Game updates

Teams of the West Region

Re: Game updates

Postby king markus » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 pm

ih8gophers wrote:2nd place in the west is up for grabs tonight as Bottineau travels to Minot. Whoever wins finishes 2nd in the regular season. I think Bottineau will beat Minot with speed on the bigger ice sheet. I got Bottineau 4-2.

you have bottineau in every game...
king markus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ih8gophers » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:59 pm

king markus wrote:
ih8gophers wrote:2nd place in the west is up for grabs tonight as Bottineau travels to Minot. Whoever wins finishes 2nd in the regular season. I think Bottineau will beat Minot with speed on the bigger ice sheet. I got Bottineau 4-2.

you have bottineau in every game...

Really? I don't think I picked them against Century. I hoped for a win but didn't pick them. Actually when have I even picked them at all? This is my first pick of the year donkey.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby ih8gophers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:02 am

Well my 1st pick of the year was wrong. Minot wins 2-0. Shots 29 apiece although i didn't feel like Bottineau really challenged Meddler at all. I was not really impressed with the play of either team. Bottineau was real flat and couldn't seem to get any flow going. Minot played a nice physical game but still not real strong offensively. Maybe they will meet again next friday when it really means something.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby ih8gophers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:09 pm

Century at Bottineau tonight. I got Century 5-2.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby oly2 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Wow considering we all know you play for Bottineau you are picking Century to win?
oly2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ih8gophers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:15 pm

oly2 wrote:Wow considering we all know you play for Bottineau you are picking Century to win?

Sorry guys. Hate to burst your bubble but I do not play for Bottineau. Get that through your head right now. I really kind of wish I was that age again though, it would be fun to go back and play.

Now on the game front Century wins 9-3. Century is going to be a real tough team for anybody in the west to beat. They run 4 lines and 6 d all night long and have pretty solid goaltending. Game was tight until about 10 minutes left. It was 4-3 and Century just flat out took it to Bottineau the last 10 minutes. Didn't stick around for the final shot total but I would guess Century was on top in that department although Bottineau had quite the span of pp in the 2nd period so i could be wrong.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Minot sure ended the regular season with a couple solid performances. Beating an east region team (North 4-2) has to to be big confidence builder for them.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby penguinshockey15 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:21 am

Clark17 wrote:Minot sure ended the regular season with a couple solid performances. Beating an east region team (North 4-2) has to to be big confidence builder for them.

Heard that the reffing was out of hand siding with Minot, put North in the box for a period and a half..anyone see the game..any comments
penguinshockey15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ih8gophers » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:33 pm

penguinshockey15 wrote:
Clark17 wrote:Minot sure ended the regular season with a couple solid performances. Beating an east region team (North 4-2) has to to be big confidence builder for them.

Heard that the reffing was out of hand siding with Minot, put North in the box for a period and a half..anyone see the game..any comments

So your telling me that they sat in the box for 25:30 of a 51:00 game? I don't believe that for a second. Why is it that when Minot beats someone on their home ice the refs supposedly always help Minot with the win. Shut up, quit whining and play the game. If you lose you lose, big deal.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to WDA