6. Bottineau
7. Mandan
8. Jamestown
9. Dickinson
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2009-2010

Postby hockeyguru » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:51 pm

1. CHS- had a young team this year that had a freshman as a leading scorer they are gonna be good
2. Minot- have top line returning and Medler back also
3. Williston- have Dickerson and Nelson returning
4. Bismarck- lost a great senior class but still have Romanick and Dvorak in net
5. Jamestown or Bottinneau- to close to tell
7. Mandan
8. Hazen
9. Dickinson
hockeyguru
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:28 pm

I have a feeling Jamestown will be battteling in the play in game again this year, Paimont was the whole team and he couldnt even get them to WDA it might be another long season for them...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Orr4 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:34 am

You shouldn't leave Hazen out of the mix, IMO they did extremely well for how many players they had last year. They have a lot of returners coming back plus their goalie, who i thought should've been put on the All-WDA team. I don't know if this is true or not but i heard they also have a bunch of bantams coming up who are supposed to be pretty good. Hazen is going to be a darkhorse team next year and will definetly pull off some upsets.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:15 am

Orr4 wrote:You shouldn't leave Hazen out of the mix, IMO they did extremely well for how many players they had last year. They have a lot of returners coming back plus their goalie, who i thought should've been put on the All-WDA team. I don't know if this is true or not but i heard they also have a bunch of bantams coming up who are supposed to be pretty good. Hazen is going to be a darkhorse team next year and will definetly pull off some upsets.

ya i think theyll be pretty decent. i put them at 5th because about 90% of their team was sophmores or juniors this year.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:02 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:
Orr4 wrote:You shouldn't leave Hazen out of the mix, IMO they did extremely well for how many players they had last year. They have a lot of returners coming back plus their goalie, who i thought should've been put on the All-WDA team. I don't know if this is true or not but i heard they also have a bunch of bantams coming up who are supposed to be pretty good. Hazen is going to be a darkhorse team next year and will definetly pull off some upsets.

ya i think theyll be pretty decent. i put them at 5th because about 90% of their team was sophmores or juniors this year.

Not this next year, but the year after so the 2010/2011 season it sounds like if all of their kids stay out Hazen will again have enough for a JV team which will only help them, I hope to see this happen!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby L91 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 pm

hockeyguru wrote:1. CHS- had a young team this year that had a freshman as a leading scorer they are gonna be good
4. Bismarck- lost a great senior class but still have Romanick and Dvorak in net
7. Mandan
8. Hazen
9. Dickinson

But Dvorak was not good, so how is that an asset?
L91
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:18 pm

L91 wrote:
hockeyguru wrote:1. CHS- had a young team this year that had a freshman as a leading scorer they are gonna be good
7. Mandan
8. Hazen
9. Dickinson

Dvorak had the 3rd best goalie stats in the state behind Buchholz of South and Lang of GFC, I would say any goalie that gives up less than 2 goals a game is decent...and being only a junior with a year under his belt he should only get better!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:05 am

4thliner wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
L91 wrote:
7. Mandan
8. Hazen
9. Dickinson

Dvorak had the 3rd best goalie stats in the state behind Buchholz of South and Lang of GFC, I would say any goalie that gives up less than 2 goals a game is decent...and being only a junior with a year under his belt he should only get better!

ya i agree i could see him not starting next year. bhs only allowed an average of 13 shots on net a game or something so 2 goals allowed on 13 shots is not that good at all.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby L91 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:23 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:
4thliner wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
L91 wrote:
7. Mandan
8. Hazen
9. Dickinson

ya i agree i could see him not starting next year. bhs only allowed an average of 13 shots on net a game or something so 2 goals allowed on 13 shots is not that good at all.

Exactly, you cant just go off stats. Half the players on that team could probably strap pads on and do better than he did. I mean come on, 75% save average during a state championship game?
L91
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DefenseFirst » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Yeah, Saucer knows nothing about goaltending or hockey! Dvorak is a very weak keeper. You can rack up easy saves and maintain a good save percentage when you have a solid defense that keeps all the shots to the outside and the d clears the front of the net. 90 percent of the saves he made against the west I'm sure a bantam A goalie could do.
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsallday » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:19 pm

DefenseFirst wrote:Yeah, Saucer knows nothing about goaltending or hockey! Dvorak is a very weak keeper. You can rack up easy saves and maintain a good save percentage when you have a solid defense that keeps all the shots to the outside and the d clears the front of the net. 90 percent of the saves he made against the west I'm sure a bantam A goalie could do.

agreed actually couldnt of said it better myself BHS was a strong team this year in my opinon the strongest in the state other than there goaltending with a decent goalie in net they would have dominated RR and been state champs, the only way any team ever even came close in a game with BHS is if there goalie had a great game and stood on there head and they got a few quality shots on Dvorak which chances are about half there shots went in
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Return to WDA