Goalie, Defense, Offense

Teams of the West Region

Re: Goalie, Defense, Offense

Postby ih8gophers » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm

People always make up excuses for losing and it's not just teams losing to Bottineau cause its a hard place to play. I agree it probably is real hard place to play but not for me being I grew up and played there. That being said there are plenty of teams making excuses for losing to one another examples Century losing to BHS in the stadstad, H/B tying BHS or people complaining about homer refs in Minot. There always is and always will be excuses for losing but it doesn't really matter cause in the end 1 team wins and the other doesn't plain and simple.

Should be an interesting last couple weeks of the season Bottineau and Century play 2 times, BHS and Century have 1 more game, and Bottineau and Minot have one 1 more.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Goalie, Defense, Offense

Postby oly2 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:46 pm

CEntury tops bott 6-1 tonight. People say that centurys defense arent good. Centurys Defense Marcus Abphalte and Alec Rauhauser held botts top line to 0 points.
oly2
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:59 am

Re: Goalie, Defense, Offense

Postby ih8gophers » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 pm

oly2 wrote:CEntury tops bott 6-1 tonight. People say that centurys defense arent good. Centurys Defense Marcus Abphalte and Alec Rauhauser held botts top line to 0 points.


So who is Bottineau's top line? Would you say the Millican line or the Serhienko line? I don't really think one line is better than the other. Agree with you on Century's defense. They are skilled and they hit.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Goalie, Defense, Offense

Postby oly2 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:31 pm

I went to the game and i was talking about the Serhienko line only because they started. But yes, bott's two lines are very skilled.
oly2
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:59 am

Re: Goalie, Defense, Offense

Postby ih8gophers » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:29 am

oly2 wrote:I went to the game and i was talking about the Serhienko line only because they started. But yes, bott's two lines are very skilled.


Ya they are both skilled lines but when Nick Monson is playing I think the Millican line is better. Serhienko sees the ice very good and Aide has an amazing set of hands on him. Bottineau is a pretty tough team to beat when both lines are playing well.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Goalie, Defense, Offense

Postby Gr8HockeyMind » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:24 am

Not saying it's time to hit the panic button, but, it should be noted that the "high powered" Bottineau offence has 2 goals in the last 2 games against what Sauce coined "good competition." Last year they rolled into the state tournament with 113G and 142A and were only able to muster 1 goal in 2 games against "good competition." They are skilled and explosive and Harry can stickhandle in a phone booth, but he can't while lying on his back. They have at least 2 more chances to prove themselves against "good competition" or it's deja vu' all over again. I bet BHS is kicking themselves for scheduling a 4 pointer in Bottineau's barn.
Gr8HockeyMind
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Re: Goalie, Defense, Offense

Postby Clark17 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 am

Gr8HockeyMind wrote:Not saying it's time to hit the panic button, but, it should be noted that the "high powered" Bottineau offence has 2 goals in the last 2 games against what Sauce coined "good competition." Last year they rolled into the state tournament with 113G and 142A and were only able to muster 1 goal in 2 games against "good competition." They are skilled and explosive and Harry can stickhandle in a phone booth, but he can't while lying on his back. They have at least 2 more chances to prove themselves against "good competition" or it's deja vu' all over again. I bet BHS is kicking themselves for scheduling a 4 pointer in Bottineau's barn.


Bottineau could have used another game against BHS. Sure four points was nice but that was a game against a quality oponent they lost. I guess you could say the same for BHS also, however they filled it with a quality oponent.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:45 am

Previous

Return to WDA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest