Game updates

Teams of the West Region

Game updates

Postby ih8gophers » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:10 pm

The only game in the west today was Jamestown at Bottineau. Total dominance by Bottineau in a 4-0 win. I say total dominance b/c shots were something like 56-22 in favor of Bottineau.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby Metal Edge » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:55 pm

dito
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:44 am
Location: Bismarck, ,

Re: Game updates

Postby gostars » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:14 pm

botno is a good squad. they move the puck really well.

but also that was their third game in arow. just think what it woulda been like on fresh legs..

also jtwn beat minot on friday
gostars
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:53 am

Re: Game updates

Postby Clark17 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:57 pm

Minot 1 Williston 0? The west is going to be very interesting. It may not even matter where teams finish the regular season. It's gonna come down to regionals and to which teams can put two games together. It is way too early to make predictions. It may be like it has been most years with 2 or 3 distinct tiers, but so far I'm doubting that. It will be very fun to watch if this keeps up.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:45 am

Re: Game updates

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:01 am

Clark17 wrote:Minot 1 Williston 0? The west is going to be very interesting. It may not even matter where teams finish the regular season. It's gonna come down to regionals and to which teams can put two games together. It is way too early to make predictions. It may be like it has been most years with 2 or 3 distinct tiers, but so far I'm doubting that. It will be very fun to watch if this keeps up.

Wow....BHS 8, H/B 2
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby Clark17 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:54 am

Saucesauer wrote:
Clark17 wrote:Minot 1 Williston 0? The west is going to be very interesting. It may not even matter where teams finish the regular season. It's gonna come down to regionals and to which teams can put two games together. It is way too early to make predictions. It may be like it has been most years with 2 or 3 distinct tiers, but so far I'm doubting that. It will be very fun to watch if this keeps up.

Wow....BHS 8, H/B 2

I guess I didn't find that game real interesting.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:45 am

Re: Game updates

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:56 am

Clark17 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Clark17 wrote:Minot 1 Williston 0? The west is going to be very interesting. It may not even matter where teams finish the regular season. It's gonna come down to regionals and to which teams can put two games together. It is way too early to make predictions. It may be like it has been most years with 2 or 3 distinct tiers, but so far I'm doubting that. It will be very fun to watch if this keeps up.

Wow....BHS 8, H/B 2

I guess I didn't find that game real interesting.

The Minot Williston game?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby ih8gophers » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:06 am

Century over Bottineau 5-2. I was not at the game but a friend of mine was. He said it was pretty even other than the goaltending. He said the Nelson kid played well and made the saves he needed to. On the other hand he said Bottineau's goalie couldn't stop a beach ball. Didn't get an official count on shots but he thought it was pretty even.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:24 am

Willy 5-BHS 3, A lot better than I though it would be, trying to be indifferent here BHS really suprised me, like a couple people said it came down to the goalie...BHS's is not very good and Willy's is average he stopped 35 of 38 but roughly 18 were shot right into his bread basket I would also say Jordan Nelson was by far the best player on the ice, neither team really likes to hit though. Willy CHS is going to be interesting this afternoon!!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby Orr4 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:10 pm

Any updates on the WHS-CHS game?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:21 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: Game updates

Postby Fritoman » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:30 pm

ended in a 3-3 tie
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:43 am
Location: Williston

Re: Game updates

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:50 am

[quote="Orr4"]Any updates on the WHS-CHS game?[/quote

Game ended at 3 each, CHS had the potental to be up 5-0 in the first but 2 pipes and a called off goal with about 1.8 left in the period made it 2-0 and Willy came back. Great game though as of tonight I give CHS the upper hand in the West, we will see at the end though!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby Hockey12 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:39 pm

ih8gophers wrote:Century over Bottineau 5-2. I was not at the game but a friend of mine was. He said it was pretty even other than the goaltending. He said the Nelson kid played well and made the saves he needed to. On the other hand he said Bottineau's goalie couldn't stop a beach ball. Didn't get an official count on shots but he thought it was pretty even.

i think botno out shot them 42 to 30...not for sure on that
Hockey12
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby TheBroadstreetBully » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:34 am

williston 6-1 over dickinson last night the shots i think were something like 45-15 the game was completely dominated by williston dickinson's only goal was one of their defensman kicking it in.
TheBroadstreetBully
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby Top Shelf » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:03 am

i was at the century-bottineau game and i thought the difference was goaltending. century's goalie stood on his head and the bottineau goalie was all over the place. i thought bottineau outplayed them, they just couldn't put the puck behind the goalie. i noticed bottineau switches goalies, so maybe the other goalie is better. if bottineau can get better goaltending, i think they could challenge for the #1 spot in the west. however, i believe century will hold onto that spot with williston right behind them. century was a good balance between all positions.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Game updates

Postby preps12 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:33 pm

century over jtown 4-0 it was a lot closer than the score said though. century outshot them 32-29 and jtown had 2 goals called off and one of centurys goals a player was in the crease. but either way jtown still lost. all i can say is the wda will be very interesing come tourny time
preps12
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby gfhockey » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Central up on century already 1-0

GFC is dominating play.. even the hitting.. little guy from century got crushed by ray from gfc
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:53 am

Re: Game updates

Postby gfhockey » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:31 pm

GFC just scored again

2-0


8 minutes to go in first
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:53 am

Re: Game updates

Postby gfhockey » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm

thought BC was supposed to be good this year


3-0 now GFC

still in the first


looking like a state tournament matchup of edc beating up on wdc


im out though... have to return to work.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:53 am

Re: Game updates

Postby the_truth_hurts » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:52 pm

mandan just smoked jtown 9-2 at the end of the game mandan was scoring at will. jtown looked completely lost. look out for mandan this year, in the west anyway.
User avatar
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby Top Shelf » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:18 am

i've watched mandan play a couple of times and i'm not convinced they are a threat. they have one
defensemen that can handle the puck and probably one or two forwards that can catch pass. they
work hard but there just isn't alot of skill on the team. i thought there goalie is so-so but they are winning some games and staying close with the big boys.

i still think the 3 top teams in the west are

1. century
2. williston
3. bottineau
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Game updates

Postby ih8gophers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:51 pm

Bottineau over H/B 4-2. I don't know much about the game other than Bottineau outshot them by a bit 10 to 15 shots i think.
Minot and Dickinson tie 4-4. Minot is all over the place. They beat 1 of the top 2 teams in the west and lose to a bad Jamestown team and tie another bad team in Dickinson.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby TheBroadstreetBully » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:09 am

williston 3-0 over minot
TheBroadstreetBully
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby Hockey12 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Bottineau over dickinson 7 to 4, dont know much bout the game besides bottineau outplayed them by quite a bit
Hockey12
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Game updates

Postby ih8gophers » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:42 pm

ih8gophers wrote:Bottineau over H/B 4-2. I don't know much about the game other than Bottineau outshot them by a bit 10 to 15 shots i think.
Minot and Dickinson tie 4-4. Minot is all over the place. They beat 1 of the top 2 teams in the west and lose to a bad Jamestown team and tie another bad team in Dickinson.


Sorry guys I was wrong on both scores from friday. Bott. overH/B 5-2. Minot beat Dicky 5-4 in ot.

Hockey12 wrote:Bottineau over dickinson 7 to 4, dont know much bout the game besides bottineau outplayed them by quite a bit


I don't know much about this game except I heard Bottineau ran 4 lines and 6 d all game long. They usually run 3 lines and 4 d so that was kind of a change. I guess some kid from Dickinson got all of their goals, not sure on this though. I believe he has scored about 50% of their goals this year.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Next

Return to WDA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest