Opening week

Teams of the West Region

Opening week

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:23 pm

This is what i have for scores
BHS 6 WF 2 Sounds like BHS is really well balanced 10 different players getting points in the game, its nonconference so they rolled 4 lines....By far the best team in the west!!!

Hazen 7, Shanley 6....Apparently this one sounded like a gong show.

FN 2, CHS 1...No idea about this game, apparently it was scoreless well into the 3rd.

Williston 5, Mandan 4 OT......Was at this game, I have nothing good to say about Willy, their goalie may be a returner but WOW :shock: I would not put much stock into whos returning for netminders in the west this year! Mandan was up 3-1 after 1, tied at 3 after 2, and winning 4-3 with 1:30 left in the game but eventually lost, There were 2 REALLY REALLY bad penalties called on mandan with about 4 min. left in the third and a absolutly god awful call on them about 1 min into OT as much as it pains me to say it, Mandan got screwed....Mandans goalie is ok at best goes down way tooo much, pick a top corner and you should score about 90% of the time. All i can say from this game is Willy is not a top 2 team, and Mandan is a 4-7 team.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Opening week

Postby Favre#1 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:55 pm

Dickinson lost to shanley tonite 3-2 it was a very good game throughout the whole game
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby preps12 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:23 am

Jamestown Won 1-0 in OT on Friday night against Dickinson and Lost 3-0 on Saturday to Williston.
preps12
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:51 am

BHS 4
DL 3
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby bambino701 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:19 pm

Hazen/Beulah 7 Shanley 6
Hazen/Beulah 3 Wahpeton 1
bambino701

Postby hockeyplaya » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:01 pm

Ok, Saucesauer, if you were at this game then you would know that those penalties that were called in the last four minutes were not bad calls. If thats what you thought they were you need to check the rules of the game. As for the score after the first, yes Mandan was ahead 3-1, but if I recall that is what the score was last year after the first when Williston played Mandan in the first game of their WDA season...and if my memory serves me right Williston won that game and came out #2 in the west last year...am I right?
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:19 pm

hockeyplaya wrote:Ok, Saucesauer, if you were at this game then you would know that those penalties that were called in the last four minutes were not bad calls. If thats what you thought they were you need to check the rules of the game. As for the score after the first, yes Mandan was ahead 3-1, but if I recall that is what the score was last year after the first when Williston played Mandan in the first game of their WDA season...and if my memory serves me right Williston won that game and came out #2 in the west last year...am I right?

I was there, and the call on the coach was terriable, officals need to tuck in their rabbit ears! The first one a player dropped his stick and the other stepped on it and fell weak call! And in overtime keep your whistle in your pocket and let the kids decide the game! I am just saying I was NOT impressed with the pre-season hype of the goalie Its my opinion and they just looked weak to ME!!!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demon_fan14 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:05 am

hockeyplaya wrote:Ok, Saucesauer, if you were at this game then you would know that those penalties that were called in the last four minutes were not bad calls. If thats what you thought they were you need to check the rules of the game. As for the score after the first, yes Mandan was ahead 3-1, but if I recall that is what the score was last year after the first when Williston played Mandan in the first game of their WDA season...and if my memory serves me right Williston won that game and came out #2 in the west last year...am I right?

i am going to disagree with you on this and agree with saucesauer.
-a few of those penalties were total bs.....mandan had 8 penalties in the game to willistons 2
-willistons goalie is weak....or at least had a bad game....he made a pass up the middle that led to an empty net goal...that was one of the worst plays i have ever seen.
-if i can remember correctly mandan was up 1-0 last year after the first, eventually got up 2-0 and ended up losing 3-2.....mandan then went up to williston later in the year and won 5-1
-mandan was 2nd last year in the wda regular season...williston #3
-this game would qualify as a pretty solid example of getting hosed by the refs
-i dont want to hear any more hype about williston until they show me somthing better than that.
demon_fan14

Postby Orr4 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:56 am

demon_fan14 wrote:

-a few of those penalties were total bs.....mandan had 8 penalties in the game to willistons 2
-willistons goalie is weak....or at least had a bad game....he made a pass up the middle that led to an empty net goal...that was one of the worst plays i have ever seen.
-if i can remember correctly mandan was up 1-0 last year after the first, eventually got up 2-0 and ended up losing 3-2.....mandan then went up to williston later in the year and won 5-1
-i dont want to hear any more hype about williston until they show me somthing better than that.

And Williston beating a good Jamestown team 3-0 isn't showing anything?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Keyz20 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Orr4 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:

Last edited by Keyz20 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Keyz20 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:04 pm

i think its pretty hard to tell where a team stands the first game into the season...its good that williston got off on an 2-0 start (should be 3-0 after next weekend cause i think they play Bott. correct me if i'm wrong)...but the score of the WF vs. BHS game and the sound of them having 3 solid lines and a pretty strong Century team and minots offenssive play should be pretty stong too...its gnna be hard to beat....but i'm not really sure how the west is gnna be this year it should be interesting
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon_fan14 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Keyz20 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:

a good jamestown team?.....is that a joke?......that team has one kid(paiment) and a pretty good goalie.....THATS IT.....ill put money down that jtown goes 2 and out at wda like the past 2 years.
demon_fan14

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:14 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:-i dont want to hear any more hype about williston until they show me somthing better than that.

and they will show you when williston contends with bismarck or possible beats them, and give their goalie a break it was their first wda game of the season, and he came back and had a shutout the next night against jamestown, so im saying he just had a bad game and i think the west will be suprised with williston this year after they play their first few games
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyplaya » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:43 pm

Demon_fan14, sorry about the miss-info about the score (should of checked sources). The mishap with the goalie shooting the puck into the Mandan player is a one in a million chances...really, when does that ever happen? one minor thing and you bring him down for it? Almost positive that won't happen again. If i'm not mistaken I believe that 2 or 3 of the goals were passes across to the backdoor that a goalie can't really do much about. As for Williston not doing anything spectacular yet...did they not beat the supposedly #1 ranked Demons? Bismarck did really nothing after scoring their first goal. Now to Saucesauer, if you meant the Mandan players' stick falling out of his hands because a Williston player stepped on it while the stick was in the kids hands then yes, this should be a penalty. I don't know what you were watching...as for the penalty on the coach, Mandan's coach was acting like a child most of the game...I thought it was pathetic. I knew a penalty was coming sooner or later, too bad he basically lost it for his kids. For the penalty in ot, this might just be my opinion but if you don't call any penalties in overtime things are just going to get out of hand like some refs let them get. The call was fair get over it.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:45 pm

Although Williston did graduate a lot of seniors from last year, they really did impress me with their ability to hang with some of the EDC teams. Williston returns their goalie and several other varsity players, and at least for the WDA, I wouldn't count them out of contention. I can't really see these teams play until State, but I'd expect Williston to be ready by the end of the regular season.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:15 pm

hockeyplaya wrote:Demon_fan14, sorry about the miss-info about the score (should of checked sources). The mishap with the goalie shooting the puck into the Mandan player is a one in a million chances...really, when does that ever happen? one minor thing and you bring him down for it? Almost positive that won't happen again. If i'm not mistaken I believe that 2 or 3 of the goals were passes across to the backdoor that a goalie can't really do much about. As for Williston not doing anything spectacular yet...did they not beat the supposedly #1 ranked Demons? Bismarck did really nothing after scoring their first goal. Now to Saucesauer, if you meant the Mandan players' stick falling out of his hands because a Williston player stepped on it while the stick was in the kids hands then yes, this should be a penalty. I don't know what you were watching...as for the penalty on the coach, Mandan's coach was acting like a child most of the game...I thought it was pathetic. I knew a penalty was coming sooner or later, too bad he basically lost it for his kids. For the penalty in ot, this might just be my opinion but if you don't call any penalties in overtime things are just going to get out of hand like some refs let them get. The call was fair get over it.

WOW, are you seriously talking about Willy beating BHS in the jamboree all i know is when i played...which was 05-07 the jamboree didnt mean a thing, unless its changed in the past years, so drop that argument! On to their goalie whats the golden rule in the defensive zone? and the single thing that angers a goalie throwing the puck in front of his net....hmmm I don't think a senior in high school should make these mistakes in the first or last game! As I stated previously, if the refs wouldn't have been making urine poor calls the coach would have nothing to say at at that point in the period with the game on the line tuck your rabbit ears in and let the kids decide! I forgot those were 2 bismarck refs and a williston lineman and by bismarck refs i mean gong shows at least they were from when i played. You as a ref do not decide the game with a penalty in OT unless it is absolutly blatent or a attempt to injure and i saw neither!!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyplaya » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:59 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
hockeyplaya wrote:Demon_fan14, sorry about the miss-info about the score (should of checked sources). The mishap with the goalie shooting the puck into the Mandan player is a one in a million chances...really, when does that ever happen? one minor thing and you bring him down for it? Almost positive that won't happen again. If i'm not mistaken I believe that 2 or 3 of the goals were passes across to the backdoor that a goalie can't really do much about. As for Williston not doing anything spectacular yet...did they not beat the supposedly #1 ranked Demons? Bismarck did really nothing after scoring their first goal. Now to Saucesauer, if you meant the Mandan players' stick falling out of his hands because a Williston player stepped on it while the stick was in the kids hands then yes, this should be a penalty. I don't know what you were watching...as for the penalty on the coach, Mandan's coach was acting like a child most of the game...I thought it was pathetic. I knew a penalty was coming sooner or later, too bad he basically lost it for his kids. For the penalty in ot, this might just be my opinion but if you don't call any penalties in overtime things are just going to get out of hand like some refs let them get. The call was fair get over it.

WOW, are you seriously talking about Willy beating BHS in the jamboree all i know is when i played...which was 05-07 the jamboree didnt mean a thing, unless its changed in the past years, so drop that argument! On to their goalie whats the golden rule in the defensive zone? and the single thing that angers a goalie throwing the puck in front of his net....hmmm I don't think a senior in high school should make these mistakes in the first or last game! As I stated previously, if the refs wouldn't have been making urine poor calls the coach would have nothing to say at at that point in the period with the game on the line tuck your rabbit ears in and let the kids decide! I forgot those were 2 bismarck refs and a williston lineman and by bismarck refs i mean gong shows at least they were from when i played. You as a ref do not decide the game with a penalty in OT unless it is absolutly blatent or a attempt to injure and i saw neither!!!

LOL...if this is who I think it is, did you even get to play in the jamboree, or was that the only game you got to play in? The jamboree starts the year off, lets people know what team is where and what they need to work on...by the looks of it BHS needs to work on ALOT. Stop coming back with let the refs decide. Everyone in the WDA knows that half the games are decided by poor reffing. Get use to it.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gostars » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:02 pm

seriously jamestown is going to be top 3 in the west. who gives two nice who they have they work as a team and when they put it together watch out! they can put the puck in the back of the net!
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:00 am

gostars wrote:seriously jamestown is going to be top 3 in the west. who gives two nice who they have they work as a team and when they put it together watch out! they can put the puck in the back of the net!

like they did against williston right? not to be mean just proving a point
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:17 am

hockeyplaya wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

LOL...if this is who I think it is, did you even get to play in the jamboree, or was that the only game you got to play in? The jamboree starts the year off, lets people know what team is where and what they need to work on...by the looks of it BHS needs to work on ALOT. Stop coming back with let the refs decide. Everyone in the WDA knows that half the games are decided by poor reffing. Get use to it.

Nope, didnt play in the jamboree, Nor the North game, Nor the WF game, nor the first Mandan game, But i did lead CHS in scoring, was on the all WDA tourny team, and HM for WDA, so that should narrow it down quite a bit. Most of the teams in the jamboree are still experimenting with lines and figuing out who has chemistry. The jamboree is worthless, BHS outshot North i believe like 52 -16 with 10 diff players getting points. I am not saying let the refs decide i am saying keep your ears closed and your eyes open for once!

Highheat, that is my fault i got that info second hand and no one corrected me until now so i assumed it was right???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hockey4life » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:44 am

Saucesauer wrote:This is what i have for scores
BHS 6 WF 2 Sounds like BHS is really well balanced 10 different players getting points in the game, its nonconference so they rolled 4 lines....By far the best team in the west!!!

Hazen 7, Shanley 6....Apparently this one sounded like a gong show.

FN 2, CHS 1...No idea about this game, apparently it was scoreless well into the 3rd.

Williston 5, Mandan 4 OT......Was at this game, I have nothing good to say about Willy, their goalie may be a returner but WOW :shock: I would not put much stock into whos returning for netminders in the west this year! Mandan was up 3-1 after 1, tied at 3 after 2, and winning 4-3 with 1:30 left in the game but eventually lost, There were 2 REALLY REALLY bad penalties called on mandan with about 4 min. left in the third and a absolutly god awful call on them about 1 min into OT as much as it pains me to say it, Mandan got screwed....Mandans goalie is ok at best goes down way tooo much, pick a top corner and you should score about 90% of the time. All i can say from this game is Willy is not a top 2 team, and Mandan is a 4-7 team.

ok will you look at the topic for this post? it's opening week. it's not wda yet. you cannot judge a team from the opening week of hockey. teams are still getting lines set and seeing who they are going to play you shouldn't bash on any teams until we see what they are really made of when it's all said and done but not the first week into the season! and by the way so everytime you won a game in overtime did you blame the refs also for winning you the game? you can't put a games result in the ref's hands.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:00 pm

okok....there are some things that need to be cleared up

-hockeyplaya...throwing the puck up the middle of the zone leading to a free goal isnt something i would call a "minor mistake"

-gostars....honestly jamestown?...lets get real...shut down one guy and your golden

....and all this talk about the jamboree is ridiculous....they dont even keep score in the games!...i wouldnt doubt it if BHS played like half of their varsity players against williston....to show you how serious it is.....mandan played their jv against hazen even...NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE JAMBOREE

....and why would anyone pick against BHS in the west this year?....they gave up FIVE total shots to fargo north....FIVE....and it looked like they had really balanced scoring this past weekend
...i would be shocked if they did worse than 14-2 or 15-1in the WDA ....personally im predicting 16-0
demon_fan14

Postby Keyz20 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Saucesauer wrote:

correction-i think willistons goalie is a junior
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:23 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:okok....there are some things that need to be cleared up

-hockeyplaya...throwing the puck up the middle of the zone leading to a free goal isnt something i would call a "minor mistake"

-gostars....honestly jamestown?...lets get real...shut down one guy and your golden

....and all this talk about the jamboree is ridiculous....they dont even keep score in the games!...i wouldnt doubt it if BHS played like half of their varsity players against williston....to show you how serious it is.....mandan played their jv against hazen even...NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE JAMBOREE

....and why would anyone pick against BHS in the west this year?....they gave up FIVE total shots to fargo north....FIVE....and it looked like they had really balanced scoring this past weekend
...i would be shocked if they did worse than 14-2 or 15-1in the WDA ....personally im predicting 16-0

And they'll get beat in the first round at state by an EDC team :D
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:53 pm

central hockey fan wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:okok....there are some things that need to be cleared up

And they'll get beat in the first round at state by an EDC team :D

just like last year right?
demon_fan14

Next

Return to WDA