2010-2011 Predictions

Teams of the West Region

Re: 2010-2011 Predictions

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:10 am

wg99 wrote:so saucesauer does this mean your going to give hazen more than 5 wins this season? another note williston tops dickinson 4 to 1

Not a lot more it is suprising, but just no. Prove me wrong please but I still don't think it's going to happen they may make it to a state qualifier game but I still doubt it.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby yellowsquash » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:27 pm

1. Century
2. Bismarck
3. Minot
4. Bottineau
5. Jamestown
6. Hazen
7. Williston
8. Mandan
9. Dickinson
yellowsquash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Top Shelf » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:29 pm

west region picks:

1. bismarck high/century
2. bottineau
3. bismarck high/century
4. jamestown
5. minot
6. hazen
7. mandan
8. williston
9. dickinson
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:06 am

wg99 wrote:so saucesauer does this mean your going to give hazen more than 5 wins this season? another note williston tops dickinson 4 to 1

8-0
wg99 wrote:1. Century - they will lose games this year but i think the patriots will still take the top spot
2. BHS - I dont know a lot about this team but i dont feel comfortable putting any other team in the 2 spot
3. Jamestown - didnt lose anyone, it could be a great year for jamestown
4. Hazen - its official im jumping on the bandwagon!.. they have too much speed for other teams to handle and a great goaltender but their Defense could be the death of them but i still feel comfortable putting them here.5. Bottineau- i havent got to see much of bottineau but i think they are too inexperienced to be in the top 4
6 Minot-only reason i have them at 6 is because of meddler. He is the team
7 Mandan- without riopelle it could be a tough year
8 Williston- they have 3 above average players and a terrible goalie i dont see them winning much this year.
9 Dickinson- worst team in the state..they wont win a game

so wg99 do you stand true to your statement as they have too much speed for other teams to handle? last time I checked a 0 on the scorebored means 0 pucks went behind the goalie. also
Last time I checked a great goaltender doesnt have a 8 GAA and a 82% save rate...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AvsFan155 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Saucesauer wrote:

8-0
wg99 wrote:1. Century - they will lose games this year but i think the patriots will still take the top spot
2. BHS - I dont know a lot about this team but i dont feel comfortable putting any other team in the 2 spot
3. Jamestown - didnt lose anyone, it could be a great year for jamestown
4. Hazen - its official im jumping on the bandwagon!.. they have too much speed for other teams to handle and a great goaltender but their Defense could be the death of them but i still feel comfortable putting them here.5. Bottineau- i havent got to see much of bottineau but i think they are too inexperienced to be in the top 4
6 Minot-only reason i have them at 6 is because of meddler. He is the team
7 Mandan- without riopelle it could be a tough year
8 Williston- they have 3 above average players and a terrible goalie i dont see them winning much this year.
9 Dickinson- worst team in the state..they wont win a game

so wg99 do you stand true to your statement as they have too much speed for other teams to handle? last time I checked a 0 on the scorebored means 0 pucks went behind the goalie. also
Last time I checked a great goaltender doesnt have a 8 GAA and a 82% save rate...

1st of all it was 2-0 until about half way through the third period and the only reason century scored as much as they did is because Hazen flat out gave up on the game and their goalie....2nd of all why is it that the only team that you are concerned about is Hazen?
AvsFan155
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wg99 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:55 pm

so everytime the northstars lose a game this year am i going to hear about it saucesauer? i put them in the 4 spot cuz i feel they are better than those 5 teams behind hazen i didnt say they were going to beat century and that game was a lot closer than the score..shots were even after 2 periods but looks like they had a meltdown in the third period
wg99
NDPreps Rookie

Postby yellowsquash » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:44 pm

wg99 wrote:so everytime the northstars lose a game this year am i going to hear about it saucesauer? i put them in the 4 spot cuz i feel they are better than those 5 teams behind hazen i didnt say they were going to beat century and that game was a lot closer than the score..shots were even after 2 periods but looks like they had a meltdown in the third period

isn't that why you play 3 periods in hockey? not just 2?
yellowsquash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AvsFan155 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:02 pm

yellowsquash wrote:
wg99 wrote:so everytime the northstars lose a game this year am i going to hear about it saucesauer? i put them in the 4 spot cuz i feel they are better than those 5 teams behind hazen i didnt say they were going to beat century and that game was a lot closer than the score..shots were even after 2 periods but looks like they had a meltdown in the third period

isn't that why you play 3 periods in hockey? not just 2?

All i am saying is that it is hard to be a goalie and play by yourself for a period against what is probably the best team in the west
AvsFan155
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hkyfan4life » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:43 pm

"All i am saying is that it is hard to be a goalie and play by yourself for a period against what is probably the best team in the west" To quote AvsFan155

You should be careful when making coments like this it almost sounds like you are Hazen's goalie and this could cause alot of problems with your team. I was at the Century/Hazen game and was so impressed with Hazen the first two periods and then in the third they ALL gave up not just the skaters. I was also at Hazen/BHs game and felt the game was well played a few problems here and there but some quality shots were given by Hazen and quality shots stopped by Hazen goalie. A few players really stick out to me on Hazen's team and was glad to see some new names. I think Hazen needs some work with Defense and I feel the goalie gave up last night on the players. Th last goal BHS got Hazen was pulling the goalie, but he made it out on the ice and was in position when the shot was made. So AvsFan if you are a Hazen/Beulah player be very careful in remarks against your own team you can end up really putting distance between your team and yourself if they were to find this out. I also have a coment for Mandan I was very sad to read the article in the paper and see Jon Dobier make a cheap jab about hazen when interviewed you should show a little more class than that. The game was not a fluke I think Hazen wanted the win more and played better than the Mandan.
hkyfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Schmidty22 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:26 pm

My prediction is Century is the best team in the west by far they will easily take the state title.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby wg99 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:42 pm

the state title? i hope you meant west region title.
wg99
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:27 pm

They are my pick in the West Region because there is not one team in the west that can challenge them regarding the east I think Grand Forks Central.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Hockey » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:46 pm

From what i've seen of bottineau, I think they will be able to compete with century. Both teams dominate offensively. The difference maker will be who plays a better defensive game.
ND Hockey
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to WDA