2009-2010 Season

Teams of the West Region

Re: 2009-2010 Season

Postby brownbomber » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:30 am

Saucesauer wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:BHS and WHS will be good, If Schmitt is with the Bobcats he can still come back and play his high school season as long as he is enrolled at Minot. Romanick can not come back and play. Mandan should be a middle team they don't have a lot but they will have enough to beat the 6-9 teams and battle with the 3-5 teams Helmers is the key factor he is good. sounds like this year will be another long one for Jamestown. Bottineau should be good not great isnt their good good team that won state in bantams finally juniors and seniors?
1. BHS I could see WHS here I am not sold on BHS's goalie
2. WHS
3. CHS
4. Mandan
5. Bott
6. Minot
7. Dickinson
8. Jamestown
9. Hazen/Beulah

see the thing is ,schmitt is enrolled at bhs and if he has played 10 with the bobcats he cant go back and play, i beleive that is how many games you can play. dhs is a sleeper they will be higher then seven i see them in the 5th spot, and minot will be better than ppl thnk it might take a while, but everyone always seems to think they will be down and then they put it together sometime during the season

I havn't heard this until now, however if Scmitt forgoes his bobcats season he either has to sit out 9 weeks? or play for BHS and if that happens BHS is above and beyond the best in the west regardless of who is in the net.

i believe you have to sit out a total of 180 days now? can anyone confirm this? otto played good at times. and dont worry dhs has another goalie, from italy, he could be pretty decent he will see lots of shots though, nothing new for dhs goalies
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Keyz20 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:55 pm

yea i'm ptretty posotive that if you transfer to a different school you are inelligable to play varsity sports for 180 days...so schmidt could play jv...haha...that'd be quite the show
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:15 pm

Keyz20 wrote:yea i'm ptretty posotive that if you transfer to a different school you are inelligable to play varsity sports for 180 days...so schmidt could play jv...haha...that'd be quite the show

I don't think so, There is some technical term for this actually I want to say its like a family distress form or somthing I may be way off on the name but if his parents moved down here and he is attending school he would be eligiable I believe. McBain went from Hazen to South and had to sit because his parents still lived in Hazen But the 3 basketball boys this last year transfered from Bott. to Linton and I believe one of their parents live there so they didnt have to sit out. basically if his parents live in bis now this comment matters if not don't even bother replying to it. Than again I may be way off too, but I think this is accurate
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:05 pm

you are right sauce
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Metal Edge » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:40 am

the kids from bottineau that moved to linton had no parents living with them. both parents lived in bottineau but had no mailing address, that's how they got around the rules. they sold there house and lived with some friends. it made the paper like every week, there dad is the principle of the high school.

both parents have to move or you have to sit out a certain amount of time.
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby gostars » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:17 am

dude you need to wake up and smell the coffee. get this through your head: MINOT WILL NOT WIN STATE. THEY LOST SCHMIDT AND MARTIN AKA THEIR WHOLE TEAM. SO THEREFORE THEY WILL NOT BE GOOD.
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheBroadstreetBully » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:28 am

anyone know the schedule for jamboree?
TheBroadstreetBully
NDPreps Reserve

Postby trinity9 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:56 pm

(H) Hazen-Beulah
Game 1 10:00 am (A) Dickinson

(A) Dickinson
Game 2 11:15 am (H) Bismarck Century

(H)Bismarck Century
Game 3 12:30 pm (A) Williston

(A) Williston
Game 4 1:45 pm (H) Bismarck High

(H) Bismarck High
Game 5 3:00 pm (A) Minot

(A)Minot
Game 6 4:15 pm (H) Mandan

(H) Mandan
Game 7 5:30 pm (A) Hazen-Beulah

(mountain times)
trinity9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby preps12 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:46 am

1. Williston
2. Bismarck Century
3. Bismarck High
4. Minot
5. Mandan
6. Jamestown
7. Bottineau
8. Dickinson
9. Hazen
preps12
NDPreps Starter

Postby EMU20 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:30 pm

i think a lot of people really under look hazen-beulah. sure they lost their top goal scorer in riley olsen but they have a lot of good young players coming up and have way more depth to there roster. They also have easily one of the top 5 goalies in the state in preston landenberger and i believe that they can take that 4 spot and go to state this year
EMU20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:10 am

EMU20 wrote:i think a lot of people really under look hazen-beulah. sure they lost their top goal scorer in riley olsen but they have a lot of good young players coming up and have way more depth to there roster. They also have easily one of the top 5 goalies in the state in preston landenberger and i believe that they can take that 4 spot and go to state this year

I believe the first 10 words you said are very accurate...and with extremly good reason. When was the last time HB made state? 02ish They have been a bottom dweller for the past 4-5 seasons I don't see anything this year that will change that. I am unaware of any goalie that can stop all 50+ shots everygame HB was 1-10-1 when their goalie saw 30+ shots. Williston, BHS, and CHS should all be going imo this means HB has to beat out at least Minot, Mandan, Bottineau (my darkhorse), and or Dickinson the last time I can remember HB even in a state qualifying game was when Speidel was the goalie which was long ago. Depth on a bench makes a big difference so you arn't running your same 2 lines every other shift, but experience makes a difference as well and with only 3 guys returning with 10 or more points its looking tough.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Top Shelf » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:57 pm

1. bismarck high
2. williston
3. bottineau
4. century
5. minot
6. jamestown
7. hazen
8. mandan
9. dickinson

i would agree with the above, bottineau as a darkhouse. they had a good bantam the last few years and last year they beat almost every bantam A team in the west. they have a good core of seniors, but as always how will the goaltending be.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby trinity9 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:01 pm

1. century
2. williston
3.BHS
4.Mandan
5.Botno
6.Hazen
7.Minot
8.Jamestown
9.DIckinson

Jamestown and dickinson will be in the play in game, with big players leaving last year they dont have much of a chance this year. Century will be the best team by a long ways. BHS doesnt have much at all. And Mandan, Botno, Hazen will fight it out for the 4th spot.
trinity9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gostars » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:44 pm

trinity, you probably play for century, jamestown will not be in the play in game. despite losing paiement they actually work as a team this year not just try to get everything to paiement.
1. williston
2. century
3. bhs
4. minot
5. jamestown
6. mandan
7. bottineau
8. hazen
9. dicky
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:14 am

I know that the jamboree doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to the regular season starting but this is what i feel the west will look like:
1. Williston
2. Century
3. Bismarck
4. Mandan
5. Hazen-Beulah
6. Bottineau
7. Minot
8. Dickinson
9. Jamestown

Top 4 teams can easily switch throughout the season but Williston has their top two scorers returning plus Mosby and Hanson. Century has a lot of underclassmen with plenty of experience. Bismarck is well.....Bismarck High. Mandan from what i heard impressed a lot of people at the jamboree so they might be a contender this year also. Hazen will surprise a lot of people and could have some potential upsets. Bottineau is my darkhorse this year. Minot is going to be down, yes they have Meddler, but how can they do without offense? Then Dickinson and Jamestown in the play-in game. These are just my assumptions....
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeyscout » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:20 am

Orr4 wrote:I know that the jamboree doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to the regular season starting but this is what i feel the west will look like:
1. Williston
2. Century
3. Bismarck
4. Mandan
5. Hazen-Beulah
6. Bottineau
7. Minot
8. Dickinson
9. Jamestown

Top 4 teams can easily switch throughout the season but Williston has their top two scorers returning plus Mosby and Hanson. Century has a lot of underclassmen with plenty of experience. Bismarck is well.....Bismarck High. Mandan from what i heard impressed a lot of people at the jamboree so they might be a contender this year also. Hazen will surprise a lot of people and could have some potential upsets. Bottineau is my darkhorse this year. Minot is going to be down, yes they have Meddler, but how can they do without offense? Then Dickinson and Jamestown in the play-in game. These are just my assumptions....

I agree with this 100%
hockeyscout
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ih8gophers » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:56 pm

My picks after seeing some games
1.BHS- on top until some one knocks them down i predict a split with BHS getting tie breaker
2.CHS- could knock off BHS. should be some tight games
3.Willy- put them here cause after the top line they have nothing but top line will put up lots of points
4.Bottineau- could challenge for the 3 spot but need to play consistent
5.Mandan- surprised me with the Williston game.
6.Minot- will have trouble scoring goals.
7.Hazen-not deep enough to move up but will knock someone off
8.Jamestown- no scoring = long season
9. Dickinson- terrible
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:12 am

ih8gophers wrote:My picks after seeing some games
1.BHS- on top until some one knocks them down i predict a split with BHS getting tie breaker
2.CHS- could knock off BHS. should be some tight games
3.Willy- put them here cause after the top line they have nothing but top line will put up lots of points
4.Bottineau- could challenge for the 3 spot but need to play consistent
5.Mandan- surprised me with the Williston game.
6.Minot- will have trouble scoring goals.
7.Hazen-not deep enough to move up but will knock someone off
8.Jamestown- no scoring = long season
9. Dickinson- terrible

You will get hated on by 5-10 people for this.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ih8gophers » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Ya I figured some people will be on me for those predictions but oh well that's what I predict for now. I guess we'll see if I'm right in a few months.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Top Shelf » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:00 pm

i like the prediction "ih8gophers" but i say bottineau will finish in the 2 spot. they have way
more talent than people give them credit for. however this prediction is based on them getting
solid goaltending.

1. bismarck - they will come together
2. bottineau - come on people, they are good
3. century - good, but way too cocky
4. williston - can't rely on 1 line to score all the goals
5. minot - medler will keep them in the hunt
6. hazen - they always play good at the end of the season
7. mandan - hard workers, but not alot of pure skill
8. jamestown - need some goal scorers, what happen there
9. dickinson - need lots of help, it goes in streaks for some teams
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:20 am

Top Shelf wrote:i like the prediction "ih8gophers" but i say bottineau will finish in the 2 spot. they have way
more talent than people give them credit for. however this prediction is based on them getting
solid goaltending.

1. bismarck - they will come together
2. bottineau - come on people, they are good
3. century - good, but way too cocky
4. williston - can't rely on 1 line to score all the goals
5. minot - medler will keep them in the hunt
6. hazen - they always play good at the end of the season
7. mandan - hard workers, but not alot of pure skill
8. jamestown - need some goal scorers, what happen there
9. dickinson - need lots of help, it goes in streaks for some teams

Wow I can only guess where your from or where you/your child plays for I am not going to say your wrong because you should know you are.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ih8gophers » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:54 am

I do think Bottineau has a pretty decent team, but I don't think they can get to that 2 spot. They have to be more consistent then they were against DL and learn to hold on to a lead. Yes they did win but they gave up a 3 goal lead and seemed pretty rattled by it. I am a Bottineau fan and grew up there. I hope to see them do well but I think putting them in the 2 spot is to high.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 pm

ih8gophers wrote:I do think Bottineau has a pretty decent team, but I don't think they can get to that 2 spot. They have to be more consistent then they were against DL and learn to hold on to a lead. Yes they did win but they gave up a 3 goal lead and seemed pretty rattled by it. I am a Bottineau fan and grew up there. I hope to see them do well but I think putting them in the 2 spot is to high.

I agree with this, thats why I have them as a "darkhorse" I can see them in the 4-5 spot going into the WDA tourny and maybe pulling somthing off and making state.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:11 pm

1. CHS
2. BHS
3. Williston
4. Minot.........2-0 loss to GFC is impressive
5. Mandan......could've easily beaten Williston....team has potential
6. Bottineau.....not sure how good D.L. is but a good win for them

7. Jtown
8. Dickinson
9. Hazen.......bad loss to shanley
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:03 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:1. CHS
2. BHS
3. Williston
4. Minot.........2-0 loss to GFC is impressive
5. Mandan......could've easily beaten Williston....team has potential
6. Bottineau.....not sure how good D.L. is but a good win for them

7. Jtown
8. Dickinson
9. Hazen.......bad loss to shanley

bhs lost to minot, the only reason the game between minot and gfc was close is because from what i understood is meddler stood on his head the entire game.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to WDA