Game of the Week

Teams of the West Region

Game of the Week

Postby hockeyplaya » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Alright game of the week has to be Century vs. Williston battle for the West Region regular season title. Predictions?
I'm going with Williston, home ice advantage should be huge in this last regular season game for both teams. Both Nelson and Dickerson are going to play their hearts out for the crowd up in Willyville. I believe the rink would be packed and that is going to get those kids jacked. Hopefully the refs let them play.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Game of the Week

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:37 am

CHS 4-3
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby powerranger » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Century will win 5-3. All Century has to do is stop their first line and after that, Williston's not that great. Aaron Nelson will have to be on his game, like he usually is.
powerranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyplaya » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 pm

powerranger wrote:Century will win 5-3. All Century has to do is stop their first line and after that, Williston's not that great. Aaron Nelson will have to be on his game, like he usually is.

yeah and good luck with stopping williston's first line at home. Every time Century's first line will be out there Williston will match up, that's the advantage of being at home. Century did not shut them down when they played them the first time (in Bismarck). Williston's first line was always in Century's zone when they were out there. The only way Century scored because they got the last line change and were able to get their first line out when Willstons wasn't. As for Aaron Nelson always playing good...I believe goaltending is Century's weakest link for this year. Not saying he is bad, but he has alot in front of him to help out. He is not "usually good".
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 pm

hockeyplaya wrote:
powerranger wrote:Century will win 5-3. All Century has to do is stop their first line and after that, Williston's not that great. Aaron Nelson will have to be on his game, like he usually is.

yeah and good luck with stopping williston's first line at home. Every time Century's first line will be out there Williston will match up, that's the advantage of being at home. Century did not shut them down when they played them the first time (in Bismarck). Williston's first line was always in Century's zone when they were out there. The only way Century scored because they got the last line change and were able to get their first line out when Willstons wasn't. As for Aaron Nelson always playing good...I believe goaltending is Century's weakest link for this year. Not saying he is bad, but he has alot in front of him to help out. He is not "usually good".

wrong. aaron nelson is a way above average goalie. willistons first line will produce shots and proabably put a few in. i predict century, 4-3. nelson with two goals and dickerson with one. century's defense is BY FAR the weakest part of their team this year.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby powerranger » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:41 pm

i agree. if Century had an okay defense, they would be the best team in the west with no questions.
powerranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:35 am

hockeyplaya wrote:

Ok lets get real here CHS has to shut down 2 players, WHS has to shut down 2 lines...I will admidt its tough to win in Willy they have the olympic ice advantage, not to mention the officiating. I will take CHS 5-3, if not I am more than willing to eat my words....
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Clark17 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 am

powerranger wrote:i agree. if Century had an okay defense, they would be the best team in the west with no questions.

I disagree, CHS does have a nice D corps. #4 is the most skilled D-man in the west as far as I'm concerned, I think he's only a junior. I think they have the best chance to win the west and regionals.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby powerranger » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:35 am

Clark17 wrote:
powerranger wrote:i agree. if Century had an okay defense, they would be the best team in the west with no questions.

I disagree, CHS does have a nice D corps. #4 is the most skilled D-man in the west as far as I'm concerned, I think he's only a junior. I think they have the best chance to win the west and regionals.

#4 is really good, but their defense is young. even without a strong defense though, i think they can still win the west and regionals.
powerranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Clark17 wrote:

Kovar is very skilled but hes an offensive defenseman......hes great at rushing the puck but as for his actually defense i havent seen anything stand out......I'd take Alex Hanson over him any day
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby powerranger » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:59 pm

after seeing centurys performance last night, i change my mind about their defense. they all looked very poise for being so young. great d corps
powerranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ironhorse » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Was in Willy for the Century game and thought the Century D corps did look good. On Willy’s side, I thought the Hanson (don’t remember partners name) D-line and the goalie really struggled. Hanson is a good defenseman but more o-minded than d-minded … turns the puck over in d-zone when forechecked hard or played physical on the boards. Willy’s Brostuen/Axtman D-line better in their d-zone and a pretty productive pair on the other end as well.
Ironhorse
NDPreps Rookie

Return to WDA