played a man down for twenty minutes worth of the game. They scored their goals in bunches to, two at the beginning and two at the end. They only scored on two out of the ten power plays. They are not the best team I have seen this year, that would have to go to Walsh County.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby flyersgold08 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:51 pm

Haha Walsh County... right. I personally liked it when the one Walsh player skated up to receive the league championship trophy....lol. the Stallions came to play 3 games and came out victorious, congrats to them.
flyersgold08
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:42 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:49 pm

cubsfan wrote:I want to bring down the Flyers by any means but they beat May-Port by only four goals when May-Port played a man down for twenty minutes worth of the game. They scored their goals in bunches to, two at the beginning and two at the end. They only scored on two out of the ten power plays. They are not the best team I have seen this year, that would have to go to Walsh County.


Not putting down the Walsh County team any, as it seems like a very good team, but Walsh County went winless against the Flyers team this year. 3 Losses (7-2, 3-1, 4-1) and 1 tie (4-4). Congratulations to the Grand Forks Stallions for winning the state tournament and to the Flyers for winning the league season championship. 2 very good teams!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby AC-DC » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:44 am

How did the Flyers win the regular season when Walsh County was the number one team in the standings? Presumably it has something to do with the fair play points, but nothing in the rules excludes the fair play points for league championship.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:11 pm

This is the information I was given, so it comes second hand, but from a good source. League Champions have nothing to do with fair-play points. The points can determine seeding, but not the league champion. The Flyers and Walsh County tied for the best record in league at 16-1-1. Walsh County did not beat the Flyers during the season, so the tie-breaker went to Flyers. They are the league champions.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby LB22 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:53 pm

So can someone tell me why the Flyers get a seed to go to the Minnkota Cup in SD? They didnt take first at state and they didnt take first in the league?
LB22
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby hockeyman7 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:01 pm

flyersgold08 wrote:Haha Walsh County... right. I personally liked it when the one Walsh player skated up to receive the league championship trophy....lol. the Stallions came to play 3 games and came out victorious, congrats to them.


No Walsh County player skated up to recieve the league championship trophy. where were you?
hockeyman7
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:16 am

LB22 wrote:So can someone tell me why the Flyers get a seed to go to the Minnkota Cup in SD? They didnt take first at state and they didnt take first in the league?


They won the league championship. You can read the post about 3 posts above. They did not get the #1 seed in the league, due to a fair play point, but they had the best record in league (tied with Walsh, but never lost to them). That sends them to the tournament. So, yes, they did take first in league.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby LB22 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:00 am

Sioux4ever wrote:but they had the best record in league


So this must be a new rule then because if that was the case then Langdon should of won it last year
LB22
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:46 pm

LB22 wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:but they had the best record in league

So this must be a new rule then because if that was the case then Langdon should of won it last year


No idea. I am just going on what I was told.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby fargohockey1093 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:13 pm

the only reason the flyers jr gold are any good is cus they arent cutting any sophmores or freshmen at south trying to create 2 jv teams
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Baller » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:20 pm

fargohockey1093 wrote:the only reason the flyers jr gold are any good is cus they arent cutting any sophmores or freshmen at south trying to create 2 jv teams


Wouldn't that mean that Flyers are NOT very good because South is keeping more players that would be playing Jr. GOld if they got cut. P.S- not sure where you get your info but south only kept one freshman for JV this year.


Your logic doesn't make a lot of sense.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby fargohockey1093 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:39 pm

Baller wrote:
fargohockey1093 wrote:the only reason the flyers jr gold are any good is cus they arent cutting any sophmores or freshmen at south trying to create 2 jv teams


Wouldn't that mean that Flyers are NOT very good because South is keeping more players that would be playing Jr. GOld if they got cut. P.S- not sure where you get your info but south only kept one freshman for JV this year.


Your logic doesn't make a lot of sense.


Thats because only one freshmen decided to play. Sophmores normally wouldnt have even made the Jv roster
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:45 pm

fargohockey1093 wrote:
Baller wrote:
fargohockey1093 wrote:the only reason the flyers jr gold are any good is cus they arent cutting any sophmores or freshmen at south trying to create 2 jv teams

Wouldn't that mean that Flyers are NOT very good because South is keeping more players that would be playing Jr. GOld if they got cut. P.S- not sure where you get your info but south only kept one freshman for JV this year.
Your logic doesn't make a lot of sense.

Thats because only one freshmen decided to play. Sophmores normally wouldnt have even made the Jv roster


Wherever you got your information that Sophomores do not normally make the JV roster is completely incorrect. Most 9th graders are bantams unless they have the odd summer birthday. There were plenty of sophomores on South's JV last season. There always is.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby BrewerFan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Glad to see Langdon/Park River whoop up on the Flyers today!!
BrewerFan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby icedawg35 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:57 am

BrewerFan wrote:Glad to see Langdon/Park River whoop up on the Flyers today!!


The Flyers played the Fargo Flames today.
icedawg35
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:08 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby BrewerFan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Langdon and Fargo Flyers played in Park River on Sat. the 14th. Langdon won 5-4, I listened to it on the radio.
BrewerFan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby L00PS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 am

BrewerFan wrote:Langdon and Fargo Flyers played in Park River on Sat. the 14th. Langdon won 5-4, I listened to it on the radio.


Even though the Flyers may have lost, they still have a great team. I somehow don't believe that Langdon "whooped" them when the score was 5-4. It probably was a good game, although I wouldn't count them out of anything yet. There is still a lot of hockey yet to be played, and better yet, the State Tournament!
L00PS
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 pm

Previous

Return to NDAHA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron