Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

throughout the state

Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby AC-DC » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:17 am

So, who thinks they have the best Jr Gold team this year?

Langdon had their glory year last year, with a shed load of seniors.

Watford City and Richland have goalie issues.

Crosby has a couple of exchange students, but lost one player to basketball (benchwarmer) and another to Minot (JV?).

What's the status of Rugby and Mayport?

Anyone know about Park River?
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby jkaiz » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:51 pm

the kid from crosby going to minot will be playing varsity
jkaiz
 

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby AC-DC » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:41 pm

jkaiz wrote:the kid from crosby going to minot will be playing varsity


Good call, and I wish him all the best. It's just a shame he felt that's what he needed to do to be competitive.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby bigcityhockey » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:36 pm

Why is it a shame? If he feels that his best chance to move on to the next level of hockey is to go play HS varsity hockey for this year then that is good for him.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby AC-DC » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:06 pm

bigcityhockey wrote:Why is it a shame? If he feels that his best chance to move on to the next level of hockey is to go play HS varsity hockey for this year then that is good for him.


The shame is that he can't get the respect and recognition he deserves by playing for his hometown team. It's one thing to move between club and school teams in the same town, but to actually have to move to a city is another. This is a high school kid, not college or pro, that had to leave his family and friends behind. It's yet another errosion of the small town. That is a shame!
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby flyersgold08 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:52 am

I say flyers are looking at being a big contender this year.
flyersgold08
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:42 am

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby hockeystar11 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:11 am

fargo always in it...
hence the population
hockeystar11
 

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby AC-DC » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:04 pm

flyersgold08 wrote:I say flyers are looking at being a big contender this year.


So Fargo is stacking the Flyers this year instead of the Flames. Who cares? It's like a AAA football team playing 9-man. Where is the competition or satisfaction in that?
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby dcfan24 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:06 pm

flyersgold08 wrote:I say flyers are looking at being a big contender this year.


The Flyers team if NDAHA doesn't do something about them will win state for sure. They will have no close games the whole season, and will win the state game by 5+ goals
dcfan24
 

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:24 am

If NDAHA doesnt do something about it???? Lets clear up some miscommunication and "bullspit" about the Fargo Flyers before you spread more of your propoganda regarding slamming big city clubs and the Fargo Flyers.

The Fargo Flyers and Fargo Flames are INDEPENDENT hockey organizations in Fargo. The Flyers team is a team under the Flyer Affiliation same as Squirts, PeeWees, and Bantams. The Flames are their own entity. Regarding "stacking" a team? They held registration and tryouts, just as other teams do. Where were the complainers when this same Fargo Flyer team went 0-18, THATS right 0-18 in league in their inaugural season with only 9 skaters to start the year. They lost to Langdon and the Fargo Flames 15-1 each that year and didnt complain, they got beat running time by everyone, nealry every game, no complaints..... Get your info straight before you spew your crap on a website. Let's look at some FACTS.

2004-2005 Fargo Flyers
Bantam A-1 Runner-Up
Bantam B-1 Champion
Bantam B-1 Runner-Up
2005-2006 Fargo Flyers
Bantam A-1 Runner-Up
Bantam B-1 Runner-Up
2006-2007 Fargo Flyers
Bantam A-1 Champions
Bantam B-1 Champions
Junior Gold 3rd place league, 14-4 league record (lost only to Langdon and Watford City)

Maybe they have a LOT of good kids to choose from even after South High School makes their cuts. 7 players on this Fargo Flyers Junior Gold team played on the 0-18 team, and 12 players from last years team returning. They didn't "stack" the team, they worked their tails off, improved, and now they are on top. It's a cycle. Anyone with any knowledge of the junior gold league knew the Flyers were going to be good this year, ask most of the coaches in the league. They predicted it. Just as Langdon had their SR's year last year, the Flyers have a lot of Sr's this year.

They have some kids who decided that just because they did not make the High School that their hockey career shouldn't be over and worked to be the best at their level. They have played 1 weekend and all of a sudden, oh, the state better do something about the Flyers. Do something about work ethic and committed hockey players????
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby JRgoldfan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:59 am

bigcityhockey wrote:If NDAHA doesnt do something about it???? Lets clear up some miscommunication and "bullspit" about the Fargo Flyers before you spread more of your propoganda regarding slamming big city clubs and the Fargo Flyers.

The Fargo Flyers and Fargo Flames are INDEPENDENT hockey organizations in Fargo. The Flyers team is a team under the Flyer Affiliation same as Squirts, PeeWees, and Bantams. The Flames are their own entity. Regarding "stacking" a team? They held registration and tryouts, just as other teams do. Where were the complainers when this same Fargo Flyer team went 0-18, THATS right 0-18 in league in their inaugural season with only 9 skaters to start the year. They lost to Langdon and the Fargo Flames 15-1 each that year and didnt complain, they got beat running time by everyone, nealry every game, no complaints..... Get your info straight before you spew your crap on a website. Let's look at some FACTS.

2004-2005 Fargo Flyers
Bantam A-1 Runner-Up
Bantam B-1 Champion
Bantam B-1 Runner-Up
2005-2006 Fargo Flyers
Bantam A-1 Runner-Up
Bantam B-1 Runner-Up
2006-2007 Fargo Flyers
Bantam A-1 Champions
Bantam B-1 Champions
Junior Gold 3rd place league, 14-4 league record (lost only to Langdon and Watford City)

Maybe they have a LOT of good kids to choose from even after South High School makes their cuts. 7 players on this Fargo Flyers Junior Gold team played on the 0-18 team, and 12 players from last years team returning. They didn't "stack" the team, they worked their tails off, improved, and now they are on top. It's a cycle. Anyone with any knowledge of the junior gold league knew the Flyers were going to be good this year, ask most of the coaches in the league. They predicted it. Just as Langdon had their SR's year last year, the Flyers have a lot of Sr's this year.

They have some kids who decided that just because they did not make the High School that their hockey career shouldn't be over and worked to be the best at their level. They have played 1 weekend and all of a sudden, oh, the state better do something about the Flyers. Do something about work ethic and committed hockey players????



Everything BigCity is saying is true, the only thing he didn't mention is the fact that the Flyers recruited/attracted 3 players from the Fargo Flames.

But he's right everything goes in cycles, atleast Fargo still has 2 teams, unlike GF, who apparently had to have only 1 team w/ 23 players (and how many kids in GF are now being denied a place to play, because the GF teams couldn't play w/ 11 & 12 man rosters for awhile, until high schools made their final cuts.)
JRgoldfan
 

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:53 pm


Everything BigCity is saying is true, the only thing he didn't mention is the fact that the Flyers recruited/attracted 3 players from the Fargo Flames.


Recruited/attracted 3 players from the fargo flames??? You should ask those kids why they signed up for Flyers. No one mentioned that 2 of them played for the Flyers in Bantams and wanted to be with their friends again. 1 of them would have played Flyers last year if he did not have a brother on the Flames. a 2nd kid was a Flyer in Bantams and the only reason he left Flyers in the first place was they had too many goalies and Flames did not have a goalie. The 3rd player you said was recruited/attracted said he would not play Flames, that was all. These boys are all friends, they wanted to play together, that is all.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby Baller » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:00 pm

bigcityhockey wrote:
Everything BigCity is saying is true, the only thing he didn't mention is the fact that the Flyers recruited/attracted 3 players from the Fargo Flames.


Recruited/attracted 3 players from the fargo flames??? You should ask those kids why they signed up for Flyers. No one mentioned that 2 of them played for the Flyers in Bantams and wanted to be with their friends again. 1 of them would have played Flyers last year if he did not have a brother on the Flames. a 2nd kid was a Flyer in Bantams and the only reason he left Flyers in the first place was they had too many goalies and Flames did not have a goalie. The 3rd player you said was recruited/attracted said he would not play Flames, that was all. These boys are all friends, they wanted to play together, that is all.


I am new to the club hockey scene..What is the difference between flyers and flames? Is it north fargo/south fargo? Just wondering...most of the kids I see are wearing flyers stuff and I don't see much flames stuff?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby flyersgold08 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:40 pm

I am new to the club hockey scene..What is the difference between flyers and flames? Is it north fargo/south fargo? Just wondering...most of the kids I see are wearing flyers stuff and I don't see much flames stuff?

No its not a north or south sort of thing, anyone from the area can join either of these teams. The reason you probably see more flyers stuff is because the flyers is a bigger organization for all ages, unlike the flames.


So Fargo is stacking the Flyers this year instead of the Flames. Who cares? It's like a AAA football team playing 9-man. Where is the competition or satisfaction in that?

Most of the kids who are on this years roster, are the same kids from 3 years ago when everyone walked all over them. These players have proggressed over the years and are lookin at having a good year. So now you're calling them stacked?? Some new players have come this year to join our organization, for whatever their reasons. I know that some of the new kids came because of friends, some came because they didnt like the way south ran its hockey program, and so on.
Every club gets or expects to get new players each year. And we let them be apart of our programs, because jg. gold is a league for kids to keep playing hockey. For some it is an alternative for their highschool teams, and for other places that is the only organization offered. The reason we are all apart of these teams, is because we love hockey.
flyersgold08
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:42 am

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby mntwins05 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:13 pm

I have to say the flyers, great first line and the best goalie in the state in Jandro. Underrated D too for them, saltvet or whatever (21) hits like a drunk bobby knight, and kennedy (18) seems to do alright for himself. What are they gonna be like next year though? i believe their first 2 lines are all seniors, who's gonna step up to replace laraway??
mntwins05
 

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby sports03 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:39 pm

from what i have heard that saltvet or w/e i believe it's seltvedt is a junior... AC-DC i see you are really pulling for those crosby kids and from what i've heard around the league they all are extremely bad and they can't hit like you say that one kid can. i have seen that number (21) play and he hits harder than what you make out those crappy crosby kids, lets see how they perform at state cause i know seltvedt played for the flames last year and they won state so i want to see some of those crosby kids do it this year if it's even possible after that embarassing loss to the flyers they took, and dont say the flames were good last year cause if i remember they didn't beat any of the teams they faced at state all year till the tourney. i've been told if they went to that flyers team they'd be cut or play fourth line.
sports03
 

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby dcfan24 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:52 am

sports03 wrote:from what i have heard that saltvet or w/e i believe it's seltvedt is a junior... AC-DC i see you are really pulling for those crosby kids and from what i've heard around the league they all are extremely bad and they can't hit like you say that one kid can. i have seen that number (21) play and he hits harder than what you make out those crappy crosby kids, lets see how they perform at state cause i know seltvedt played for the flames last year and they won state so i want to see some of those crosby kids do it this year if it's even possible after that embarassing loss to the flyers they took, and dont say the flames were good last year cause if i remember they didn't beat any of the teams they faced at state all year till the tourney. i've been told if they went to that flyers team they'd be cut or play fourth line.


At least the whole Fargo Flyer team didnt make accounts just to brag, and argue with the members on this site. He is just saying that Crosby has some good skaters. By the way if the refs were not retarded Seltvedt or whatever should have been kicked out of the WC game. When he threw down his gloves and went after Samuelson at the end of the game. That is supposed to be a game misconduct.
dcfan24
 

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby sports03 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:22 pm

sports03 wrote:
from what i have heard that saltvet or w/e i believe it's seltvedt is a junior... AC-DC i see you are really pulling for those crosby kids and from what i've heard around the league they all are extremely bad and they can't hit like you say that one kid can. i have seen that number (21) play and he hits harder than what you make out those crappy crosby kids, lets see how they perform at state cause i know seltvedt played for the flames last year and they won state so i want to see some of those crosby kids do it this year if it's even possible after that embarassing loss to the flyers they took, and dont say the flames were good last year cause if i remember they didn't beat any of the teams they faced at state all year till the tourney. i've been told if they went to that flyers team they'd be cut or play fourth line.

At least the whole Fargo Flyer team didnt make accounts just to brag, and argue with the members on this site. He is just saying that Crosby has some good skaters. By the way if the refs were not retarded Seltvedt or whatever should have been kicked out of the WC game. When he threw down his gloves and went after Samuelson at the end of the game. That is supposed to be a game misconduct.



i talked to seltvedt about this comment and he never dropped his gloves on samuelson... samuelson dropped his gloves on connor perkins after the flames beat them in the semi-final game at state... so please get your facts straight about whats going on... and also maybe you should think about what watford said to that flames team and everyone else in state and calling them cheaters after they beat them... i've been told your from langdon dc
sports03
 

Re: Best Jr Gold team 2007 - 08

Postby rep » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:28 pm

closed
rep
 


Return to NDAHA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest