BHS vs WHS

Teams of the West Region

Re: BHS vs WHS

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:42 pm

I like the chatter but keep it civil. :)

Congrats to the Williston team in the upset, it'll make the WDA a lot more interesting than it has been lately with BHS running the show. But really, I think just like South needed their loss against Bismarck in order to feel human, I think Bismark needed the loss to Williston. It will relieve a lot of pressure come the end of the season and allow them to simply just get the job done.

Again, congrats to Williston on a well deserved win.

Edit: I'm sorry I didn't Game of the Week this, I really should have but I didn't know that it was scheduled for this week. My apologies.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyfan741 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:02 am

okay i saw the game and williston just flat out wanted it more. but BHS is a great team and if it did anything to them, it helped them, now they know ok we can be beat, who knows might be the best thing for the demons, but congrats to willy for the upset
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:18 am

If anything...it's a reality check for the demons, but Williston came out strong and IMP wanted it more, despite being out shot. They tightened up their D-zone and Bismarck didn't get awhole lot of quality shots. Again congrats to Williston! A well-deserved win...
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby KyleJRM » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 am

Judging from the looks on their faces and the sounds you could hear in the hallway as they filed into the locker room, Bismarck's players did not take this lightly, nor will they forget. The playoff rematches should be awesome :)
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:53 am

the result of this game is shocking but does not change my opinion on things. i still think bhs is far superior to williston and i truly believe that the bounces must have gone willistons way all night. for those of you saying that they are BHS was the number one team in the state that is definetly not true maybe second or third at best. bhs hasnt lost to a west team for ages it was bound to happen eventually and its good for bhs that it happened now. bhs will now be more motivated than ever and will win WDA. As for BHS and williston meeting at state i really dont see that happening williston has ZERO chance to make it past the first round and I think BHS has a very good chance.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby numba3511 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:56 am

i agree with you when you say BHS is a better team.. but this just goes to show you that they can be beat and there is nothing saying that if they do meet at state it won't happen again..
私はちょうどあなたにこれほど上への翻訳ウェブサイトを見させました
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby numba3511 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:58 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:the result of this game is shocking but does not change my opinion on things. i still think bhs is far superior to williston and i truly believe that the bounces must have gone willistons way all night. for those of you saying that they are BHS was the number one team in the state that is definetly not true maybe second or third at best. bhs hasnt lost to a west team for ages it was bound to happen eventually and its good for bhs that it happened now. bhs will now be more motivated than ever and will win WDA. As for BHS and williston meeting at state i really dont see that happening williston has ZERO chance to make it past the first round and I think BHS has a very good chance.

why ZERO chance?
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyfan741 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:13 am

Sauce you are a total hater of the williston as i see in your many previous post is this because your senior year you couldnt beat williston the at all.
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockey4life » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:14 am

ok number one. i don't see how people cant think williston is a legit team. number two who knows who is going to make it past the first round anything can happen at the state tourney. people should not be hating on willy they should be congratulating them for a well deserved win. some people should just forget their pride for a second and accept this. i think willy showed that they are a good team and can play with strong teams when they want to. IMO.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby numba3511 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:18 am

agreed.
A win is a win.. no excuses.

You can't predict ZERO chance for williston to not make it past the first round.. anything can happen..
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:25 am

hockeyfan741 wrote:Sauce you are a total hater of the williston as i see in your many previous post is this because your senior year you couldnt beat williston the at all.

Your right, I straight up DO NOT LIKE WILLISTON, are you happy, I love the town and most of the people I know from there, Rehak is a great guy I like him alot...Liff and Leer are cool too, I could care less we didn't beat them my senior year but I was there and did play so I know how their system works don't fool yourself. I feel that after I watched the mandan williston game I got a good feel for willy and I will not say names but I feel that there are a couple of classless kids on that team, you don't showboat when you score a goal...or get a assist when you are still down 3-2. And I like how your talking about a willy BHS state meeting, has willy ever won a first round game even??? and before you say its just willy i hate you can throw in minot and dicky just to be fair. I personally (and it is MY opinion) dont feel willy is that good. you can hate me for that. I am done with this I will see who is talking at WDA and State, If its still willy as I said before I will gladly eat my words until than I will keep spitten them!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyfan741 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:32 am

i can see where you are coming from i just dont get how you get on day in and day out about every topic willy is on and trash them, im fine with it i dont care who you do and dont hate im just wondering what Mandan game? In Mandan? or in willy?
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyplaya » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:04 am

From any and I mean ANY game that I have ever watched WHS play I have never seen any showboating of goals or assists... Who showboats when they get an assist anyway? The team has class and no one should say otherwise, just another excuse from Sauce...sac up and be a man and give congrats to a team that deserves it. It might be good for the demons that they lost this game, letting them know they can be beat, but I guarantee you that it will give Williston the confidence they need. The confidence that will let them know when they want it, they will be able to beat A N Y O N E.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:08 am

i was not able to attend the game but it sounds like williston pretty much dominated.. am i right?? does anyone know any stats like shots, time of possession? did williston roll over bhs or was it a good game?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:37 am

goteam11 wrote:i was not able to attend the game but it sounds like williston pretty much dominated.. am i right?? does anyone know any stats like shots, time of possession? did williston roll over bhs or was it a good game?

Shots....BHS 35, Williston 19
Penalties BHS 3 minors 1 misconduct, WHS 3 minors

kinda sounds like dvorak sucked it up to me 5 goals is a ton on 19 shots
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby KyleJRM » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:46 am

I definitely wouldn't say Williston dominated. More like they worked their butts off to keep Bismarck contained, and then put away their chances when they got them.

I'm not a good enough observer to say if they put away their chances because they hit awesome shots or if the defense or goalie goofed.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:54 am

KyleJRM wrote:I definitely wouldn't say Williston dominated. More like they worked their butts off to keep Bismarck contained, and then put away their chances when they got them.

I'm not a good enough observer to say if they put away their chances because they hit awesome shots or if the defense or goalie goofed.

I heard romanick didnt play for bus. He is pretty much the heart of their defense. Anyone know why?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyfan741 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:08 am

he has mono
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eleven » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:21 am

First of all, you guys need to show a bit of respect to all of these teams. When I played that is the way you acted on and off of the ice no matter whom your opponet was.

The game last night was played hard and clean. The Coyotes just looked like they wanted it more. The 1st period was well played and pretty equal, I think shots the first period were 10-9 BHS, the second was BHSs' though the score did not indicate it. BHS came out and scored a PP goal that was perfectly executed (it was pretty) then Evanson started standing on his head. The third was equal until the last 5 minutes, BHS made it look like a shooting gallery, until they took a penality and 30 seconds into that WHS scored a pretty PP goal of there own to basically wrap the game up.

It was a very good game, it should make WDA all that more entertaining.
Eleven
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsking09 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:23 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:
goteam11 wrote:i was not able to attend the game but it sounds like williston pretty much dominated.. am i right?? does anyone know any stats like shots, time of possession? did williston roll over bhs or was it a good game?

that is because dvoark really isnt that good at all! he has less than half of of shots on net then that of evanson, and has a worse save percentage over the season so far. face it the only reason he looks good and why everyone thinks he is good is because no one ever really gets a shot on him because they are stopped by bismarcks defense. the truth of the matter is that bismarck does not really have a good goalie on the team, and that will show come tourny time!
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Keyz20 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:14 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:

yea most of bismarcks shots were taken at about the blue line...never really tried to walk it for a better shot...they just wound up a howitzer 80% of the time...and evanson had an outstanding game making some key saves
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spoiler92 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:30 am

If you are hoping for a Bis-Willy game at state, it won't be for anything other than a shot at 5th, or for 5th, because both of them will not win first round games and for sure won't be playing for 1st.
Good Job Willy, but relax, it isn't tournament time yet, thats when it matters!
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Keep it respectful please.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Spoiler92 wrote:If you are hoping for a Bis-Willy game at state, it won't be for anything other than a shot at 5th, or for 5th, because both of them will not win first round games and for sure won't be playing for 1st.

Ok I said I was done, but it doesn't matter how much I dislike any west team, I still like every west team 10x more than any east team and hearing this from a hardley 4th seed in the west I hope GPR gets the 3 seed in the east and I hope willy gets the 2 seed in the west cuz as much as I hate to say willy will win the 1-4 teams in the west can beat the 3-4 seeds out east...we already know your 1 seed lost
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyplaya » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Spoiler92 wrote:If you are hoping for a Bis-Willy game at state, it won't be for anything other than a shot at 5th, or for 5th, because both of them will not win first round games and for sure won't be playing for 1st.

Ok I said I was done, but it doesn't matter how much I dislike any west team, I still like every west team 10x more than any east team and hearing this from a hardley 4th seed in the west I hope GPR gets the 3 seed in the east and I hope willy gets the 2 seed in the west cuz as much as I hate to say willy will win the 1-4 teams in the west can beat the 3-4 seeds out east...we already know your 1 seed lost

For once Sauce, I totally agree with you, except for maybe Willy being number two in the West, haha we'll see com WDA time. I hate the east teams. Just whiny little you know whats. Now that we have a couple teams that can compete with them, it's going to be a fun state tourney to watch, and if you think no west team will make it past the first round, you are going to be very upset at state.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to WDA