Big City Clubs

throughout the state

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby justahockeymom » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:14 pm

To answer your quote we my be in the same boat but we are not complaining about it. I just wish everyone would stop knocking the flames. Purpose of junior gold is to let kids skate and play. I beleive everyone and I pretty much mean most of the adults are making bigger things out of all this then anyone. There is a winner and loser of every game.
RedHotChiliPeppers wrote:Personally I think everyone should stop complaining about the Flyers, BigCity is right, the Flames are in the same boat that the Flyers were in 2 years ago. So instead of complaining about teams, Think of ways you can improve your own team. Cmon let the kids play
justahockeymom
 

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby RedHotChiliPeppers » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:36 am

justahockeymom wrote:To answer your quote we my be in the same boat but we are not complaining about it. I just wish everyone would stop knocking the flames. Purpose of junior gold is to let kids skate and play. I beleive everyone and I pretty much mean most of the adults are making bigger things out of all this then anyone. There is a winner and loser of every game.
RedHotChiliPeppers wrote:Personally I think everyone should stop complaining about the Flyers, BigCity is right, the Flames are in the same boat that the Flyers were in 2 years ago. So instead of complaining about teams, Think of ways you can improve your own team. Cmon let the kids play





AMEN!
RedHotChiliPeppers
 

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby #18 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:52 am

lets just all chill and let the kids have some fun good luck to all competing teams
#18
 

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby mntwins05 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:14 pm

AC-DC wrote:The Flyers rolled into town with 18 kids on the road, probably left a few behind, and the Flames only have 8. Shame on them and shame on the NDAHA for letting it happen. This typifies exactly why I started this topic and proves that it's not about competition and playing the game, but solely about winning. The HDAHA needs to do something about leveling the competition, because what we have now is a farce.



All hail AC-DC maybe we should elect you president of the world, and get you a big coffee mug that says "THE BOSS". Maybe the next thing the NDAHA should do is remove all the scoreboards in the arenas so there are no winners and losers. I have news for you, in POND HOCKEY there are winners and losers. I would really like to know just how many of your sons play for Crosby, all i hear about is you trying to limit the clubs that actually have a shot at winning this year.I f your small town team cant muster up enough skaters to fuel a program, then it's a bad situation and i feel sorry for the kids that want to play. But this isnt even the case, these west teams have the NDAHA RECOGNIZED AMOUNT OF PLAYERS NECASSARY to have a team. Its this thing called a range, ya see when your in this special zone your team is allowed to play legally, and last i checked Grand Forks and Fargo fall comfortably in said range along with these small town teams (no doubt you're referring to Crosby). All this is, is whining from small town parents who are angry because the flyers just came in and ripped them to pieces. And shame on the flyers??? for what?? having a nucleous of players/freinds who realized that they just wanted to play together and have fun. This is a cycle, like what has been posted a thousand times above me, the flyers are great this year, but they'll lose a lot of players at the end of the season. You dont even realize that the flames and flyers aren't affiliated, they dont like each other at all. Players didnt want to play for the flames because it's not where their freinds are. Winning was not the determinant here i can assure you, these kids just wanted to play together for one great season. Shouldn't we really be happy that the flyers, who just showed up on the JG circut, are getting enough numbers to produce quality teams. This team is going to graduate a large amount of seniors, simliar to the amount langdon had last year.

The point is the rules are set, changing them is just not something that should happen during the season, or anytime soon.

Let the kids play.
mntwins05
 

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby WPower » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:30 pm

The only thing that I don't really agree with is the players from minnesota being allowed to play, because I mean if we're going to go by the fairness route, Fargo is the only team that really has an oppurtunity to "recruit" players from another state, which I think is an unfair advantage.
WPower
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:12 am

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby BenchRanger » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:35 pm

Being able to keep kids playing in the hockey system is the main goal for the Junior Gold program. If there is a shortage of players, as in Crosby's case, you do have the option of not having a team for that year. I hurts the kids, but in all honesty, who cares? It seems like the parents are the ones that are whining about the number of players each team has, how unfair it is that they can come to their town with a full roster and dominate the game. GROW UP!!!!! All the kids care about is getting on the ice and having the opportunity to keep playing the game that they love. I have been on the recieving end of many butt whoopings, but all I cared about is if my kids had fun. If they are playing because their mom or dad said the have to, I have one suggestion for them, QUIT. I does not help your team nor does it help the Junior Gold program. I want parents to ask their children one question, " Are you having fun playing Hockey?" Don't blame the coach, don't blame the other kids on the team, and don't blame the other team that comes into town and plays you, if you child says,"no, I am not having fun."

By the way, Estevan is only 45 minutes away. I'll bet that they are willing to help a hockey program that is in need.

Just my 2 pennies. I don't like complainers.
User avatar
BenchRanger
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:08 pm

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby JGFan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:40 am

Keep in mind, the FM area sponsors 10 high school teams: varsity and JV at North, South, West Fargo, Shanley, and Moorhead. Plus 3 Junior Gold teams: Moorhead, Flames, and flyers. The JG are the "leftovers" or those who chose not to play in the school system. So with 13 teams to fill, these are not the "cream of the crop", but those who are not able to make high school, or are placed on a team at a position they get no playing time and chose to not be a bench warmer. when you say there are too many players in the big city, you are talking about literally hundreds of kids placed before JG kids.

By the way, adding Moorhead players in Fargo means kids not making the 2 Moorhead high school teams and also cut from Mooorhead JG. this is really the last resort for both sides: the last chance to play for these kids, and a few warm bodies for the team that accepts them.. I think this is great for both sides, not an unfair "recruiting advantage".
JGFan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:26 pm

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby AC-DC » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:03 am

mntwins05 wrote:All hail AC-DC maybe we should elect you president of the world, and get you a big coffee mug that says "THE BOSS".


This topic started long before the season and was not aimed at any one team in particular. I was just stating my opinion and starting a debate. I obviously succedded on that point. There is no need to make the debate personal. Enough said there.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be winners or losers, just some balance in the league. That's why you have different classes in other high school sports. JG is outside the school system and the last resort for some players, so maybe you need to be more creative. I still think there is a case for roster limits, to at least even up the number of skaters in any one game. With that, maybe GF would still have 2 teams and the Fargo teams would be more balanced this year. I'm not suggesting we change anything mid-season, but the NDAHA should at least consider it for next.

Not that it's anyones business, but I have 2 sons playing JG for the Comets. Sure, I say let them play, but let them play a fair game.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby #18 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:46 am

There are two fargo teams and they never have been balanced. Last year the flames werent good but they some how won state
#18
 

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby AC-DC » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:37 pm

#18 wrote:There are two fargo teams and they never have been balanced. Last year the flames werent good but they some how won state


That's fine if it were just a city league, then it would be their call. Since they're wanting to compete with the rest of the state, then maybe it's something the state's governing body should consider.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby RedHotChiliPeppers » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:15 am

AC-DC wrote:
#18 wrote:There are two fargo teams and they never have been balanced. Last year the flames werent good but they some how won state


That's fine if it were just a city league, then it would be their call. Since they're wanting to compete with the rest of the state, then maybe it's something the state's governing body should consider.



So your saying that they should split the kids up on the flames and flyers, just because your team, (crosby) cant beat them? I dont understand why you would separate friends for that reason.
RedHotChiliPeppers
 

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby AC-DC » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:43 am

RedHotChiliPeppers wrote:
AC-DC wrote:
#18 wrote:There are two fargo teams and they never have been balanced. Last year the flames werent good but they some how won state


That's fine if it were just a city league, then it would be their call. Since they're wanting to compete with the rest of the state, then maybe it's something the state's governing body should consider.



So your saying that they should split the kids up on the flames and flyers, just because your team, (crosby) cant beat them? I dont understand why you would separate friends for that reason.


Actually, we did beat the Flames, but I've purposely not gloated over that like the Flyers have over everyone else. I have to give the Flames credit for having the guts to play with only 8 kids.

Friendship may be one thing, but there comes a point when the team balance is a joke and is not conducive to fair competition. From the outside, it looks like the “friends” just got together to ridicule the rest of the league. That’s the problem. We’re obviously not going to solve the problem here, just trying to state my opinion and raise the awareness.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:22 am

"We are not going to solve the problem here", thank you for saying that.

Obviously not a perfect set-up, but hopefully all the players can get beyond that and have a fun a rewarding experience playing competative hockey.
User avatar
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2115
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 am
Location: Fargo

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby justahockeymom » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:00 pm

Ok I'm going to answer back to a few of the comments made up above. First you are correct Fargo Flames were not great last year but see that was the problem everyone wrote them off and said they could beat them. Then what happened was a few of the teams played just a few of the top players and Fargo Flames never did that they kept playing the kids as they played them throughout the season. That is why they won state because they all had determination. Second of all I think the whole thing saying that Fargo Flames and Fargo Flyers do not like each other at all only a select few of the people don't like each other. I happen to be friends with quite a few of the parents on the Fargo Flyer JG team, and nothing better I love to see is when my son and friends of his that he knowse on that team can see each other and shake hands and leave the game behind them as I do with the parents, I think letting the game of hockey get in the way of friendship is about the most a$$ nine thing I have ever heard of. Personally I think it is great that my child and theres are playing hockey. Whether it be on the same team or against each other. This weekend again we had our butts handed to us we started with 7 players on Friday and now have one out for 6 weeks with a broken collar bone and ended the weekend with 9 on the bench. Also are kids never gave up they got tired but never gave up. Oh and yes they are all legal to play and for the question about the MN players yes one is rostered again with us and thank goodness he is because he is a great kid and an exceptional player but most of all he gets to play. So obviously there is a Flyer Junior Gold player on the site here all I ask is instead of being negative about the two teams not getting along make your glass half full and try to get along I do beleive we have great kids and great parents that want to see all of you kids skate.
justahockeymom
 

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:47 pm

[quote="justahockeymom"]Ok I'm going to answer back to a few of the comments made up above. First you are correct Fargo Flames were not great last year but see that was the problem everyone wrote them off and said they could beat them. Then what happened was a few of the teams played just a few of the top players and Fargo Flames never did that they kept playing the kids as they played them throughout the season. That is why they won state because they all had determination. Second of all I think the whole thing saying that Fargo Flames and Fargo Flyers do not like each other at all only a select few of the people don't like each other.

They won state because Jandro got HOT HOT HOT, and their top players scored at opportune times. No one will argue against the fact Jandro played phenomonal in the state tournament. They got great goaltending and key goals in games. You are right no one expected them to win the state tournament. That is why you play the games. They won state, they earned it and deserved it, regardless of everyone crying, they cheated!!! Hats off to that team and hats off to the Flames team this season for battling through adversity so far this season! They will be better players because of it in the long run.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:53 pm

That's fine if it were just a city league, then it would be their call. Since they're wanting to compete with the rest of the state, then maybe it's something the state's governing body should consider.[/quote]

The state should consider doing what?? They signed up for an organization that is recognized by North Dakota Amateur Hockey. The Flyers bantam A & B teams have been in the State Championship game 4 years in a row, I suppose the state should do something about that also..........

Actually, we did beat the Flames, but I've purposely not gloated over that like the Flyers have over everyone else. I have to give the Flames credit for having the guts to play with only 8 kids.
Friendship may be one thing, but there comes a point when the team balance is a joke and is not conducive to fair competition. From the outside, it looks like the “friends” just got together to ridicule the rest of the league.

A 3-2 win over a team of 6 players would not be reason to gloat, just as the kids from the Flyers who are on here gloating over a 24-2 win over Crosby should not be doing that either....

Ridicule the league?? no, they have been successful at every level they played at, a majority of them played against one another in the Bantam B-1 championship game 3 seasons ago when the 2 flyers teams played to a 3-ot championship game against one another. The ridiculous thing is arguing on a message board about how 1 team is better than your son's team so they should be dismantled.

Grand Forks Red River and Fargo South are arguably the top 2 high school teams of the past few years, they beat up on Wahpeton and Fargo Shanley, and others..... they apparently are ridiculing the rest of the league. Maybe south should be forced to dismantle and send kids to Shanley and North, or Red River should be forced to send kids to Central. BHS is better than Century this year, they should be forced to split up and send kids to balance it out....... Come on........

The point of this message board is to set up and spark conversation. AC-DC complains that the Fargo kids are on here acting silly, which they are.... Just like the other kids from other towns, except it is okay because the other teams did not beat Crosby 24-2.

The Walsh County aka Park River team has been beating up on teams as well, next thing will be that their kids need to be going to play High School in Grafton and shouldn't be ridiculing the league by beating teams 10-1 or 12-1 or 15-1 for that matter.......
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby dcs01 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:18 pm

were not going to change the leauge if a team is blowing away other teams great for them that usually happens every year
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:54 pm

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:37 pm

dcs01 wrote:were not going to change the leauge if a team is blowing away other teams great for them that usually happens every year



Very True, last year Langdon beat up on everyone. They had a very good team.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby dcs01 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:41 pm

yes we did and we still lost just goes to show anything can happen come state time
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:54 pm

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:45 pm

dcs01 wrote:yes we did and we still lost just goes to show anything can happen come state time


Absolutely!
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby AC-DC » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:04 pm

I’m not really sure what part of that tirade above to respond to, but I’ll try what I can with out firing up too many tempers.

I don’t believe I ever stated that any team should be dismantled. I’ve mainly advocated lower roster limits to at least even up the numbers in the game. This would also probably have the effect of balancing the rosters on the city teams. And yes, this could apply to Bantams, etc. as well.

Looks like we succeeded in sparking the conversation! I know I've been guilty of getting sucked into the stupidity. Let's just try and keep it under control.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby hockeystar11 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:28 pm

seriosly dude just drop the roster limits.
your not gonna do anything about it and it just makes people amgry.
so get over the fact that crosby cant muster up a full team.
i had 10 kids on my bantam team back in the day and we went 27-1.
i believe we beat crosby 33-1 that year.
and alicia power was your best player.
hockeystar11
 

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby dcfan24 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:05 am

hockeystar11 wrote:seriosly dude just drop the roster limits.
your not gonna do anything about it and it just stuff people off.
so get over the fact that crosby cant muster up a full team.
i had 10 kids on my bantam team back in the day and we went 27-1.
i believe we beat crosby 33-1 that year.
and alicia power was your best player.


What year was this that you beat Crosby 33-1? Because you must have been in Bantam B3, or B2, and Crosby lost to Fargo teams beat Crosby 6-1 in Bismarck at state. And from looking back in state tournament books that is the only time that Fargo played a Crosby team in Bantams. So keep bragging yourself up, your still not top of the high school league
dcfan24
 

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby bigcityhockey » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:18 am

What year was this that you beat Crosby 33-1? Because you must have been in Bantam B3, or B2, and Crosby lost to Fargo teams beat Crosby 6-1 in Bismarck at state. And from looking back in state tournament books that is the only time that Fargo played a Crosby team in Bantams. So keep bragging yourself up, your still not top of the high school league[/quote]

Hate to break it to you hockeystar11 is not from Fargo. Actually I believe he is from Langdon, and even he is tired of hearing about how there should be roster limits, etc....
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Re: Big City Clubs

Postby AC-DC » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:17 am

The reality is that Jr Gold is the bottom line “let everyone else play league”. With a lot of teams struggling to keep 12 players, why would you let any team load up the bench with 20? Right off the top you give up nearly a 2 line advantage so even an average big team can wear down the smaller one. I think there has already been enough said about adding players that should be at a higher level to this mix.

The state has a similar issue in high school football where they should probably be looking at a 6-man league. Fortunately, Crosby/Divide County is on the bigger side on that one, but I’ve still been advocating 6-man for smaller schools.

The points presented about some of the kids on the smaller teams not making the bigger rosters are probably correct, but at least they’re playing. I’m sure a lot of kids with lesser talent in the cities just quit. Although sad, that’s not my point to argue. Mine is to promote fair play for those that are playing.

All I’m saying is we need to keep an open mind, because the alternative is losing more teams. With a little bit of creativity, maybe we could even inspire more teams.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

PreviousNext

Return to NDAHA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests