Dickinson

Teams of the West Region

Dickinson

Postby chumpzilla » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Any predictions or thoughts on how the Midgets will handle loosing long time coach.
Turkey
chumpzilla
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Dickinson

Postby demon_fan14 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:29 pm

I think they will do better with a new coach i dont think they jelled well under hanaman. Also only real losses are Kovacs and Kaiser.....they will be a force next year with Frenzel, Reisenauer, Reis, O' Brien, and R Kovacs all returning
demon_fan14

Postby project-pat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:57 pm

The Midgets will be taken over by Coach Tom Folske. He used to live in Bowman and travelled up to Dickinson last year to be the Co-head coach..He has now moved to Dickinson full time and looks to do great things with the Midgets. He is a very knowledgable coach. They have a good group of guys returning and should be a contender!
I'm just a soul who's intentions are good..oh lord..please don't let me be missunderstood! What's understood ain't gotta be explained..but you don't understand me so let me explain..
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsallday » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:03 am

yes they do have a fairly decent team this year and also i beileve a pretty strong goalie to replace the big loss of kovacs last year but the thing is in my opinion it usually takes a new head coach a year or so to kinda get use to the system and figure everything out throughout the state so that could be a big downfall for them if he doesnt adjust quickly and lets not forget about dickensons strong reputation of blue flaming lets hope the new coach can prevent that
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby ddn4tcom » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:56 am

sportsallday wrote:...in my opinion it usually takes a new head coach a year or so to kinda get use to the system and figure everything out throughout the state so that could be a big downfall for them if he doesnt adjust quickly and lets not forget about dickinsons strong reputation of blue flaming lets hope the new coach can prevent that

Dickinson's New Coach has actually been a part of the system for the past 4 years. He was the assistant/Co-head coach for the past 3 years and helped with practices 4 years ago. He gratuated from Grafton while playing hockey there and also played hockey for NDSU, when they had a good university team. I'm his oldest son and i'm going to UND and live for Fighting Sioux Hockey and my younger brother is an avid part of the Dickinson youth hockey program. I appreciate Project Pat's attempt at making dickinson look like a good team. I love ya man, your a good friend of mine but you dont know a whole lot about hockey :wink: .
ddn4tcom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Franktv » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:31 pm

Joel Otto seems to be doing well this year in the goalie position.
Franktv
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:10 pm

i feel like this could be a huge step for the midgets i mean dont get me wrong i think the team played well and excersied extremely good sportsmanship under there last coach, i just think that as far as "winning games" goes...they defanitly need to head in a new direction. from what i saw about there last coach he was so focused on his team having good attitudes and not getting penaltys that he got side tracked for what there main goal was. i also feel like this "soft" style of play that he enforced kept his team from playing there hardest. In all i think that a new coach should help them keep there eye on the prize...
Wheres the knee
LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY
NDPreps Reserve

Return to WDA