Teams of the West Region

2010-2011 Predictions

Postby preps12 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:45 pm

I know its early, but any predictions?
preps12
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2010-2011 Predictions

Postby Hockey12 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:54 pm

I think both Bismarck teams will be good, they always are they have numbers. Jamestown wont be to bad, prolly have good goaltending.Williston? Idk they are gonna loose some great players.Bottineau will do pretty good. I think they made a point that they are a good hockey team this year , and they have some talented young players, that now have experience at state. Minot im not sure. Hazen/beulah and dickinson will hradly be able to play high school hockey wont they? Idk wat they have for younger players, and they are loosing alot of seniors
Hockey12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Orr4 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:15 pm

In my opinon, Century is gonna be the best team in the west....bar none. Bismarck High and Bottineau will be the other top teams in the west. Williston will be down a lot. Idk much about the other teams in the west but from what I think, it'll be Century, Bismarck High and Bottineau for the top three in the west. Thats what I think.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BHS » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 am

hazen beulah loses 3 seniors.. gain around 5-10 they may be able to have a j.v. team for the first time in years
BHS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clark17 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:12 pm

BHS wrote:hazen beulah loses 3 seniors.. gain around 5-10 they may be able to have a j.v. team for the first time in years

That is good to hear. In my opinion ND high school hockey can't afford to lose teams. It is good to see programs as such make it through the lean years. Unfortunatley this problem will probably never go away for some schools.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:10 pm

1. Century....return top 3 scorers, starting goalie, 11/13 top scorers....should be state title contender
2. Bismarck...could finish much lower....lose top 5 scorers....good coaching will make them tough tho
3. Bottineau...dont lose much
4. Williston....lose alot but return mosby and axtman
5. Jamestown...bantams finished 5th two years ago....good goaltending
6. Minot....meddler
7. Mandan....return huck and dobier....no goalie in town
8. Hazen....could move up....only 2 seniors
9. Dickinson....wont win a game...8/10 top scorers gone
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby preps12 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:43 am

1. Century...return all top players
2. Bismarck High...good coaching
3. Bottineau...dont lose much
4. Jamestown...dont lose anyone good and good goaltending
5. Williston...mosby and axtman will carry team
6. Minot...Medler will be team
7. Mandan...lose Riopelle
8. Hazen...lose borud
9. Dickinson...flat out AWFUL
preps12
NDPreps Starter

Postby gostars » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:46 am

1. century... they will still have all of their top scorers
2. bhs... good coaching... but they have like no returners
3. bottineau... all young skaters... goaltending?
4. jamestown... not losing any top scoring
5. williston... mosby and axtman
6. minot... meddler
7. mandan... lose riopelle
8. hazen... no borud next year
9. dickinson... untruthfully bad!
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby AvsFan155 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Ok first of all hazen still has hillerude next year he would have been the same skill as borud this year but he broke his wrist in the second game of the season. They could be decent next year their group of kids coming up have potential at starting positions. One of them includes Tyler Gustafson which is son of Jeff Gustafson who was a successful player and coach for many years. They will have a solid three lines with two solid lines of defense as well as a very good goaltender.

I would say that century will be the first in west region and be a good contender for state. Bis High will be good as usual. Williston looses their goaltender which leaves them with nothing in the net and they lose their first line except for Mosby.

Minot will basically leave their fate in the hands of their goaltender Medler.

Jamestown is a young skillfull team who will be decent for the next couple years.

Dickinson has nothing left on their team they will be in a rebuilding year.

Bottineau will be good as they keep some very good talent and some decent tenders in the net.

Mandan still has huck dobier and mack but nothing left in between the pipes
AvsFan155
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BHS » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:25 am

1.century.. clearly the top team in the west.
2.bis high... lost a lot but they always seem to be able to produce good players.
3.bottineau... lost some talent but i believe they will be very good
4. hazen beulah.. my underdog team i think they will suprise everyone
5. minot?? they have meddler but will see if he sticks around hes the only player they have left
6.williston..long and mozby should be good but they have no goalie it could be a rough season...
7.mandan...they have huck but he will be nothing withough riopelle. they will struggle
8.Jamestown. they dont lose many kids but do not have any goal scorers
9. dickinson... terrible.
BHS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hkyfan4life » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Century and Bismarck are going to be the two top teams, not sure who out of the two will come out on top.
I know for a fact Dickinson is going to have a rough year, they need to hang in there as this will pass for them. Bottineau lost alot of players and I have been told alot of young talent is moving up this could help or hurt them. Williston had a great season last year, but again they loose alot of kids and not much left to help them out. Minot I have not heard to much on them maybe they will be a suprise to everyone. Mandan will fall in the middle I believe. Jamestown still a young team could still pull a few suprises. Hazen/Beulah has alot of skaters this year only loosing three seniors last year. I agree they may be the underdog team that may pull a few suprises. I think the one thing that will hurt them is a having all the skaters and only one goalie as Landenberger graduated and Stiefel will come in fresh with no one else to be there in case there is trouble. I think the kids moving up will provide well for the team as well. I have to say I am such a Hockey fan I am really pulling for the Hazen/Beulah this year the rest of my family of course pulling for BHS.
hkyfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby westhockey » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:18 am

The west is wide open this year. CHS losing Kovar, Kusler, and Nelson is huge. Actually, they could have been a favorite to win state if everyone returned. BHS lost Yesel and Dvorak. Not as huge as the CHS's losses but still will impact BHS. Excluding Minot and Jamestown, all other teams have question marks at Goal. I think all the teams will field two decent forward lines and be able to come up with four decent D. I look for Bott and Jamestown to surprising a few teams this year. This could be a year where some of the traditional power teams take a step back and one or two of the less talked about teams step up. Either way, listed below are my predictions:
1)CHS - Have the most debth
2)Minot - Medler
3)Bott - Young, fun to watch, good coaching
4)BHS - Inexperienced - Great coaching
5) 6) 7) - Williston, Jamestown, Mandan - In no particular order (all 3 of these teams will challenge for the 4th spot)
8)Hazen
9)Dickinson
westhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wg99 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:12 pm

1. Century - they will lose games this year but i think the patriots will still take the top spot
2. BHS - I dont know a lot about this team but i dont feel comfortable putting any other team in the 2 spot
3. Jamestown - didnt lose anyone, it could be a great year for jamestown
4. Hazen - its official im jumping on the bandwagon!.. they have too much speed for other teams to handle and a great goaltender but their Defense could be the death of them but i still feel comfortable putting them here.
5. Bottineau- i havent got to see much of bottineau but i think they are too inexperienced to be in the top 4
6 Minot-only reason i have them at 6 is because of meddler. He is the team
7 Mandan- without riopelle it could be a tough year
8 Williston- they have 3 above average players and a terrible goalie i dont see them winning much this year.
9 Dickinson- worst team in the state..they wont win a game
wg99
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:46 am

Sniff sniff...dang it smells like puck season again so here is the truth about WDA this year, your welcome!
1. CHS I don't want to say it without 3 great players gone now and no tender but they still have a little bit left.
2. BHS don't ask why just remember 2nd at state in 09, 2nd in 10...who cares who they have they have a coach that is top notch and shows them how to win.
3. Bott. not sure about their tender but wow this is a very young and very talented team, honestly 3 may be a little low for this group!
4. Mandan not gunna be too bad lost 1 or 2 kids the question is thier D and goalie...but honestly with the rest of the west this isn't a bad pick...
NOTE Minot may replace Mandan for that 4 spot but everyone with thier high hopes on other teams sorry maybe next year but this year wont be good...
5. Minot not sure if Medler is back but Minot hardley ever puts a bad team on the ice their kids know how to win...
6. Willy this team could be 4-6 but they are here for now, not too bad lets see if Mozby can lead them.
The remaining 3 teams were 5-39 in the west last year and all 5 of those wins came aginst each other thats all there is to say there are no "darkhorses" comming from the bottom 3!
7. H/B what the heck I will jump on the bandwagon of them almost winning 5 games in the west next year.
8. J'town just because I can't really see Dicky doing all that good.
9. Dicky read 7and 8 and you will understand.
You are all welcome. Honestly I am not sold on 1-3 I feel they are interchangable but lets see. Good luck to all in the West its been way too long.
I really wish CHS and GFC had everyone back I would have paid about $50 to see that game in the finas this year!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby wg99 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:02 pm

does mandan even have a goalie this year? and btw saucesauer they lost 15 seniors and about 9 of them mattered so i think putting them in the 4 spot is a bit ridiculous. In my opinion though the 2-8 teams could end up anywhere this year
wg99
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:17 am

wg99 wrote:does mandan even have a goalie this year? and btw saucesauer they lost 15 seniors and about 9 of them mattered so i think putting them in the 4 spot is a bit ridiculous. In my opinion though the 2-8 teams could end up anywhere this year

Sorry in high school hockey they lost 3 seniors they may have had 15 seniors rostered but when only roughly 6 get a high school point do you count them? You may but no...are you really attempting to call me out when you have HAZEN AND JAMESTOWN in the top 4??? really I could go on about that and belittle you like no other but when your 3 and 4 seeds had a COMBINED 11 points last year with 4 comming from each other well spare me! honestly your not worth my time. Your welcome for putting that nicely...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby wg99 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:39 pm

You need a goalie to win games though hazen and Jamestown have that and Mandan doesnt. I agree hazen and Jamestown were bad last year but considering both teams didnt lose anyone and that their sophomores will be some of the best kids on the team, you cant look at the past the west is wide open and look for both these teams to make a statement against the big schools.
wg99
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:17 pm

wg99 wrote:You need a goalie to win games though hazen and Jamestown have that and Mandan doesnt. I agree hazen and Jamestown were bad last year but considering both teams didnt lose anyone and that their sophomores will be some of the best kids on the team, you cant look at the past the west is wide open and look for both these teams to make a statement against the big schools.

Sorry we have been hearing these same statements about Jtown H/B and Dicky for the last 3-5 years and it hasn't changed yet Bott is going to be one of the best teams in the west this year but you have them in like the 7 spot your logic is just flawed on everything.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fargohockey1093 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Jamestown and Hazen are jokes quit trying to say they are going to have a good team because it will never happen
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby dustyduster » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:14 pm

sorry not everyone is as good as you guys in perfect-world out east (fargohockey1093)
dustyduster
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Gr8HockeyMind » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Westhockey has it nailed. "I think all the teams will field two decent forward lines and be able to come up with four decent D." It will come down to whose 3rd line can eat some minutes and not get scored on so lines 1 and 2 can make hay, and goaltending. Both Bismarck teams will contend simply because of numbers. Bottineau has players that can finish so they will not need to get a ton of shots. Minot has Medler and didn't lose much to graduation, plus they gain young talent. Two of which went to a USA Hockey Festival this summer. Williston, my favorite team last year, will struggle with depth. Jamestown and Mandan will steal games with a blue collar attitude. Not sure what Dickinson and Hazen can bring to the party. Game planning, line matchups and execution will separate the haves from the have nots.

1-4 MHS, CHS, BHS and Bott (any order)
5-7 Williston, Mandan, Jamestown (any order)
8-9 Dickinson, Hazen

More to follow after the Jamboree

"It's not who you play, it's when you play them"
Gr8HockeyMind
NDPreps Reserve

Postby penguinshockey15 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:15 am

Gr8HockeyMind wrote:Westhockey has it nailed. "I think all the teams will field two decent forward lines and be able to come up with four decent D." It will come down to whose 3rd line can eat some minutes and not get scored on so lines 1 and 2 can make hay, and goaltending"

Not a good statement to make, if this is true, explain to me how Willy took 3rd in the state last year with their top line on the ice 2/3 of the game and their 2nd line out the other 1/3 of the game...no need for a 3rd or 4th line.
penguinshockey15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:46 am

penguinshockey15 wrote:
Gr8HockeyMind wrote:Westhockey has it nailed. "I think all the teams will field two decent forward lines and be able to come up with four decent D." It will come down to whose 3rd line can eat some minutes and not get scored on so lines 1 and 2 can make hay, and goaltending"

Not a good statement to make, if this is true, explain to me how Willy took 3rd in the state last year with their top line on the ice 2/3 of the game and their 2nd line out the other 1/3 of the game...no need for a 3rd or 4th line.

True, but you can make that statement now. Look at Willy's 1st line last year, you only need to run 2 lines when your first line is going to get you 5+ goals a game. However this year there don't seem to be many "elite" players in the west so 2 decent lines and a third line for most teams will be seemingly similar to their 1st and 2nd line.

Quick question who are the "elite forwards in the west this year? I know Bott. has a couple and Rauhauser from CHS. anyone else worth mentionng? Hauck from Mandan maybe? Mozby from willy he only had 8 goals 29 assists alot of his points seem to have come from Nelson.

Last note Jamboree went on in Bismarck today anyone have any results? I know they don't keep score but it sounded like BHS won their 2 games I watched a little Dicky Willy from the little I saw it seemed pretty even anyone have any more info from that? Also Willy I think they had 2 goalies 1 playing V and the other playing JV looked like they switched halfway through just by watching the V goalie play JV either CHS has a good JV team or Willy is going to be hurting A LOT in the net at one point CHS JV scored 4 goals in about 80 secs on what looked to be the V goalie any comments there?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AvsFan155 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Hazen-Beulah beats Mandan 5-2 tonight
Meyhoff 2 goals
Hillerude 1 goal
Deuwel 1 goal
Oliger 1 goal
Huck 2 goals
Huck gets one off of a penalty shot in the thrid period
Saves:
Stiefel 29 of 31
Bellon 27 of 32
AvsFan155
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wg99 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:20 am

so saucesauer does this mean your going to give hazen more than 5 wins this season? another note williston tops dickinson 4 to 1
wg99
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to WDA