Week 4

Teams of the West Region

Re: Week 4

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:33 am

hockeyfan741 wrote:ouch, i had no idea they were THAT bad, but how many goals did the seniors have when they were in?

Umm CHS didn't dress any seniors there were 7 or 8 just watching the game from the bleechers.

And thank you R. Roy, were you there?? any comments if so??
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Radiation_Roy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:30 am

Saucesauer wrote:
hockeyfan741 wrote:ouch, i had no idea they were THAT bad, but how many goals did the seniors have when they were in?

Umm CHS didn't dress any seniors there were 7 or 8 just watching the game from the bleechers.

And thank you R. Roy, were you there?? any comments if so??

ya i went...it was a close game for awhile....1-1 after one period....4-3 mandan after two periods then mandan just pulled away.....i almost felt bad for jamestown it looked like they dressed about 12 kids and they had about 5 kids who you could even consider being decent.....paiment must have played about 13-14 minutes a period....he doesnt really do much he just waits to get the puck....he plays suckhole alot too....but im not blaming him because its the only way they can generate offense.....mandan looked a little better some guys besides riopelle actually scored.....he did have a hatrick too tho
Radiation_Roy

Postby hockeyfan741 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:50 am

ouch, how is Centurys third line, do they run 3?
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:50 pm

hockeyfan741 wrote:ouch, how is Centurys third line, do they run 3?
'
I believe they ran 4 and their 3, 4 lines were a part of 3 of their goals if i remember correctly
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby trinity9 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:07 pm

H/B 6-1 over botno
trinity9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ddn4tcom » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:06 pm

I got a kick out of how many people expected the minot/dickinson game to be a blowout...

Minot - 1
Dickinson - 0
FINAL

it got exciting towards the end when dickinson was on PP for the last two minutes and then pulled the goalie...put still couldn't pull it off...the last 5 seconds was a big old traffic jam right around the goal when Dickinson tried to score...
ddn4tcom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ssayler13 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:09 pm

Just wondering, but BHS and MHS(Minot) have already played in Minot once this year, Right? So why are they playing another game tonight in Minot so early in the season or is the game in Bismarck? Just wondering, thought maybe someone would know.
ssayler13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:40 pm

ssayler13 wrote:Just wondering, but BHS and MHS(Minot) have already played in Minot once this year, Right? So why are they playing another game tonight in Minot so early in the season or is the game in Bismarck? Just wondering, thought maybe someone would know.

I got it for ya, The first game was non conference...I cant remember why i think i read it in a previous thread on here or in the Minot Daily but ya, now this one and the next one count.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:13 pm

Willy 4, CHS 3
Great game to watch...that is if you like to watch bantam b games. Willy came out really hungary scored 2 goals in the first 2 min. of the game, CHS tied it at 2 all in the first. 2nd period Willy got the only goal nothing really amazing happened in the 2nd, third period CHS hit the crossbar and it dropped right into willys goalie, with about 1:40 left CHS pulled and notted up the game on some nice passing. With 20 secs. left Willy had some nice sustained pressure down low I think #12 or #5 walked about 3 CHS guys took a shot and someone banged home the rebound. Still amazed, was talking to a parent and he was saying if i were you I would love to play hockey aginst this caliber of team, He later went on to explaine to me that by that he meant that the west is soo weak this year its sad....the unfortunate part about this is that this game really confirmed everything he said. If Minot, CHS and Willy are supposed to be the 2-4 seeds, they really have to pick up their game....Although I have yet to see Minot this year.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyplaya » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Saucesauer wrote:Willy 4, CHS 3
Great game to watch...that is if you like to watch bantam b games. Willy came out really hungary scored 2 goals in the first 2 min. of the game, CHS tied it at 2 all in the first. 2nd period Willy got the only goal nothing really amazing happened in the 2nd, third period CHS hit the crossbar and it dropped right into willys goalie, with about 1:40 left CHS pulled and notted up the game on some nice passing. With 20 secs. left Willy had some nice sustained pressure down low I think #12 or #5 walked about 3 CHS guys took a shot and someone banged home the rebound. Still amazed, was talking to a parent and he was saying if i were you I would love to play hockey aginst this caliber of team, He later went on to explaine to me that by that he meant that the west is soo weak this year its sad....the unfortunate part about this is that this game really confirmed everything he said. If Minot, CHS and Willy are supposed to be the 2-4 seeds, they really have to pick up their game....Although I have yet to see Minot this year.

Again Saucesauer, I don't know what game you were watching...When did this puck hit the crossbar now? Sorry...did not happen. When CHS pulled their goalie, nice play. Saw the goal coming before he passed the puck. The goal with 20 seconds left was what should of happened all night for williston. They just don't have near the depth they need, and were tired from the night before. #12 Nelson walked around a guy or two got it behind the CHS net and made a beautiful pass to #6 Dickerson for the game winner. It was basically a replay of the first goal, 9 seconds into the game. The reason this game was "Bantam B" some would say...was because CHS is not a very high calibur team and Williston was dead tired from the night before. Just like how Bismarck High beat Minot only 3-1 tonight. Probably tired from last night...
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 4baseball4 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:21 am

hockeyplaya wrote:

Again Saucesauer, I don't know what game you were watching...When did this puck hit the crossbar now? Sorry...did not happen. When CHS pulled their goalie, nice play. Saw the goal coming before he passed the puck. The goal with 20 seconds left was what should of happened all night for williston. They just don't have near the depth they need, and were tired from the night before. #12 Nelson walked around a guy or two got it behind the CHS net and made a beautiful pass to #6 Dickerson for the game winner. It was basically a replay of the first goal, 9 seconds into the game. The reason this game was "Bantam B" some would say...was because CHS is not a very high calibur team and Williston was dead tired from the night before. Just like how Bismarck High beat Minot only 3-1 tonight. Probably tired from last night...

Hockeyplaya. just letting you know that in third period a century shot did smoke the crossbar and land behind the goilie. a willy playa shoved it into his goalie. lucky play.
4baseball4

Postby Radiation_Roy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:07 am

i dont think "being tired" should ever be used as an exuse for anything. especially since these teams run 3-4 lines....my bantam team ran 3 defense the other day and lost and we didnt use that as an excuse.
Radiation_Roy

Postby goteam11 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:15 am

hockeyplaya wrote:

bismarck high may have been tired, but they also got called for about 8 more penalties than minot. i think they were on penalty kill more than 5 on 5
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyfan741 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:22 am

hockeyplaya, as i recall the first goal was a rebound shot from #7 Mosby and #6 dickerson put it away
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:55 am

hockeyplaya wrote:

Now that we have that crossbar issue covered which it hit quite well and was quite loud (you may want to get vision and hearing checked) I will also say, CHS #8 hit the right side post in the 2nd period when he was tripped/took a dive couldnt tell which one, but that probley didn't happen either huh?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:56 am

I will also say I believe Willy hit 1 post as well.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:56 am

I will also say I believe Willy hit 1 post as well.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Magifan11 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:15 pm

who cares if you hit the post its not going in is it
Magifan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:33 pm

Magifan11 wrote:who cares if you hit the post its not going in is it

Thats not the point I am just saying that CHS had chances to win it...and no one from willy thought they had a chance.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Orr4 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:23 pm

Saucesauer wrote:

Thats not the point I am just saying that CHS had chances to win it...and no one from willy thought they had a chance.

umm......century played who the night before?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:33 pm

Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

OMG these are 16-18 year old kids, if they cant recover in 24 hours they are screwed when they get to 30...Is that going to be both the west teams excuses after they go 2 and bbq at state? "we played yesterday and got beat by a team that is OBVIOUSLY better than us so we arnt going to play good today" SPARE ME!
Last edited by Saucesauer on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Radiation_Roy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:40 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

OMG these are 16-18 year old kids, if they cant recover in 24 hours they are screwed when they get to 30...Is that going to be both the west teams excuses after they go 2 and bbq at state? "we played yesterday by a team that is OBVIOUSLY better than us so we arnt going to play good today" SPARE ME!

i agree that is a horsesh*t excuse
Radiation_Roy

Postby Keyz20 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:53 am

Radiation_Roy wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

OMG these are 16-18 year old kids, if they cant recover in 24 hours they are screwed when they get to 30...Is that going to be both the west teams excuses after they go 2 and bbq at state? "we played yesterday by a team that is OBVIOUSLY better than us so we arnt going to play good today" SPARE ME!

but sometimes you got to remember that some of the players that play alot of varsity play some jv cause i saw quite a few of the same williston kids play 1 or 2 periods of jv plus all 3 periods of varsity...thats 4 to 5 periods a night and i'm sure thats a little hard to recover 100% in 20 hours or so especially playing someone like BHS the night before...and some were some of there staters and key players...and cause willistons bench on both teams look low sometimes they would have to double shift during the game which also isn't very easy
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:08 am

Keyz20 wrote:
Radiation_Roy wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

but sometimes you got to remember that some of the players that play alot of varsity play some jv cause i saw quite a few of the same williston kids play 1 or 2 periods of jv plus all 3 periods of varsity...thats 4 to 5 periods a night and i'm sure thats a little hard to recover 100% in 20 hours or so especially playing someone like BHS the night before...and some were some of there staters and key players...and cause willistons bench on both teams look low sometimes they would have to double shift during the game which also isn't very easy

I loved double shifting.....why did Willy only have 15 skaters and 2 goalies dressed? thats a full line they didnt have???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eleven » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:24 am

Good God! All you guys do on here is Bash. I know, I know, when you played teams were better, and more skilled and deeper, and nobody is better then your school. I played 94-97 and there were good teams, just as there are now. As a coach of a highschool team now, you can only coach the kids you have. Are Bottineau, Hazen, Diki, Williston at a disadvantage to schools such as Bismarck, Century, Minot, South, Red River, etc.. Certainley when Hazen has 14 kids total, against Red River whom can cut kids from there whole highschool program, strength in numbers and more talent to choose from. Is that an excuse for why these schools have a more difficult time competing, you would have to agree with that. When I played in the late 90's Hazen had some decent teams, as well as Bottineau had there hay days. I am proud of how well I think the West has progressed and I believe it is growing stronger hockey players. I think BHS has a very strong team, as well WHS, CHS, and MHS, the difference is depth, strength in numbers. I believe if you look at the East and how they did against the Minnesota teams this past weekend, paints the same picture. The East can domintate most West teams, and talk crap about it, do you think the Minnesota top teams talk crap to the East ND teams.

I think that it is great that we get to see good hockey in ND and the development of players, no matter if it is WHS 4 vs. CHS 3 or Bottineau 2 vs. Diki 1 or Bloomington Jefferson 6 vs. Grafton 0.
Eleven
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to WDA