best lines?

Teams of the West Region

best lines?

Postby hockeyfan741 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:36 am

Any thoughts on the best lines in the west??
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Re: best lines?

Postby the_truth_hurts » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:54 am

willistons first line hands down
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheBroadstreetBully » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:27 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:willistons first line hands down

agree 100%
TheBroadstreetBully
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Cant_Touch_This » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:41 am

ya willstons first line
Cant_Touch_This
NDPreps Rookie

Postby brownbomber » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:43 pm

krueger and winkles they dangle everyone and they hit, and dhs has reiso who snipes as well, makes his line better. enough said
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:13 am

brownbomber wrote:krueger and winkles they dangle everyone and they hit, and dhs has reiso who snipes as well, makes his line better. enough said

BHS's is dece, nice that they hit. WHS's is pretty good, but lets get real here DHS no.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_truth_hurts » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
brownbomber wrote:krueger and winkles they dangle everyone and they hit, and dhs has reiso who snipes as well, makes his line better. enough said

BHS's is dece, nice that they hit. WHS's is pretty good, but lets get real here DHS no.

agreed
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Leprekan317 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Watched the Willi-BHS game last night and even though Williston top line wasn't as sharp as normal, they still dominate most of the time they are on the ice. BHS's top line didn't really even stand out in my opinion. I've also seen DHS play and even their stud kid didn't stand out at all against Williston either. Williston toyed with that Dickinson team in Williston.
Leprekan317
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Orr4 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:32 am

i was at the willy-bhs game too. it seemed like whenever willy's top line was out they were always on the offensive strike. However, bhs's first line seemed to dominate when they could break the puck out...both top lines are very very good but i'd have to say willy's is the best in the west.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby goteam11 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:49 pm

ive watched the last couple of bismarck games and it seems like winkels and kruger skate with a different linemate each game.. id think they would be more effective if they played with the same person for a couple games in a row. also i had a question, how would you compare winkels/krueger to nelson/dickerson? personally i think they are very close
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 pm

goteam11 wrote:ive watched the last couple of bismarck games and it seems like winkels and kruger skate with a different linemate each game.. id think they would be more effective if they played with the same person for a couple games in a row. also i had a question, how would you compare winkels/krueger to nelson/dickerson? personally i think they are very close

they arent close and are very different. nelson/dickerson are much more offensively talented and are currently 1st and 4th in the state in scoring(30,25 pts) while winkels/krueger are more physical and you could maybe argue better two way players that are 27th and 47th in the state in scoring(14, 11 pts)
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby siouxfan69 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:53 pm

yeah i agree goteam11 but I was wondering what happened to hazens top line, i heard they got six shots in their recent loss to Bismarck High, i attended the Hazen Bis high game earlier in the year and it looks like Borud has no help whatsoever, no one on that line besides him can control the puck or put it in the back of the net, i predicted hazen 6th but looks like a contender just to get into regionals
siouxfan69

Postby hockeyplaya » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:01 pm

This is a reply to the nelson/dickerson vs. winkels/krueger dispute. I believe the last games of bhs vs williston I have seen either dickerson or nelson "lay out", or place a "big hit" on both of century's top players. I'm not saying that winkels or krueger are not physical but I don't see how people say that they are more physical than dickerson and nelson. Both of them are very sturdy and will put the big hit up when needed. And yes i'm going with Williston's top line as the best in the west considering what they have done so far this year, but it all comes down to wda.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 4thliner » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:33 pm

kusler, rauhauser, mindt for century. imo just as good as willys top line.
4thliner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DemonMan3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Century's top line is barely getting any talk in this discussion and they definitely deserve to have some consideration as the top line in the west. they did lead their team to the top seed in the west and century beat williston handily to get the top spot.
DemonMan3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hockeyplaya » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:12 pm

DemonMan3 wrote:Century's top line is barely getting any talk in this discussion and they definitely deserve to have some consideration as the top line in the west. they did lead their team to the top seed in the west and century beat williston handily to get the top spot.

Ya I agree, they are the best...when they were out against Williston's second line. I believe Williston's second line was -5 in that game while Willistons first line was +2 against the Kuslar line.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Return to WDA