Grafton - Park River

throughout the state

Grafton - Park River

Postby AC-DC » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:07 am

I see that Park River has a Jr Gold team this year. Is there some discontent with the Grafton co-op or is there suddenly more kids wanting to play?
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby brownbomber » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:10 pm

more kids are wanting to play from what i heard they have like 35 -40 kids for high school and i think they take from 20 kids for high school
I am what I am
User avatar
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby gtown #1 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:55 pm

the kids that arnt playing for grafton wouldnt make the team except for may be the goalie thats y plus ppl from pr hate grafton anyway
gtown #1
 

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby farmerjoe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:08 am

My cousin is on the board in PR and he said that they have alot of kids getting cut from the HS team, I think he said like 40 kids trying out. They have actually been trying to get team for the last 3 years but just didnt work out in the end. Hopefully they can keep it going after the next 3 years, From what I understand they have a whole pile of sophomores and juniors.
farmerjoe
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby Unity77 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:00 pm

First of all, IF people from Park River really hate Grafton, it probably has to do with some inferiority complex. Secondly, if Park River wants to leave, I wish them well because PR needs Grafton more than Grafton needs them. Who would PR eventually form a co-op with because they won't be able to compete alone? Seriously, would they hope to form a co-op with... Fordville, Lankin, Pisek, and Langdon?

I could be wrong, but there were few, if any, PR players on the last championship team.

Who was the last descent player to come out of PR anyway... Markusen?
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby hockeystar11 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:03 pm

i believe cody boyle is on first line varsity.
hockeystar11
 

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby Unity77 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:06 pm

farmerjoe wrote:My cousin is on the board in PR and he said that they have alot of kids getting cut from the HS team, I think he said like 40 kids trying out. They have actually been trying to get team for the last 3 years but just didnt work out in the end. Hopefully they can keep it going after the next 3 years, From what I understand they have a whole pile of sophomores and juniors.


I'm assuming you mean 40 guys from all the schools that participate in the co-op, including Grafton, Park River, Minto, Drayton, etc...
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby sports03 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:46 pm

i've played some good park river teams unity they've had good teams by themself but thats what i've seen when i've played them
sports03
 

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby Shoot! » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:18 pm

Unity77 wrote:First of all, IF people from Park River really hate Grafton, it probably has to do with some inferiority complex. Secondly, if Park River wants to leave, I wish them well because PR needs Grafton more than Grafton needs them. Who would PR eventually form a co-op with because they won't be able to compete alone? Seriously, would they hope to form a co-op with... Fordville, Lankin, Pisek, and Langdon?

I could be wrong, but there were few, if any, PR players on the last championship team.

Who was the last descent player to come out of PR anyway... Markusen?


John Ostenrude (sp) in '05 i think
Shoot!
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:24 am

John Ostenrude (sp) in '05 i think[/quote]

Maybe Cody Boyle and Tyler Vold who are both on the Grafton Varsity this year........
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby hockeyman7 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:57 pm

The reason PR kids don't like going to Grafton is because over in Grafton all that the coaches look at is your last name. its all politics over there, they don't judge by talent, especially this coach, hes been here 3 years and 3 years in a row they have gotten 4th
hockeyman7
 

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby hockeystar11 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:24 pm

thats one of the reasons im not even gonna bother playing there next year.
hockeystar11
 

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby #18 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:25 am

it happens at every high school get used to it
#18
 

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby Sportshound » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:59 pm

Work hard and you will play. Play good hockey and you will get playing time.
Blow everyone away and show them you are good and you will play. Politics? In youth hockey-- but in HS hockey-- you need to be a producer/payer, to get on the ice. Just the facts.
Don't whine-- get better.. then they can't NOT play you....
Just some advice for any of you out there. That is how it works-- in HS and College. Most all sports are the same. If you are good, good attitude, good team player and skilled you will play. Coaches want to win as much as the kids.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:27 am
Location: North Dakota,USA

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby ndfan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:22 am

hockeyman7 wrote:The reason PR kids don't like going to Grafton is because over in Grafton all that the coaches look at is your last name. its all politics over there, they don't judge by talent, especially this coach, hes been here 3 years and 3 years in a row they have gotten 4th


Because everyone knows if they had more Park River kids they would place higher then 4th... Good one.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:21 am

hockeyman7 wrote:The reason PR kids don't like going to Grafton is because over in Grafton all that the coaches look at is your last name. its all politics over there, they don't judge by talent, especially this coach, hes been here 3 years and 3 years in a row they have gotten 4th

HAHA if these last 3 years are the first time youve delt with politics i am jelous of you!!! try doing it pee-wee through senior year, if you got a name you will play but the best part about sports is that hard work in most cases comes through and hardwork beats talent evertime talent dosnt work hard! and the cream always rises to the top so maybe it is political or maybe he/she really dosnt have any potential, if GPR starts to dilute their team maybe it wont be any more 3rds or 4ths in the edc maybe it will be 6ths and 7ths
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby RedHotChiliPeppers » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Sportshound wrote:Work hard and you will play. Play good hockey and you will get playing time.
Blow everyone away and show them you are good and you will play. Politics? In youth hockey-- but in HS hockey-- you need to be a producer/payer, to get on the ice. Just the facts.
Don't whine-- get better.. then they can't NOT play you....
Just some advice for any of you out there. That is how it works-- in HS and College. Most all sports are the same. If you are good, good attitude, good team player and skilled you will play. Coaches want to win as much as the kids.


ok donn......
RedHotChiliPeppers
 

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby LB22 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:19 am

the politics my not show in the younger levels but its just as bad. Coaches pick a handful of kids and work with them the most. Of course there going to be better by the time they hit highschool because they have twice the ice time that those other kids were getting. Yes hard work does get you places, but a last name helps alot too.
LB22
 

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby Unity77 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:58 pm

hockeyman7 wrote:The reason PR kids don't like going to Grafton is because over in Grafton all that the coaches look at is your last name. its all politics over there, they don't judge by talent, especially this coach, hes been here 3 years and 3 years in a row they have gotten 4th


What a load of crap! Are you saying the guys who aren't making the team (from either Grafton or Park River) would help GPR get past 4th at the state tournament? The fact that GPR ended getting 4th has to do with the players (attitudes), not the coach. There was no reason, other than attitudes, that led to GPR losing to Devils Lake last year. A coach wants to win just as badly as the players do so if he/she sees talent, the player will make it; no matter what their last name happens to be.

This is all about players (and their pathetic parents) thinking they deserve a chance no matter what factors are involved. They get mad and then up with a big chip on their shoulder. Good luck in the real world.

edited by moderator
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:57 pm

I'd figure more that it is the fact that Devils Lake wanted to take 3rd, GPR wanted to be in the Championship game. When they lost to South they could care less what happened. Hard work beats skill when skill doesn't work hard.
Image
User avatar
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: USA

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby hockeyman7 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:12 pm

I have seen it happen more than once that when someones kid isn't getting to play they go complain to the coach, the coach is worried about being disliked so he lets that kid play more. One of the best coaches that Grafton Park River had was Scott Robodiuex and he got fired because parents didn't like him because their kids didn't get to play. It wasn't just Grafton parents there was some Park River parents too. Scott was one of the smartest coaches I have ever seen and he coached his team like he should've and he payed for it in the end
hockeyman7
 

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby LB22 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:17 pm

hockeyman7 wrote:I have seen it happen more than once that when someones kid isn't getting to play they go complain to the coach, the coach is worried about being disliked so he lets that kid play more. One of the best coaches that Grafton Park River had was Scott Robodiuex and he got fired because parents didn't like him because their kids didn't get to play. It wasn't just Grafton parents there was some Park River parents too. Scott was one of the smartest coaches I have ever seen and he coached his team like he should've and he payed for it in the end



Yes Scott was very good coach, but you got that backwards. He got fired because he played everyone, and the parents that thought that their kids should be out there more, were the ones who complained.
LB22
 

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby baseball007 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:34 pm

LB22 wrote:
hockeyman7 wrote:I have seen it happen more than once that when someones kid isn't getting to play they go complain to the coach, the coach is worried about being disliked so he lets that kid play more. One of the best coaches that Grafton Park River had was Scott Robodiuex and he got fired because parents didn't like him because their kids didn't get to play. It wasn't just Grafton parents there was some Park River parents too. Scott was one of the smartest coaches I have ever seen and he coached his team like he should've and he payed for it in the end



Yes Scott was very good coach, but you got that backwards. He got fired because he played everyone, and the parents that thought that their kids should be out there more, were the ones who complained.



acutally you both got it backwards.....he resigned after two years, he didn't get fired.
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:44 pm

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:31 pm

baseball007 wrote:
LB22 wrote:
hockeyman7 wrote:I have seen it happen more than once that when someones kid isn't getting to play they go complain to the coach, the coach is worried about being disliked so he lets that kid play more. One of the best coaches that Grafton Park River had was Scott Robodiuex and he got fired because parents didn't like him because their kids didn't get to play. It wasn't just Grafton parents there was some Park River parents too. Scott was one of the smartest coaches I have ever seen and he coached his team like he should've and he payed for it in the end

Yes Scott was very good coach, but you got that backwards. He got fired because he played everyone, and the parents that thought that their kids should be out there more, were the ones who complained.

acutally you both got it backwards.....he resigned after two years, he didn't get fired.


Not to disrupt the argument regarding why the Grafton coach of a couple years ago is not there anymore, but I thought I'd get back to the NDAHA part of this forum and the Walsh County (Park River) team. Are there any players on the team from outside of Park River, that were not always a part of the Park River program? What was the point behind calling them Walsh County and not Park River?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Grafton - Park River

Postby LB22 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:05 am

Not to disrupt the argument regarding why the Grafton coach of a couple years ago is not there anymore, but I thought I'd get back to the NDAHA part of this forum and the Walsh County (Park River) team. Are there any players on the team from outside of Park River, that were not always a part of the Park River program? What was the point behind calling them Walsh County and not Park River?[/quote]

There is one kid from Fordville, who played for park river when he was younger then didnt play for a couple years.... 5 kids from Grafton, and 1 from adams.
LB22
 

Next

Return to NDAHA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests