Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

throughout the state

Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby #18 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:13 pm

Best team ever yes I think so every line contributes and I don't remeber scores like these against the better teams like sidney and watford... now crosby has always been absoultly destroyed almost every year, but 24 to 2 come on watch out for the flyers they are very special at least for the first time ive seen them
#18
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby dcfan24 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:30 pm

#18 wrote:Best team ever yes I think so every line contributes and I don't remeber scores like these against the better teams like sidney and watford... now crosby has always been absoultly destroyed almost every year, but 24 to 2 come on watch out for the flyers they are very special at least for the first time ive seen them


Minot's Dynasty had better jr. gold teams, when they won state like 9 years in a row.
dcfan24
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby flyersgold08 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:57 pm

Does minot even have a team this year? No. I have no clue that they even were a jr. gold team, but would you happen to know what were their scores were? That must have been back in da day when their was red and green aluminum Christian shafts. lol
flyersgold08
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:42 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby farmerjoe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:04 am

I am not trying to stomp on your parade but isnt Crosbys goalie a first year goalie who is stepping in for the regular goalie who i believe had a neck injury. Wow that is pretty impressive the fargo flyers can beat a team 24-2 or whatever against a small team as well as a goaltender who doesnt really know what is going on. How many of those 24 goals were quality and not garbage goals or lobs from way out. I would say that the Grand Forks Stallions from 1998-2001 would put up a huge battle for best team ever in North Dakota. A good test for these Fargo if they are so good would be some of these tourneys in Minnesota. Does anyone know what tourneys they go to that are actually competitive? Duluth, Wayzata????
farmerjoe
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby JRgoldfan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:52 am

I hate to say it, but what does it matter if the goals are garbage or quality??? As all hockey parents/fans/coaches/players know, whether the puck rolls in or is a perfect top shelf shot it counts either way......

I'd rather know how many saves the Crosby goalie had.... what was the percentage??


farmerjoe wrote:I am not trying to stomp on your parade but isnt Crosbys goalie a first year goalie who is stepping in for the regular goalie who i believe had a neck injury. Wow that is pretty impressive the fargo flyers can beat a team 24-2 or whatever against a small team as well as a goaltender who doesnt really know what is going on. How many of those 24 goals were quality and not garbage goals or lobs from way out. I would say that the Grand Forks Stallions from 1998-2001 would put up a huge battle for best team ever in North Dakota. A good test for these Fargo if they are so good would be some of these tourneys in Minnesota. Does anyone know what tourneys they go to that are actually competitive? Duluth, Wayzata????
JRgoldfan
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby flyersgold08 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:20 pm

I will agree with you that the stallions have a pretty good reputation for competing in state titles. But you might as well add the flames too then, because they won a few titles back back just in the past few years.
Does anyone have any knowledge of where you might find who has all won the jr. gold state titles and the year they won it?
flyersgold08
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:42 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby AC-DC » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:55 pm

flyersgold08 wrote:I will agree with you that the stallions have a pretty good reputation for competing in state titles. But you might as well add the flames too then, because they won a few titles back back just in the past few years.
Does anyone have any knowledge of where you might find who has all won the jr. gold state titles and the year they won it?


I know the list was printed in last years tournament program. The NDAHA website has a partial list under Historys;

http://www.ndaha.org/html/league___tour ... torys.html

From what I remember Minot had the longest dynasty, something like 8 years.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby #18 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Flyers will be playing in a tournament this weekend vs south dakota teams and canadian teams, they also go to a grand rapids tournament and the will be winning the state tournament unless somebody can find a way to stop them from scoring and actually put up goals too
#18
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:20 pm

AC-DC wrote:
flyersgold08 wrote:I will agree with you that the stallions have a pretty good reputation for competing in state titles. But you might as well add the flames too then, because they won a few titles back back just in the past few years.
Does anyone have any knowledge of where you might find who has all won the jr. gold state titles and the year they won it?


I know the list was printed in last years tournament program. The NDAHA website has a partial list under Historys;

http://www.ndaha.org/html/league___tour ... torys.html

From what I remember Minot had the longest dynasty, something like 8 years.


I think You are correct, Minot had some great Jr. Gold/Midget teams. I believe Grand Forks did not have teams at this time and Fargo was just starting out as a Midget/Jr Gold team.

The Stallions of the late 90's were very strong.

It is pointless to argue who the best team ever is.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby dcs01 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:51 pm

2006-2007 langdon blades and thats all got to say about that
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:54 pm

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:52 pm

dcs01 wrote:2006-2007 langdon blades and thats all got to say about that


They won state right???
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby dcs01 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:56 pm

should have they beat that team both times in the regular season and from what i could see were pretty exausted
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:54 pm

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:23 pm

dcs01 wrote:should have they beat that team both times in the regular season and from what i could see were pretty exausted


I am fairly new to the Junior Gold site. I have a friend who has a son playing in Fargo and another who has a son playing in Grand Forks.

So, the information I am given is 2nd-hand. The langdon team did not run the table in the league last season (undefeated), did not earn the #1 seed in the state tournament, won a semi-final game against a Fargo team in 4 overtimes in which the Fargo team had 2 goals disallowed, and lost to the Fargo Flames in the Championship........ Is this correct??

Forums are a place to express an opinion. Often times, there is no substance to back up an opinion, etc... I would say that I agree with a previous post that the G.F. Stallions teams of 1998-2001?? were probably the strongest. Without being able to compete against one another, you can never tell. The first thing I would assume for a solid argument is to win the league (undefeated.....) and win the state tournament.... 0-2 on the Langdon team.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby baseball11 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:
dcs01 wrote:should have they beat that team both times in the regular season and from what i could see were pretty exausted


I am fairly new to the Junior Gold site. I have a friend who has a son playing in Fargo and another who has a son playing in Grand Forks.

So, the information I am given is 2nd-hand. The langdon team did not run the table in the league last season (undefeated), did not earn the #1 seed in the state tournament, won a semi-final game against a Fargo team in 4 overtimes in which the Fargo team had 2 goals disallowed, and lost to the Fargo Flames in the Championship........ Is this correct??

Forums are a place to express an opinion. Often times, there is no substance to back up an opinion, etc... I would say that I agree with a previous post that the G.F. Stallions teams of 1998-2001?? were probably the strongest. Without being able to compete against one another, you can never tell. The first thing I would assume for a solid argument is to win the league (undefeated.....) and win the state tournament.... 0-2 on the Langdon team.


Correct. They lost one game to the GF Gold. 7-5 I believe.

Those goals were allowed because 1) the net was off and the whistle was blown dead before it went in to net and 2) I believe it was a high stick AND a player was ramming into the goalie as it was occuring. Good calls on both of them. Was one of the best games I've seen in along time. Both goalies had 55+ saves, ice was getting roughed up bad, players were fighting through complete exhaustion, etc. Langdon got beat when it mattered, but they also beat Fargo Flames twice before that.

I agree with the Stallion teams being the best. Easily the best that I've seen anyway. Had great goaltending and put lots of goals on the board.
baseball11
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:36 pm

Correct. They lost one game to the GF Gold. 7-5 I believe.

Those goals were allowed because 1) the net was off and the whistle was blown dead before it went in to net and 2) I believe it was a high stick AND a player was ramming into the goalie as it was occuring. Good calls on both of them. Was one of the best games I've seen in along time. Both goalies had 55+ saves, ice was getting roughed up bad, players were fighting through complete exhaustion, etc. Langdon got beat when it mattered, but they also beat Fargo Flames twice before that.

I agree with the Stallion teams being the best. Easily the best that I've seen anyway. Had great goaltending and put lots of goals on the board.[/quote]


Were you on the ice playing?? You make a good argument for your reasons why the goals were disallowed. What my friend in Grand Forks told me has a little different story. He has no bias towards either team, his story just had some different information. A player was ramming into the goalie, correct... You forgot to mention he was shoved into the goalie by a langdon player.

In the end, it matters only who won and Langdon won, I assume they deserve much credit for it.

Much like how the New England Patriots won on Monday night????
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby baseball11 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:32 am

Sioux4ever wrote:Correct. They lost one game to the GF Gold. 7-5 I believe.

\]Were you on the ice playing?? You make a good argument for your reasons why the goals were disallowed. What my friend in Grand Forks told me has a little different story. He has no bias towards either team, his story just had some different information. A player was ramming into the goalie, correct... You forgot to mention he was shoved into the goalie by a langdon player.

In the end, it matters only who won and Langdon won, I assume they deserve much credit for it.

Much like how the New England Patriots won on Monday night????


Yes I was on the ice. And even if a Langdon player did shove the other player (I honestly don't remember this, just the ref explaining interference from the Flyers player), it still doesnt explain the high sticking which is how the puck went into the net.

And yes, we did eventually score (legally) before the Flames did. I dont think any credit should be taken away from us. Just like the Patriots, we deserve credit for the win IMO.
baseball11
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby JGFan » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:28 am

It is nice to hear a homer excuse to why two OT goals were disallowed.
I heard the Sidney goal judge said BOTH were legal goals, and that he did not know what that ref was making up to disallow them.
So, this "clear win" of yours was not so clear to that ice official (who was ignored).
Ultimately the ref calls the game.
The Flyers showed a lot of class leaving that arena as non winners, in a not so clear game.

Do you think that may be why they seem to be on a mission out West early this year?
JGFan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:26 pm

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby baseball11 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:48 pm

JGFan wrote:It is nice to hear a homer excuse to why two OT goals were disallowed.
I heard the Sidney goal judge said BOTH were legal goals, and that he did not know what that ref was making up to disallow them.
So, this "clear win" of yours was not so clear to that ice official (who was ignored).
Ultimately the ref calls the game.
The Flyers showed a lot of class leaving that arena as non winners, in a not so clear game.

Do you think that may be why they seem to be on a mission out West early this year?


The ref was right there to make the calls and disallowed them immediately. You can't score witha high stick or when the net is off. I don't know what you're argument is. Obviously you're being as much of a Flyer homer as I am a Langdon one if you're using second (or maybe third or fourth) hand information about what a Sidney goal judge had to say. I was right there and saw both of them. Where were you?
baseball11
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby RedHotChiliPeppers » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:06 pm

My son was the player being pushed into the net in that overtime game and the puck was shot from just off the goal line in the corner and as he was being pushed into the net the puck hit him in the chest and went in. That was the only goal disallowed the other complaint was there was a scrum in front of the net and a langdon player covered the puck with his hands in the crease which should result in a penalty shot but the ref that had a clear view of it (he was right by the net with nothing in his way) didnt call it.
RedHotChiliPeppers
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby mntwins05 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:33 pm

I heard two days ago that the flyers have like 4 or 5 guys who tried out for south high, made the team and quit. Is there any truth to this or is it all just hearsay? I think i heard something about that laraway kid trying out for south, but didn't hear if he made it, and i have no idea who these other kids are that made south and quit. Enlighten me someone...
mntwins05
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:00 pm

mntwins05 wrote:I heard two days ago that the flyers have like 4 or 5 guys who tried out for south high, made the team and quit. Is there any truth to this or is it all just hearsay? I think i heard something about that laraway kid trying out for south, but didn't hear if he made it, and i have no idea who these other kids are that made south and quit. Enlighten me someone...


That is just not true. The Laraway kid tried out at South and was told he would have a spot on the team. He decided against playing there. I have not heard of others. This is what I was told at least.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby mntwins05 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:18 pm

That is just not true. The Laraway kid tried out at South and was told he would have a spot on the team. He decided against playing there. I have not heard of others. This is what I was told at least.[/quote]

Thanks for your help. I didnt know if it was rumor or truth
mntwins05
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby sports03 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:40 am

by dcs01 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:56 pm

should have they beat that team both times in the regular season and from what i could see were pretty exausted

they didn't look exhausted because they put up 60 shots and only allowed 24... that sounds like they worked the flames but somehow the flames finally got the win they deserved against langdon last year... yes they did get beat at home fair and square but not at langdons rink they got scored on twice that didnt' go in but the refs allowed it... the langdon team got payback... they also didn't show much class in the loss and neither did the WC team the flames beat i was there... there were very rude comments made towards the flames players totally inappropriate
sports03
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby baseball11 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:33 pm

sports03 wrote:they didn't look exhausted because they put up 60 shots and only allowed 24... that sounds like they worked the flames but somehow the flames finally got the win they deserved against langdon last year... yes they did get beat at home fair and square but not at langdons rink they got scored on twice that didnt' go in but the refs allowed it... the langdon team got payback... they also didn't show much class in the loss and neither did the WC team the flames beat i was there... there were very rude comments made towards the flames players totally inappropriate


Langdon's refs are from neighboring towns (Cando, Park River, Grafton, Devils Lake, etc.) so your argument is kind of pointless. I was there too and don't remember any of those "non goals". Sorry.
Last edited by baseball11 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball11
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:43 pm

baseball11 wrote:
sports03 wrote:they didn't look exhausted because they put up 60 shots and only allowed 24... that sounds like they worked the flames but somehow the flames finally got the win they deserved against langdon last year... yes they did get beat at home fair and square but not at langdons rink they got scored on twice that didnt' go in but the refs allowed it... the langdon team got payback... they also didn't show much class in the loss and neither did the WC team the flames beat i was there... there were very rude comments made towards the flames players totally inappropriate


Langdon's refs are from neighboring towns (Cando, Park River, Grafton, Devils Lake, etc.) so your argument is kind of pointless. I was there too and don't remember any of those "non goals". Sorry.

If it wasn't for the refs, Fargo would never lose a game!! :roll:


Is this all the forums are going to become? Fargo vs. Everyone else, and Everyone vs. Fargo. Enough of the Small City Big City drama, it is getting old.

A Fargo player/ex-player claims they had goals disallowed, the Langdon player/ex-player claims there wasn't; who really cares, it was last year. Get on with it already. New Season!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Next

Return to NDAHA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests