Week 4

Teams of the West Region

Re: Week 4

Postby Radiation_Roy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:50 pm

Eleven wrote:Good God! All you guys do on here is Bash. I know, I know, when you played teams were better, and more skilled and deeper, and nobody is better then your school. I played 94-97 and there were good teams, just as there are now. As a coach of a highschool team now, you can only coach the kids you have. Are Bottineau, Hazen, Diki, Williston at a disadvantage to schools such as Bismarck, Century, Minot, South, Red River, etc.. Certainley when Hazen has 14 kids total, against Red River whom can cut kids from there whole highschool program, strength in numbers and more talent to choose from. Is that an excuse for why these schools have a more difficult time competing, you would have to agree with that. When I played in the late 90's Hazen had some decent teams, as well as Bottineau had there hay days. I am proud of how well I think the West has progressed and I believe it is growing stronger hockey players. I think BHS has a very strong team, as well WHS, CHS, and MHS, the difference is depth, strength in numbers. I believe if you look at the East and how they did against the Minnesota teams this past weekend, paints the same picture. The East can domintate most West teams, and talk crap about it, do you think the Minnesota top teams talk crap to the East ND teams.

I think that it is great that we get to see good hockey in ND and the development of players, no matter if it is WHS 4 vs. CHS 3 or Bottineau 2 vs. Diki 1 or Bloomington Jefferson 6 vs. Grafton 0.

i think you kinda missed what we were talking about.....we werent discussing the numbers a program has but how it shouldnt be that hard for high school kids to recover in 24 hours
Radiation_Roy

Postby Eleven » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:01 pm

I understand that your last discussion was on that the 24 hour turnaround. I am talking on a broad level of discussions that have been going on here is what my topic referred to. As well as if Williston has 3/4 of their team having to play JV as well that has something to do with the numbers in a program.
Eleven
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyplaya » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:09 pm

Ok still don't remember the shot off the crossbar but whatever didnt no goal get over it. So Saucesauer you never got tired after you played the night before...ever??? If you werent then either a) you didn't play or b) you obviously didn't skate to hard. Same thing said to Radiation_Roy if you even played. Williston does NOT run 3-4 lines they have 2 and occasionally send out the third when the first two are out of gas. As for the replay goal, if you take a shot from behind the net then sure it was a nice shot.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:15 pm

hockeyplaya wrote:Ok still don't remember the shot off the crossbar but whatever didnt no goal get over it. So Saucesauer you never got tired after you played the night before...ever??? If you werent then either a) you didn't play or b) you obviously didn't skate to hard. Same thing said to Radiation_Roy if you even played. Williston does NOT run 3-4 lines they have 2 and occasionally send out the third when the first two are out of gas. As for the replay goal, if you take a shot from behind the net then sure it was a nice shot.

I gave it my all EVERY shift I have seen 4-5 season ending injuries from buddies on previous teams, I don't understand why you have to make excuses when you did after all win the game my only point was me saying with that game I fell CHS proved they were a 2-4 seed team in the WEST and i didnt believe it until that game. GOOD JOB you won don't make excuses for how you played! and the fact that you only run 2 with a occasional 3 is that forshadowing for the next couple of years in Willy with their talent level?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Radiation_Roy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:18 pm

hockeyplaya wrote:Ok still don't remember the shot off the crossbar but whatever didnt no goal get over it. So Saucesauer you never got tired after you played the night before...ever??? If you werent then either a) you didn't play or b) you obviously didn't skate to hard. Same thing said to Radiation_Roy if you even played. Williston does NOT run 3-4 lines they have 2 and occasionally send out the third when the first two are out of gas. As for the replay goal, if you take a shot from behind the net then sure it was a nice shot.

ive been on teams where we ran 2 forward lines and 3-4 defense and we always played hard and never saw being tired a reason for losing the game.....maybe if this is such an issue williston needs to condition more.
Radiation_Roy

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:42 pm

Radiation_Roy wrote:

ive been on teams where we ran 2 forward lines and 3-4 defense and we always played hard and never saw being tired a reason for losing the game.....maybe if this is such an issue williston needs to condition more.

Besides that you have the biggest sheet of ice in the state, so you really shouldnt be whining about having to play on a smaller sheet you should be flying around...and now that I think about it you probley didnt see the crossbar shot because you had to be on the bench for it...3rd liner???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Keyz20 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:15 am

Radiation_Roy wrote:

k for one we were talking about the century game and how williston could've benn a little tired from the night before...and if i recall they won that game...so obviously there would be no whining or anything cause they WON!!!
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Radiation_Roy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:26 pm

Keyz20 wrote:
Radiation_Roy wrote:

k for one we were talking about the century game and how williston could've benn a little tired from the night before...and if i recall they won that game...so obviously there would be no whining or anything cause they WON!!!

ppl were making up reasons why it was such a close game.....but the way chs played against bhs it looks like they are a contender
Radiation_Roy

Postby hockeyplaya » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:56 am

Saucesauer wrote:
Radiation_Roy wrote:

Besides that you have the biggest sheet of ice in the state, so you really shouldnt be whining about having to play on a smaller sheet you should be flying around...and now that I think about it you probley didnt see the crossbar shot because you had to be on the bench for it...3rd liner???

LOL!!! sorry but I graduated already there bud...so no sorry not on 3rd line. If you played your heart out and left it all on the ice, you should be rested up by the next day but not up to 100% as I remember. It's not a matter of conditioning, it's a matter of giving it your all. Not saying that you don't give it your all everynight, just that you might not have as much to offer the second or third night of play.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:37 am

hockeyplaya wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Radiation_Roy wrote:

LOL!!! sorry but I graduated already there bud...so no sorry not on 3rd line. If you played your heart out and left it all on the ice, you should be rested up by the next day but not up to 100% as I remember. It's not a matter of conditioning, it's a matter of giving it your all. Not saying that you don't give it your all everynight, just that you might not have as much to offer the second or third night of play.

k i am done with this, it is 3 weeks old now, I am sticking to my point of that is a absolutly terriable excuse to have at any athletic tourny...thats almost as bad as the kid from minots we lost the first round of state so we arnt going to try the second round done
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to WDA