top players

Teams of the West Region

Re: top players

Postby Bud225 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:40 pm

Both of minots goalies have bad rebound control their definitely not better than stiefel and saying Minot doesn't have a good team is a stretch, they have a lot of speed and their defensemen help the goalies out quite a bit.
Bud225
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:37 pm

well we will get to see them match up tomorrow night. should be a good one
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Grinder » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Goalies- Butz and I like Yatskis but he tends to be a little streaky, also Hanson from Century has good numbers I have never seen him play though.

Forwards- Millican, Aide, Holmen, I havent seen the Fuchs or Morelli kids but they have pretty good stats so I will throw them in too. I have not seen the Olson kid from H/B but he does lead the state in scoring.

Dmen- Rauhauser is at the top hands down, Longie and Kihle are both solid, Martelle is a solid dman also.
Grinder
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hkyfan4life » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:07 pm

H/B has the number 1 and number 4 spot in leading scorers right now, but they have played more games than most of the other teams. These two boys will need to stay strong because some teams have a full schedule coming up. Hazen's schedule is starting to slow down. Like I said before Olson and Murschel when they are on the ice look out they just know how to play together. One of those things you just have to wait and see.
hkyfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Hockey » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:02 pm

MJ4UND wrote:I am not sure you can put Brooks in that catergory yet. I believe he needs to prove himself against better competition. The score from the holiday tournaments don't support that assumption. Look at his save percentage, not elite.

I am not sure you can look at save percentages from the holiday tourney to determine whether brooks is a good goaltender or not. I've heard from a few people who listened to the Bott vs. Their River game on the internet, and they said all that was said about bott was how good their goalie was playing and how much their goalie was keeping them in the game. Bott was outplayed in every aspect in all three games they played against pretty tough opponents, especially Theif River and Hermantown. bott is a good team and has a lot of skilled players but they do not always play consistently well in the defensive zone. I think bott makes too many costly mistakes in the defensively which could cost them a big game.
ND Hockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Hockey » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:47 pm

*mistakes defensively*
ND Hockey
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to WDA