CHS _WHS

Teams of the West Region

Re: CHS _WHS

Postby DemonMan3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:27 pm

yellowsquash wrote:
goteam11 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
yellowsquash wrote:Wow get real, last 5 years? I guess Erik Herbel was bad, what about Rehak from willy? Charlie Bair and Danny Montplaisir. Although they were 6 years ago Alan Jecort, Brandon Mayer and Dave Mickalson from CHS. You say how points don't mean anything and yet every player is based on points. Look at surronding cast if you want to go by points Paimant had nothing to work with and was the main focus of every team they played, same goes with Herbel. Connel from BHS controlled the game better than Monson if you are going by game control. Sam Aide, Jared Kopp, and Alec Kautzman all from BHS and I believe all went on to help MSU-Bott. win 1 or 2 national titles. And than go onto talent level, can you honestly say that the west has been even average the last 2-3 years? How many of his 55 points came aginst the lower 4 in the WDA Willy has 48 goals compared to 25 aginst top 4 teams and than 13 aginst usually lower level canadian teams. Nelson is a good player but I would like to know how many points he got from each scenario if possiable?

Thank you very much saucesauer.

Its about time that someone mentions jechort, shulte, mickelson, DALLAS BOSSART ( played with sydney crosby i do believe at Shattuck ), ross monson, charlie bair, justin connel, sam aide.

I forgot about Bossart, Wow I am almost willing to say he IS THE BEST player to come out of this state, but the entire Lamerioux family and Marto may have somthing to say about it.

throw Mike Peluso in there to maybe?

yes, peluso is most deffinately at the top of the list.
did anyone else make it to the big show from ND?

I feel Peluso is definitely the best to come out of ND, and Marto is also very good. My brother played with Jechort and Mayor and Schulte and all three were very talented but not in the league of Marto or Peluso, and Schulte was not in the league of Jechort. If you watched Marto in Highschool it was ridiculous how he could take over a game. his stats weren't mind blowing, but they were very good and more important then stats is Marto's passes were all perfect tape to tape and he made everyone around him look better. Also when Bossart aimed his slap shot right it was lethal.. anyone else remember his OT goal in state that helped Century upset Fargo North?
DemonMan3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby yellowsquash » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:40 pm

haha, yes, i do
yellowsquash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:26 pm

ryan potulny starts most games now in the nhl

danny irmen
grant potulny
the panzer boys
jsut to name a few off hand
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Clark17 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:11 am

Wow, this thing got heated. I mentioned Irmen and the Potulny's on the more recent thread before seeing this discussion. Pretty tough to argue against the Potulny's accomplishments, the Panzer's and Peluso should all get credit too.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Ok boys...i'm sorry to break this thing up but i believe this discussion is called CHS-WHS. Correct me if i'm wrong. If you guys wanna talk about the best players to come out of ND then i suggest you start another post.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Leprekan317 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Wow, I love the discussion going on here. I figured it was my comment that started this so I could probably expand on it a little more, for the record I do live in the West so I only get to see those teams regularly. I also never got to watch Marto in high school, so I couldn't even qualify him in my observation. I was just commenting on the fact that every time I watch Nelson play, he is far and away the best skater on the ice. This wasn't meant to belittle anyone else that has ever played ND high school hockey. It was just about a talented kid standing out. Honestly the only other person who seemed that much head and shoulders above the rest of the players on the ice in my recollection was Tom Philion, even when he played against Asheim, Peluso, Vig and Theel, there was always something special about Philion, now it doesn't mean he was the best to ever lace em up, just that he was a quality skater. I know this was supposed to be a thread about WHS and CHS, but sometimes things lead us in a different direction. It happens.
Leprekan317
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Shanny69 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Wow u guys check Jordan Nelson from behind break his wrist and still lost!!!!!!!!! hope you feel good about yourselves!!!
Shanny69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gostars » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:46 pm

honestly i was there and they did not check him from behind, he was on a breakaway and they tripped him and he hit the boards. on accident? thats still a question, i still do not support it. good for jordan for winning MR. HOCKEY
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby westhockey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:55 pm

I know I can speak for most people in western ND when I say "WAY TO GO JORDAN"! It's not easy being from Williston and getting the credit that's deserved. He had a great season and tournament and no one from the east, after seeing him play, can disagree with him getting the award.
westhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyplaya » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:54 pm

gostars wrote:honestly i was there and they did not check him from behind, he was on a breakaway and they tripped him and he hit the boards. on accident? thats still a question, i still do not support it. good for jordan for winning MR. HOCKEY

I was at the game also, I don't see how you think that was not a checking from behind. I mean the kid got a major and kicked out of the game or God's sake. He had the kid beat and the kid cheap shotted him. Pushing a kid from behind while going that fast into the boards is a VERY dangerous and dirty play. The play started out as a trip, but while both kids were flying into the boards THAT is where the checking from behind came. Very very stupid play on Andre's, I think his name is, part. That could of ended up so much worse, even ended Nelson's career. I think most people were worried about his head, or neck though. It looked aweful. Anyway Congratulations to Nelson for Mr. Hockey, State Tourney MVP, State Leading Scorer (by 11 pts), most goals, most assists, and every other award you can possibly get in North Dakota High School hockey. You name it, he got it. GRATS. As for all the other posts back during the season saying Nelson was not the best out there, IN YOUR FACE.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Top Shelf » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 pm

jordan nelson deserves every award he received. he has been getting better and better for the last 3 years. i don't think anybody can argue that he is the 2010 mr. hockey of north dakota. i think williston has done a great job over the past 5 years developing players and competing at a high level. both the kids and coaches are great role models for the town of williston and the future of hockey there.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to WDA