Ducking a hit

Teams of the West Region

Ducking a hit

Postby chumpzilla » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:26 pm

What do you think about ducking a hit? Smart or scared?
Turkey
chumpzilla
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Ducking a hit

Postby Achilles » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 am

Clearly smart. Why would you take the risk of being knocked off the path of where you're going if there's a way to avoid it?
Achilles
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:32 am

what is the point of that question? achilles basically put the answer to rest with his response haha. how about this....taking a hit you dont need to, tough or stupid? if you can avoid the possibility of injury its always smart.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Ducking a hit is smart. However, taking the hitter out by the knees is dumb. Avoiding a player is one thing, intent to injure is another.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:04 pm

if you have the puck why wouldnt you get out of the way and make a play. its another thing if you lose the puck tho
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:55 pm

good thing the goalie in the NHL didnt duck, his teammates would be all over him for being scared. instead it was a man and took the stick to the dome like a real hockey player!!!
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby riders » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:18 am

one of the dumbest questions i have seen on here. get absolutely murdered or try to duck it and get away unscathed? hmmm...tough answer
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm

take the hit...it shows that your tough
Wheres the knee
LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:06 pm

LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY wrote:take the hit...it shows that your tough

yea but lets say the kid who is trying to hit u is being stupid and trying to hurt u by kneeing or something like that, and it can wear u down after a while, i would say dont take one if u dont need too
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 pm

This is stupid, it shows the hockey "fans" on this site. If a player can avoid a hit and maintain puck possesion or stay in the play there is no reason to get hit! We realize all the fans want big hits but thats not what the game is about.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:10 pm

[quote="Saucesauer"]This is stupid, it shows the hockey "fans" on this site. If a player can avoid a hit and maintain puck possesion or stay in the play there is no reason to get hit! We realize all the fans want big hits but thats not what the game is about.[/quote

the game is about hits, goals, saves, speed, reaction, and who can make the least amount of mistakes so it is apart of the game, you have watched playoff hockey every player finishes there checks, even if that guy is not a checker
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby the_truth_hurts » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:29 pm

hitting can be important as far as getting possesion of the puck and keeping guys from getting to the net but as far as the big hit goes it rarely is the difference between winning and losing. Big hits are way overplayed.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:59 pm

brownbomber wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:This is stupid, it shows the hockey "fans" on this site. If a player can avoid a hit and maintain puck possesion or stay in the play there is no reason to get hit! We realize all the fans want big hits but thats not what the game is about.[/quote

the game is about hits, goals, saves, speed, reaction, and who can make the least amount of mistakes so it is apart of the game, you have watched playoff hockey every player finishes there checks, even if that guy is not a checker

The topic is about ducking a hit, which is smart in all cases...I have never seen any HS or NHL game where the player with a puck gives it up to hit or get hit, ducking is very sensable.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:21 am

haaha there are some cases where kids in hs will give up the puck to try and hit someone and in the nhl in some cases, but i am not going to keep debating with you, anyways ducking a hit i think is a good thing but if not done properly u can hurt yourself very bad
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Return to WDA