Next Years Predictions?

Teams of the West Region

Re: Next Years Predictions?

Postby feed the mule » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:17 am

Post deleted, user banned. Moderator.
feed the mule

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:23 pm

feed the mule wrote:Deleted by Moderator.

Moderaters and admin, your going to let this bs fly, this is a joke, this member is a joke he has offered nothing that even remotely resembels a intelligent thought, end his account please!

Kurt Bry is a soph, probley wont see any varsity ice, unless he practices with the varsity team, absolutly no reason to mention his name!

Welk he is not a transfer he went to saint marys last year i dont think he ever played hockey unless he quit after squirts or somthing

Dont listen to anything this jack*** has to say!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:35 pm

He was banned, Saucesauer.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:19 pm

brownbomber wrote:
football57 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
jkaiz wrote:not in any order

Bhigh - lost alot of scoring but return hochalter, richter, peterson, and romanik. interested to see the goalie situation there, i thought that was the reason they choked at state.

Bcentury - lost knutson but return some to be sophs which was a large portion of thier scoring, they were very young and return alot of experience, i see them doing well next year.

Dicky - lost kovacs but otto steps in, they return most of thier scoring and still have frenzel and little kovacs.

hazen/buelah - dont expect much out of them at all, oster was the team and now he's gone.

mandan - i think they will finish in the middle of the pack, lost kline and haugen, they have some young talent but i think they did well last year because of haugen quarterbacking.

jamestown - should be better than last year, return peiment, and lindberg, didn't lose much as well.

minot - they will finish towards the top, return most of scoring, if schmidt stays they will be up there, interesting to see how they will do without skogen.

bott - we will have to see, some young talent, but not enough to get them to state, return getzlaf but i dont see much in him... even with 3 years under his belt

williston - i think they are loaded again and will be in the top 2 in the west this year, although they lost rehak, they return most of thier scoring and return evenson who did very well towards the end of the year despite everyone, including myself, thinking he would not beable to keep them in games.

1. Bismarck High
2. Williston High
3. Dickinson High
4. Jamestown
5. Minot High
6. Bis. Century
7. Mandan
8. Bottineau
9. Hazen/Beulah
Bismarck High will definetly be the team to beat in the 08-09 season with Williston and Dickinson fighting for the #2 spot, Williston will win because they have more depth I think, Jamestown and Minot will also be fighting for the #4 spot. Century will be the darkhorse cause they usually begin to pick up their game towards the end of the year.
getzlaff has 2 years experience and he's probably one of the best goalies in the west region so maybe you should get your stats right

what stat says hes one of the best goalies in the wda?

id say hes one of the best because if you havent noticed...he plays every game up there in bottineau, and he also takes way more shots than almost any goalie except hazen/beulah, and yet this kid usually has one of the best save % in the wda
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:37 pm

what stat says hes one of the best goalies in the wda?[/quote]

id say hes one of the best because if you havent noticed...he plays every game up there in bottineau, and he also takes way more shots than almost any goalie except hazen/beulah, and yet this kid usually has one of the best save % in the wda[/quote]

no he did not still have the best sv% in the wda get your facts right kid, i dont care how many games he plays. yeah i know who plays a less then average team but saying hes the best might be going a little too far hes a good goalie but idk about best in the wda
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:19 pm

Technically Kris Anderson had the best stats in the WDA last year. Buchholz took the state (His shots are recorded as -3 saves for 3 goals against RR). However, Kris Anderson only played 2 1/2 games.
For those goalies in the West last year that were likely the best were one of the following: Drew Eichele, Ethan Kline or Grant Kovacs. They had the most games along with the best save percentages. However, all 3 of these goalies were Seniors, leaving the WDA with a lack of tending.

---

Apparently BHS doesn't think very highly of themselves. Haha.

2008-09 N.D. High School Hockey West Region Boy's Coaches Poll
[as of 11-17-08]

1-Bismarck Century 14 [1]
2-Williston 12
3-Minot 10
4-Jamestown 8
5-Dickinson 6
6-Mandan 4
7-Bottineau 2
8-Hazen/Beulah 0
9-Bismarck High 0

Teams Reporting: Bismarck High,
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:10 pm

those obviously arnt rite...who in there rite minds would vote for century? they have very little on the offence, almost no defence, and dont even get me started on there tending
Wheres the knee
LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:44 pm

If you looked at what I wrote you would have realized that the only team that has voted was Bismark High. That means that's Bismark High's rankings for the WDA this season. They didn't rank themselves.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:16 am

brownbomber wrote:what stat says hes one of the best goalies in the wda?

id say hes one of the best because if you havent noticed...he plays every game up there in bottineau, and he also takes way more shots than almost any goalie except hazen/beulah, and yet this kid usually has one of the best save % in the wda[/quote]

no he did not still have the best sv% in the wda get your facts right kid, i dont care how many games he plays. yeah i know who plays a less then average team but saying hes the best might be going a little too far hes a good goalie but idk about best in the wda[/quote]

re read that and tell me if i said he was the best... or if he had the best save percentage. i give this kid props... hes had medical problems, and doctors have told him he might not get to play for the past three seasons now... yet the kid shows up and plays every game. and games and shots on goal should matter when you make a decision on who are the better goalies.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby Keyz20 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:27 pm

tim wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
football57 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
jkaiz wrote:not in any order

Bhigh - lost alot of scoring but return hochalter, richter, peterson, and romanik. interested to see the goalie situation there, i thought that was the reason they choked at state.

Bcentury - lost knutson but return some to be sophs which was a large portion of thier scoring, they were very young and return alot of experience, i see them doing well next year.

Dicky - lost kovacs but otto steps in, they return most of thier scoring and still have frenzel and little kovacs.

hazen/buelah - dont expect much out of them at all, oster was the team and now he's gone.

mandan - i think they will finish in the middle of the pack, lost kline and haugen, they have some young talent but i think they did well last year because of haugen quarterbacking.

jamestown - should be better than last year, return peiment, and lindberg, didn't lose much as well.

minot - they will finish towards the top, return most of scoring, if schmidt stays they will be up there, interesting to see how they will do without skogen.

bott - we will have to see, some young talent, but not enough to get them to state, return getzlaf but i dont see much in him... even with 3 years under his belt

williston - i think they are loaded again and will be in the top 2 in the west this year, although they lost rehak, they return most of thier scoring and return evenson who did very well towards the end of the year despite everyone, including myself, thinking he would not beable to keep them in games.

1. Bismarck High
2. Williston High
3. Dickinson High
4. Jamestown
5. Minot High
6. Bis. Century
7. Mandan
8. Bottineau
9. Hazen/Beulah
Bismarck High will definetly be the team to beat in the 08-09 season with Williston and Dickinson fighting for the #2 spot, Williston will win because they have more depth I think, Jamestown and Minot will also be fighting for the #4 spot. Century will be the darkhorse cause they usually begin to pick up their game towards the end of the year.
getzlaff has 2 years experience and he's probably one of the best goalies in the west region so maybe you should get your stats right

what stat says hes one of the best goalies in the wda?

id say hes one of the best because if you havent noticed...he plays every game up there in bottineau, and he also takes way more shots than almost any goalie except hazen/beulah, and yet this kid usually has one of the best save % in the wda

i was watching williston vs. bottineau at jamboree and williston made getzlef look foolish...i could see if bott had better defensemen to give him a litle support he could be pretty good but i still don't think hes one of the top goalies in the west
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby SIOUXGUY » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:10 pm

i was watching williston vs. bottineau at jamboree and williston made getzlef look foolish...i could see if bott had better defensemen to give him a litle support he could be pretty good but i still don't think hes one of the top goalies in the west[quote][/quote]

are you sure it was Getzlaff in the net or one of the backups. I heard williston put in three on the backup
SIOUXGUY

Postby demon_fan14 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:35 pm

my updated predictions

1. BHS
2. Minot
3. Williston
4/5 Mandan/Century.....either order
6. Jamestown
7. Bottineau
8. Dickinson
9. Hazen

i had williston #2 but i wasnt impressed when i saw them play.....with cole frenzel out Dickinson has even less offensive power and i see them having a horrible year....i think mandan could move up if they can get some average goaltending.
demon_fan14

Postby hockeyplaya » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:11 pm

sportsallday wrote:
LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY wrote:1.Williston-returning goal tender, and jordan nelson
2.bismark-cuz there bismark
3.Dickinson-great defence
4.Minot-great team spirit
5.Century-good chemistry
6.Jamestown-i've seen them fall a** first into a win or 2 more then once
7.Mandan-good speed
8.Bottineau-loves the game
9.Hazen-good goal tender

Williston # 1 i would have to disagree with that i believe bismarck will be above them for sure and probably minot and dicky to and why pick out jordan nelson out of all the players in the west? yes he is a very talented player which will help his team alot but there are many other kids in the west which i believe shouldnt be metioned with there team if he is going to be such as bryce schmitt from minot? Or nick romanick ffrom bismarck

Probably the reason he picked out Jordan Nelson rather than Bryce Schmitt is because Nelson is a team player. He makes things happen and finds the open guy. Whereas Schmitt is basically an old school pee wee puck hog that needs to learn how to pass...if Minot wants to go anywhere this season he needs to learn the fundamentals of hockey. One big hit on Schmitt will shut down the whole Minot team for the rest of the game. The End.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gostars » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:13 pm

1.chs
2.jhs
3.minot
4.bhs
5.williston
6.dickinson
7.mandan
8.bott
9.hazen
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsallday » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:14 am

that is probably the worst predictions i have ever seen with chs and jhs the top two teams that has to be some kind of joke or something cause those two teams have very little chance of even makeing it to state this year yet less be the top 2 in the west
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:21 am

gostars wrote:1.chs
2.jhs
3.minot
4.bhs
5.williston
6.dickinson
7.mandan
8.bott
9.hazen

At least you got the 8 and 9 teams right,

1 BHS
2-7 CHS,DHS,WHS,MHS,JHS,MHS
8 HB
9 Bott
After the first week I think its going to be WAY WAY closer than anyone thinks!
But i still feel its BHS's to lose
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:04 pm

gostars wrote:1.chs
2.jhs
3.minot
4.bhs
5.williston
6.dickinson
7.mandan
8.bott
9.hazen

im going out on a limb here.....are you from jamestown?
demon_fan14

Postby sportsallday » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:30 am

yes i would have to guess they are from jamestown im just wondering how long till they shutup after williston beat em easily and i expect minot to do they same this friday
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby SIOUXGUY » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:02 pm

what do you think of bott chances against jamestown this weekend. especially coming after the minot game.
SIOUXGUY

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:17 pm

SIOUXGUY wrote:what do you think of bott chances against jamestown this weekend. especially coming after the minot game.

i actually think bottineau has a pretty good chance to take that game.....especially on home ice.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsallday » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:09 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:
SIOUXGUY wrote:what do you think of bott chances against jamestown this weekend. especially coming after the minot game.

i actually think bottineau has a pretty good chance to take that game.....especially on home ice.

i would have to agree with that because i think bottineau has a better advantage when playing on home ice than most teams becuase there rink is so cold its not the easiest to adjust to along with the ice being harder and to top it all off they always have a big rowdy and involved student section
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby ironrange » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:31 pm

Bottineau-2 Jamestown-0
ironrange

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:55 pm

ironrange wrote:Bottineau-2 Jamestown-0

so much for jamestown being 2nd in the west......i do believe bottineau will suprise a few more teams this year
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby preps12 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:28 pm

1. Bismarck High
2. Minot
3. Williston
4. Century
5. Jamestown
6. Mandan
7. Bottineau
8. Dickinson
9. Hazen
preps12
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:15 am

preps12 wrote:1. Bismarck High
2. Minot
3. Williston
4. Century
5. Jamestown
6. Mandan
7. Bottineau
8. Dickinson
9. Hazen

How can you put Jamestown, who just lost to Bottineau, higher than Bottineau?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to WDA