Williston at Minot

Teams of the West Region

Williston at Minot

Postby toddjames » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:46 am

Anyone see the Coyote head hit the ice Tuesday night? Wasn't there but heard about it from someone that was... Yes it was literally a Coyote head cut off at the neck thrown onto the ice during the game...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Williston at Minot

Postby Orr4 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:28 am

yes there was a coyote head thrown out on the ice. the kid threw it from the hallway behind the minot bench. the assisstant coach from what i heard ran after the kid but never caught him. if the coyote head was supposed to help minot win...it didn't work. If the checking from behind that was called on nelson (willy) with 6 minutes left in the 3rd (biggest bulls*** call i've ever seen in my 15 years of playing hockey) was supposed to help minot win...it didn't. it was an exciting game to watch but the reffing was horrible.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dhausdog » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:06 pm

I would have to agree with you on that reffing was horrible up in Minot. Saw the same thing a few weeks ago. Whats the WDA tourney going to bring for the out of town teams if they get that crew (GOOD LUCK) is all I can say.
dhausdog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby inky » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:00 pm

the reffing was SO BAD up in minot worst called game ive seen in a while and the coyote head thing was just unnecessary
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby MJ4UND » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:02 pm

I wonder who was reffing that it was such a poorly called game. Was it the refs being a homer or just bad calls.
MJ4UND
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Metal Edge » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 am

i watched the bottineau-minot game in minot and there was 18 penalties called. i believe the minot-bismarck high game early in the season had around 18 penalties. they call a decent game but it seems
like they go over board. it seemed like the bottineau-minot game had no flow, somebody was always
short-handed. hopefully they get a good mix of refs for the wda or it will be a penalty filled tournament.
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsallday » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:45 pm

i like how everybody trash talks minot refs but minot has more d1 refs than anyone in the west by far so doesnt make much sense and ow is a coyote head unnecessary when people throw rabbits on the ice all the time when minot travels such as bhs a few years back probably threw about 20 of them on the ice
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:12 pm

sportsallday wrote:i like how everybody trash talks minot refs but minot has more d1 refs than anyone in the west by far so doesnt make much sense and ow is a coyote head unnecessary when people throw rabbits on the ice all the time when minot travels such as bhs a few years back probably threw about 20 of them on the ice

Minot has 1 or 2 refs that are terriable and they seemingly get every big game. I find nothing wrong with the head disgusting sure but in some way I think you could argue not being able to do it violates freedom of speech. I think it should be a delay of game penalty no matter who does it though.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Clark17 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
sportsallday wrote:i like how everybody trash talks minot refs but minot has more d1 refs than anyone in the west by far so doesnt make much sense and ow is a coyote head unnecessary when people throw rabbits on the ice all the time when minot travels such as bhs a few years back probably threw about 20 of them on the ice

Minot has 1 or 2 refs that are terriable and they seemingly get every big game. I find nothing wrong with the head disgusting sure but in some way I think you could argue not being able to do it violates freedom of speech. I think it should be a delay of game penalty no matter who does it though.

I get a kick out of arm-chair officials and coaches. Minot has 5 D1 officials currently. As far as I know there are no other D1 officials from ND, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure. The Bottineau/Minot game had 3 D1 officials. You surely couldn't say that game was a homer job as Bottineau had at least 5 or so more pp's than Minot. Do these guys walk on water? Absoloutly not. They are very compitent officials none-the-less. I really do believe some fans see what they want to see while making assesments from the stands. I would bet a majority of these people have never reffed or coached. The game looks different from the stands, it looks different from the player's box,it looks different to an official and it looks different to a player.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyplaya » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Personally I do not care how many "D1" refs minot has or has ever had. Going to minot to play has always been horrible, for almost every team in the west. I am pretty sure anyone who has played AGAINST minot in minot knows what I am talking about. You can brag about your "D1" refs all you want, but I would hardly call the reffing in minot fair. Those minot refs give their team all the chances they can get to win the game. I'm surprised the word "homered" was not invented while playing in minot, or who knows it probably was. And oh yeah to top it off Williston had that same 1-2 minot refs while playing in WILLISTON, fair? hardly so. Those refs were the only reason minot beat williston in ot. I believe during this game in williston (or the one in minot) there were one or two goals called off because the net was "off".I believe there is a forever lasting hatred of minot refs against particularly williston along with other teams that give minot a run for there money. If I was Burckhard, I would be embarrased of the way the reffing sometimes is. To know that going into a game and having every, and I mean every, opportunity to win and still coming up short, would be quite embarrasing. It would be nice to see what minot could do at home without the help of their refs. I am not complaining I am stating fact that this is truly how minot reffing is.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Return to WDA