2008 West Region "All Tournament Team"

Teams of the West Region

Postby ND Football Guy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:08 pm

These selections were voted on by members of the media and off-ice officals that covered the West Region Tournament.

F - Andrew Seeberg - Bismarck High
F - Austin Riopelle - Mandan
F - Jake Axtman - Williston
F - Jeff Keiser - Dickinson
F - Cole Geis - Bismarck High

D - Colby Rehak - Williston
D - Tyler Peterson - Bismarck High
D - Sam Salveson - Mandan

G - McCade Evanson - Williston
G - Derek Skogen - Minot
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2008 West Region "All Tournament Team"

Postby ndplaya1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:27 am

good selection but i would of liked to see haugen from mandan and kovacs who i thought played the best in the wda tourney.
ndplaya1

Postby Damus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:07 pm

Haugen I agree with. Kid is by far most underrated player in the West. Kovacs, I didn't think had a "Bad" tourney, but he certainly wasn't where the other two were...

Skogen by far was the best of the tourney. He made some unreal saves, and was on his head the entire BHS/Minot game.

Evanson was also top notch...But Skogen was the most impressive without a doubt.

(Even though it's stupid that everyone's saying "it's a record" for his saves against BHS...How quickly we forget KOvacs' 61 saves in the opening round last year against Jamestown)
Damus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jkaiz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:35 pm

i also think haugen should have been on there... riopelle played well but i thought the reason he played well was because of haugens' play
jkaiz

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:20 pm

jkaiz wrote:i also think haugen should have been on there... riopelle played well but i thought the reason he played well was because of haugens' play

why isnt joey paulus of chs on the team. im going to e-mail the ndhsha and figure out why. this kid is amazing and just wasnt on the best team.
Stormtrooper

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:08 am

Stormtrooper wrote:
jkaiz wrote:i also think haugen should have been on there... riopelle played well but i thought the reason he played well was because of haugens' play

why isnt joey paulus of chs on the team. im going to e-mail the ndhsha and figure out why. this kid is amazing and just wasnt on the best team.

You do realize the ndhsaa has nothing to do with the selections right??? They are selected by coaches and media. NDHSAA has no input so it would be a waste of time to email them.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Return to WDA