Hard Hitters

Teams of the West Region

Re: Hard Hitters

Postby gostars » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 pm

4baseball4 wrote:Shane Vettel from Century. Carson Winkels and Nick Romanick from BHS. I would say Cole Frenzel but I dont know if he is playing this year.

cole frenzel are you kidding me?!!? the guy is lazy and doesn't do anything on the ice! :lol: :lol:
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby trinity9 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:28 pm

gostars wrote:kyle walden is not a dirty player i play with the kid and his hits are clean all the time... and ya welding hits were hard too!

ive seen him play in about 5 games. in each he has either hit a kid from behind or when he didnt have the puck. the kid isnt a real big hitter.
trinity9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dowork » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:55 am

4baseball4 wrote:Shane Vettel from Century. Carson Winkels and Nick Romanick from BHS. I would say Cole Frenzel but I dont know if he is playing this year.

Shane is a beast. he lit people up against mandan, and hes only a sophmore. come senior year people will definatly need to look out for him.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dowork » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:58 am

dangler wrote:Romanick is the biggest hitter for BHS...especially when he gets mad! They aren't always the cleanest hits tho...he takes a lot of charging and roughing penalties.

shane lit him up last night.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:20 pm

dowork wrote:
dangler wrote:Romanick is the biggest hitter for BHS...especially when he gets mad! They aren't always the cleanest hits tho...he takes a lot of charging and roughing penalties.

Dude Vettle doesnt hit worth crap so you my want to quit talking up your buddy, and tell him to quit taking stupid penalties!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dowork » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:10 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:

Dude Vettle doesnt hit worth crap so you my want to quit talking up your buddy, and tell him to quit taking stupid penalties!

All im saying is that it was romanick was the one picking himself up of the ice... If shane doesn't hit worth a crap, then romanick must not be able to take a hit right? i dont think so. Romanick is a good, but shane is a good hitter.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:54 pm

dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:

All im saying is that it was romanick was the one picking himself up of the ice... If shane doesn't hit worth a crap, then romanick must not be able to take a hit right? i dont think so. Romanick is a good, but shane is a good hitter.

I must have missed that hit, or was that one of the 3 he ended up in the sin bin for? I don't feel he is a big hitter i would say 3rd or 4th on the team.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:17 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:

I must have missed that hit, or was that one of the 3 he ended up in the sin bin for? I don't feel he is a big hitter i would say 3rd or 4th on the team.

honestly your almost better off not hitting much in hs hockey because more often than not the refs will find something to call you on......big hits often will get called as roughing simply because a player just got ........
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby dowork » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:07 am

Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:

Really? 3rd or 4th? who would you put ahead of him? Im not trying to be sarcastic...
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:42 am

dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:

Really? 3rd or 4th? who would you put ahead of him? Im not trying to be sarcastic...

Rothberg, hits harder not always clean though
Kovar, I have seen him drop a couple people
so I would go 3rd for Vettel
I would put Matt Menge on here but his hits are never clean and I feel he plays dirty.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dowork » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:34 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:

I would put Matt Menge on here but his hits are never clean and I feel he plays dirty.

menge also falls down while celebrating his goal and hurts his knee and doesnt play for the rest of the game. I dont think rothberg hits harder than vettle though. hes good but the kid weighs maybe 120 lbs...
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:34 pm

dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:

menge also falls down while celebrating his goal and hurts his knee and doesnt play for the rest of the game. I dont think rothberg hits harder than vettle though. hes good but the kid weighs maybe 120 lbs...

At least Menge scores, Rothberg does hit harder, trust me I have been at every CHS home game for the past 2 years now as well as all their WDA games in minot and both state games, I have NEVER seen Vettel drop a kid sooo unless he saves all his big hits for away games he imo is still 3rd on the list.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:42 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
dowork wrote:

honestly your almost better off not hitting much in hs hockey because more often than not the refs will find something to call you on......big hits often will get called as roughing simply because a player just got ........

no hitting in hs hockey.that is what the game is about.winning the 1on1 battles in all aspects of the game.big hits can be game changing for a team or are you one of those people that blame wins and losses on the refs.reason why hs kids get called for roughing on big hits is they lead with hands,elbows, and then the shoulder. i have seen it and called it numerous times.keep your hands down when you take the body and these so called roughing penalties will not get called.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4baseball4 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Kovar is 5'5 and probably one of the biggest hitters in the west. I dont think ive ever seen him get lit up. The kid is a beast.
4baseball4

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:40 pm

sportsguruguy wrote:no hitting in hs hockey.that is what the game is about.winning the 1on1 battles in all aspects of the game.big hits can be game changing for a team or are you one of those people that blame wins and losses on the refs.reason why hs kids get called for roughing on big hits is they lead with hands,elbows, and then the shoulder. i have seen it and called it numerous times.keep your hands down when you take the body and these so called roughing penalties will not get called.

I do agree that the physical aspect of the game can change momentum, etc... An agressive forecheck can make puckhandlers mishandle the puck when worrying about being hit, and can change the game. I disagree though, that the game is about hitting, so to speak. You can win 1 on 1 battles by being the faster skater and moving your feet. You can avoid big hits by being the better skater. Teams that concentrate solely on the big hit more times than not lose. Teams that concentrate on putting the puck in the net tend to win more often than the big hitting football on ice type teams.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby c71 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Shane Vettel (CHS) rips kids day and night, just ask Jared Hochalter (BHS) how hard he hits. :lol: :lol: :lol:
c71

Postby c71 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Dan Kovar= God
c71

Postby numba3511 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:58 pm

c71 wrote:Dan Kovar= God

why is he god?
私はちょうどあなたにこれほど上への翻訳ウェブサイトを見させました
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:39 pm

im sure jared loves the look on vettels face after he scores on him just ask vettel
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:23 pm

c71 wrote:Shane Vettel (CHS) rips kids day and night, just ask Jared Hochalter (BHS) how hard he hits. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i follow wda hockey pretty closely and ive never even heard of this vettel kid.....he must not score much
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:48 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:
c71 wrote:Shane Vettel (CHS) rips kids day and night, just ask Jared Hochalter (BHS) how hard he hits. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i follow wda hockey pretty closely and ive never even heard of this vettel kid.....he must not score much

He is a defender, he doesnt score a lot, and for that matter doesnt hit a lot.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bringit » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:11 pm

Cole Liedholt (sp?) from Minot lays down the law...and he's only a sophomore i beleive.
bringit
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:20 pm

bringit wrote:Cole Liedholt (sp?) from Minot lays down the law...and he's only a sophomore i beleive.

Watching both Minot games in bis...a majority of the Minot kids hit pretty well, and a update do works stud Vettel I was talking to a kid that plays for CHS and apparently on of his teammates cheap shoted him at practice and hit him from behind, and it sounds like his hockey career is done because he suffered either his 3rd 4th or 5th concussion.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 4thliner » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:25 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
bringit wrote:Cole Liedholt (sp?) from Minot lays down the law...and he's only a sophomore i beleive.

Watching both Minot games in bis...a majority of the Minot kids hit pretty well, and a update do works stud Vettel I was talking to a kid that plays for CHS and apparently on of his teammates cheap shoted him at practice and hit him from behind, and it sounds like his hockey career is done because he suffered either his 3rd 4th or 5th concussion.

actually it was his 9th concussion!
4thliner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:19 am

4thliner wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

actually it was his 9th concussion!

i know vettel pretty well and he told me if was his 5th when i talked to him a couple weeks ago.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to WDA